shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on 1.5-2mm pave bands for .5 to 1 carat engagement

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I am new to pricescope and have a few questions about engagement ring bands for all of you knowledgable people!
My boyfriend and I have been looking at engagement rings and I am interested in getting a smaller round cut diamond (definitely under 1ct most likely in the .5-.8 carat range) I really like low basket settings and thin pave bands in the 1.5-2 mmrange. I have been reading older posts about the risks of thin bands and especially thin pave bands but was curious if a smaller center stone would help with the any of those issues? Is there any particular type of pave cut that is safer to use? Would you recommend platinum or white gold with the specs of 1 ct under and pave band? Any feedback would be helpful and very appreciated!

Thanks!
Dani

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Thoughts on 1.5-2mm pave bands for .5 to 1 carat engagem

No opinion myself but read this thread, most especially Gypsy's post on Jan 25 at 7.35pm. I think it would be helpful if you do want to go the full pave route.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Thoughts on 1.5-2mm pave bands for .5 to 1 carat engagem

Platinum would be my choice for a pave setting as gold can wear away over time, and the minimum width of the shank should be at least 1.8mm. A 2mm shank is still very thin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results