shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts of upgrade to actually getting one? How long?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
How long did you have to wait to get the first upgrade from when you first initally wanted one?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I upgraded I did it within a couple of weeks from deciding. No point in hanging around
9.gif
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 years..

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 5:31:05 PM
Author: Maisie
When I upgraded I did it within a couple of weeks from deciding. No point in hanging around
9.gif
9.gif
Well aren''t YOU lucky.
face6.gif

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Within a couple weeks...returned twice for bigger sizes. lol

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 5:35:45 PM
Author: Peepa

Date: 10/3/2008 5:31:05 PM
Author: Maisie
9.gif
9.gif
Well aren''t YOU lucky.
face6.gif
I think I am. My hubby is very supportive of my habit
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I just got my upgrade stone in June, started thinking about it around Oct/Nov, so I guess about 6 to 7 months before actually getting the stone on my hand.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Before we got married I knew I wanted an upgrade. I love my ring, I just want it to grow with me! We decided that I can upgrade 7 years after he proposed so I''m obviously still waiting on mine.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping to upgrade for the sixth anniversary of my wearing my ring. But it''s not happening. Now I''m hoping it might be for my tenth wedding anniversary.
3.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I too wanted an upgrade shortly after receiving my ering, but my FI and I agreed to wait 5 years. But it''ll be worth the wait.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
two years

and in that time I found Pricescope; then Pandora''s box flew open!!!!

hubby should have just gone out and bought a new ring first day I mentioned it
emotion-14.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2008 8:21:47 AM
Author: Diva0413
I too wanted an upgrade shortly after receiving my ering, but my FI and I agreed to wait 5 years. But it''ll be worth the wait.
I''m in the same boat as Diva. DH and I both want to upgrade my ring, but we want it to be for a "special occasion." So, we''re hoping to do it for our fifth wedding anniversary, in July of 2010.
21.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
ok, so i think i am the minority here on a diamond forum. we agreed that i would never "upgrade" my ring. it was the ring that he proposed with so obviously, it meant something to the both of us. BUT DH is very supportive in that he will get me more diamonds. so my ER will be my ER forever, but i can always upgrade to bigger earrings or more eternity bands or pendants.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 1:30:56 PM
Author: puffy
ok, so i think i am the minority here on a diamond forum. we agreed that i would never ''upgrade'' my ring. it was the ring that he proposed with so obviously, it meant something to the both of us. BUT DH is very supportive in that he will get me more diamonds. so my ER will be my ER forever, but i can always upgrade to bigger earrings or more eternity bands or pendants.

I''m in the same boat as you... My hubby won''t let me touch my e-ring or wedding band, but I can get new stuff!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I upgraded 18 months ago and just did it again today
23.gif
I may have one more upgrade in my system, but I think that would be it
2.gif

I didn't answer your question: it took 11 years for the first upgrade and 18 months for the second.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
26 yrs. for the first one. Original ER to a band.

then 4 more years from the band to the one I have in the works.
(I know, I haven''t spilled the beans yet. Too stressful to go into, but I will,... promise)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far, 4 years and no ungrade yet. I go between wanting a bigger stone and being sentimental over what I have. I doubt I''ll ever "ugrade", probably just make a collection of several smaller rings.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted one for about two years and then in the end, purchased a new car instead! Like Addy, I won''t be upgrading, instead just buying other stuff to add to my collection.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I did it once three months after my original e-ring was on my finger, for a lot of reasons other than wanting an "upgrade." But I do want to change my setting. That''s a long time away though I think lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results