shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on ASET?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
What are some people''s thoughts on this ASET? Thanks in advance!!

ASET.PNG

babyness

Rough_Rock
not an expert by any stretch, but there does seem to be a lot of green...

see here to help decipher what the colors mean:
High Performance Diamonds

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to see more red myself....

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Ok, kind of my thoughts too, but I wanted to consult the experts!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem, good luck!

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
To be honest, you can do better. That Aset image looks ok, but if you want something with a lot of fire/briliance you need more red.

EXAMPLE

Specs;

Carat Weight: 0.91
Measurments: 5.31x5.22x3.84
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 73.6%
Table: 69%
Girdle: Thick
Price: $3300

The 2 Pics.JPG

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Ok, so here is a second ASET of a different diamond, I think this one looks better? Symmetry is only GIA VG on this stone, and the dimensions are 5.42x5.29, is that a bit too rectangular? I guess that is probably more of a personal preference than a objective quality though, and the only way to tell would be to see it in person in actual size.

untitled.PNG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 4:44:36 AM
Author: oneforship
Ok, so here is a second ASET of a different diamond, I think this one looks better? Symmetry is only GIA VG on this stone, and the dimensions are 5.42x5.29, is that a bit too rectangular? I guess that is probably more of a personal preference than a objective quality though, and the only way to tell would be to see it in person in actual size.
This one looks better than the first. Length x width ratio is fine IMO. VG symmetry shouldn't be an issue. Do you have the pic of the actual diamond? I take it you are still looking and didn't choose one of the diamonds from the other day?

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Here is the picture of the actual diamond. It is a .9ct H color diamond. Oh, and yes I'm still looking. I'm actually overseas for a while, and since I can't receive the diamond while I'm out of town, I figure it can't hurt to keep looking! I've also been speaking with Melissa from HPD, and she is helping me look for some alternatives as well.

untitledact.PNG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 5:33:41 AM
Here is the picture of the actual diamond. It is a .9ct H color diamond. Oh, and yes I''m still looking. I''m actually overseas for a while, and since I can''t receive the diamond while I''m out of town, I figure it can''t hurt to keep looking! I''ve also been speaking with Melissa from HPD, and she is helping me look for some alternatives as well.
Ok! No harm in that at all!

The pic of the diamond below looks great!

oneforship

Rough_Rock
I know you can''t necessarily judge a princess by the numbers, but is there anything in the information I have that makes it worth tossing?

5.42x5.29x3.92
Depth - 74.1
Table - 67%
Girdle - Thin to Thick
No flourescence.

There is no information on the GIA report regarding the crown or pavilion angles.

Here is the idealscope for good measure.

Iscope.PNG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 5:50:56 AM
I know you can''t necessarily judge a princess by the numbers, but is there anything in the information I have that makes it worth tossing?

5.42x5.29x3.92
Depth - 74.1
Table - 67%
Girdle - Thin to Thick
No flourescence.

There is no information on the GIA report regarding the crown or pavilion angles.

Here is the idealscope for good measure.
It is a very nice diamond by the looks of it, not such a fine cut as the other two you were looking at the other day, but a good diamond nevertheless. I prefer less girdle variance at thin to thick but this isn''t necessarily a dealbreaker, so I would keep it in the running. Also we don''t use the angles in the same way with Princess as rounds, so no worries.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I''m still waiting to hear more back from Melissa. And, like I said, I''m not exactly trying to make this purchase tomorrow or anything, so I don''t have to make any decisions...I''m just enjoying the search! After seeing some of Wink''s videos though of his princesses, it''s hard not to want one!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 6:01:41 AM
Yeah, I''m still waiting to hear more back from Melissa. And, like I said, I''m not exactly trying to make this purchase tomorrow or anything, so I don''t have to make any decisions...I''m just enjoying the search! After seeing some of Wink''s videos though of his princesses, it''s hard not to want one!
Oh tell me about it, Infinity Princess are stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:23:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Quite true! I can watch those videos over and over!
4.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 6:49:37 AM

Date: 3/24/2009 6:23:59 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Quite true! I can watch those videos over and over!
4.gif
Me too but ''tis very dangerous for my wallet......
27.gif

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 4:44:36 AM
untitled.PNG

This is MUCH better, and a 1.02 L/W isn''t that bad. There might be ones that do have a bit better Aset images, just like the Infinity diamonds, but they are almost twice as expensive.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any thoughts on this diamond? Here is a link to the AGS cert.

AGS000
.99ct
VS2
J Color

. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 0.990
. Depth %: 71.9
. Table %: 68
. Girdle: STK-TK
. Measurements: 5.53-5.50X3.95
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

It is at a wholesaler, and is available from a few Vendors, including Whiteflash. I obviously can''t get any images for this one at the moment, but at just a tad over $3000, does this seem like a good buy? And who would be the best vendor to use if I want to get more information, should I ask Whiteflash to look at it for me and send pictures, or should I get it sent to an independent appraiser where I can see it in person as well?

Thoughts anyone?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 12:04:29 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on this diamond? Here is a link to the AGS cert.

AGS000
.99ct
VS2
J Color

. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 0.990
. Depth %: 71.9
. Table %: 68
. Girdle: STK-TK
. Measurements: 5.53-5.50X3.95
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

It is at a wholesaler, and is available from a few Vendors, including Whiteflash. I obviously can't get any images for this one at the moment, but at just a tad over $3000, does this seem like a good buy? And who would be the best vendor to use if I want to get more information, should I ask Whiteflash to look at it for me and send pictures, or should I get it sent to an independent appraiser where I can see it in person as well?

Thoughts anyone?
It could be worth having a look, there could be shipping fees involved however, you could if you wished arrange to have the diamond sent to an appraiser where you could view it - you would need to speak to the diamond's owner or the vendor you choose to deal with as to what fees might be payable. It doesn't look as if the AGS report is loaded through WF so you would need to contact them for further info.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:11:43 PM
It could be worth having a look, there could be shipping fees involved however, you could if you wished arrange to have the diamond sent to an appraiser where you could view it - you would need to speak to the diamond's owner or the vendor you choose to deal with as to what fees might be payable. It doesn't look as if the AGS report is loaded through WF so you would need to contact them for further info.

Ah! My apologies, I linked to the wrong link! The cert is available at USA Certed and is HERE! (That's how I got the AGS000)

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:23:57 PM

Date: 3/24/2009 12:11:43 PM
It could be worth having a look, there could be shipping fees involved however, you could if you wished arrange to have the diamond sent to an appraiser where you could view it - you would need to speak to the diamond''s owner or the vendor you choose to deal with as to what fees might be payable. It doesn''t look as if the AGS report is loaded through WF so you would need to contact them for further info.

Ah! My apologies, I linked to the wrong link! The cert is available at USA Certed and is HERE! (That''s how I got the AGS000)
You need to be carefull with "J" color, as you will probably start seeing the yellow in certain light, especially if it is set in a white setting.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:53:08 PM
Author: JasonFaber
You need to be carefull with ''J'' color, as you will probably start seeing the yellow in certain light, especially if it is set in a white setting.

I''ve seen some pretty gorgeous Ks and Js in
this thread.

So I understand that the cut needs to be really good, and that there might be some warmth, but that''s why I''m looking for the AGS000 cut princesses.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 3:13:14 PM

Date: 3/24/2009 2:53:08 PM
Author: JasonFaber
You need to be carefull with ''J'' color, as you will probably start seeing the yellow in certain light, especially if it is set in a white setting.

I''ve seen some pretty gorgeous Ks and Js in
this thread.

So I understand that the cut needs to be really good, and that there might be some warmth, but that''s why I''m looking for the AGS000 cut princesses.
A J colour with a fab cut will not look yellow - no worries. You might notice a very slight hint of warmth from the side in some lights but this isn''t an issue for many happy J owners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results