shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts appreciated on VS2 inclusions for G 3.38 carat

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am looking at a G VS2 3.38 carat diamond, the proportions of which appear to be great (T: 56% D: 60.9%; C:15%, 34deg; Pav 43%, 40.8deg; Girdle: M – ST ) but its only the 2nd diamond I ever bought and I would very much appreciate some feedback on it. Price is USD61,000. I am buying sight unseen but with money back guarantee.

It is GIA 3Ex and hits HCA 0.9 (3 Ex with VG spread) and AGA/Naja 1A. The only concerns I have are the table top crystals. The GIA cert and the crystal details can be seen at this link http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=2175366250&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547 . I am awaiting a clear table top side picture of the stone (Aset etc images will not be available).

Any help appreciated, thanks a lot.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Need picture.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi - Thats a big call to buy a stone at that price without even a few pictures to review...
Unless you can get some images, you're also not likely to get too many responses on PS - - you might want to speak to the vendor and see what they can provide for you...even if it's taken with their phone :)
Good luck

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Price sounds about right. Ask for close up top view and side view pictures.

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Hi, thank you for the initial responses. I am attaching the image I have been provided which may be the only one I get (I have asked for ASET etc but seems not available). Is it clear enough and based on this image with the above proportions and HCA specs, and the GIA certificate link, is there enough to have a reasonable opinion on the likely performance of it?

Main concern is if the number of crystal inclusions will impact performance?

Worse case is I buy and then pay shipping/insurance to return it. Or, given the money I am spending, am I simply better off taking more time and going for a diamond from a seller with ASET images like BGD or similar (although BGD have nothing 3+ in G/F color right now)?

Thank you for further thoughts!

_35726.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stevenb -

I'm not sure if you're dealing with BN, but given your only having stats and one photo, I'm guessing you might be.

If it's any consolation, I recently bought a 3.61 I VS2 from BN, and if you look back at my recent posts you'll find plenty of photos of it. It's a gorgeous stone.

I don't believe a VS2 would have enough crystal inclusions to impact performance (assuming the cut is ideal); you'd need a fair bit of junk in a stone for it to affect light performance. If you look at Good Old Gold's web site, you'll see many stones at an SI2 grading that still get AGS ideal light performance grading . More to the point, tho, would it be completely eye clean? At that size - probably, but not definitely. Mine is, for example - very! - and yours probably would be also. I see some 'stuff' going on in your stone, but that's to be expected in any VS stone at that magnification. It looks minor, though, so I'd be expecting it to be clean when it arrived. Just eyeball is carefully when it arrives and make sure it meets your expectations.

If you're dealing with BN, your only problems would be time sensitivity on the return (which might not be an issue for you at all) and the cost of returning the stone, as it needs to be insured to be shipped. Other than that, you lose nothing in at least taking a look at it. I took a punt on the basis of stats and one photo, and I am THRILLED with the result. I hope you're equally happy!

Just to add - the single photo I received was a lot like yours. It showed hints of arrows, but that was about it. However - in hand it has a clear, striking, beautifully balanced H&A pattern, which you'll see if you look at my photos.

Good luck!

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Thanks mrs Blop, thats helpful and reassuring about BN. Have asked for more pics and they are trying, will share if I get them. Its the proportions that are swaying me in favour but I do not know enough about reading inclusions in the GIA report. But can return if needed.

If any other "close eyes" have observations on the picture that would be great, thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard call on the inclusions on a stone that size. I think you are going to have to take a chance on it.

Just as an FYI. If this doesn't work out, I suggest calling Wink at HPD and working with him to have him source a nice stone for you. He has excellent customer service and can get all the pictures, videos, scans you need for you. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as they pay return shipping, I think it is definitely worth looking at. I can't tell anything from that picture. I will say that MrsBlop did end up with a great stone because she went for the safest numbers cut wise and it worked! Inclusions on 3 ct stones just have to be seen in person to be sure they are eyeclean from all sides.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Wheres the GIA link?

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the recent replies. to Sphene, the link is in my first post of this topic.

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Well i finally received more information on this one. I have attached a newly obtained Sarin report which some may be able to read, and also links to 2 videos of the diamond. No Idealscope or Aset images coming, so this is it. Is there anything in particular from any of these new images that I should be concerned about, or now worth a punt (with money back guarantee) given the great proportions?

Again, your experienced comments much appreciated, thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aicoj0kfny1m6aw/Video%2030-12-15%2012%2011%2013%20am.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itgpa7v7lhx6iht/Video%2030-12-15%2012%2011%2018%20am.mov?dl=0

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=2175366250&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

Attachments

• sarin_0.pdf
    643.6 KB · Views: 35

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks stunning!

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Thank you mrs blop for the "stunning" comment on the videos i have been sent of this diamond. The holidays have slowed matters down and I have been told I now need to make a decison today.

But i have found an F 3.20 VS2 for around usd70K for which i have the attached pic and ASET/IS images (no images for the G 3.38 at usd 61K other than what is posted below and the videos). I am prepared to pay some extra for an F but I am not sure about the F images and the proportions are not great (although it hits 1.8 (2 ex, 2 vg) on HCA) compared to the G and its awesome measurements.

And the F GIA report shows some nasty feather/needles around the girdle, which i thought i should be avoiding. http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=5193723274&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547 . whereas the G only has some "friendly" crystals going on with it as per the link in an earlier post.

so I would very much appreciate some feedback on a comparison of these 2 diamonds with what is available, thanks a lot!

G 3.38 T: 56% D: 60.9%; C:15%, 34deg; Pav 43%, 40.8deg; Girdle: M – ST; measures 9.65 x 9.72 x 5.90; HCA 0.9 (3 ex and vg spread); AGA/Naja 1A

F 3.20 T: 55% D: 62.7%; C:16.5%, 36deg; Pav 42.5%, 40.6deg; Girdle: M – ST; measures 9.35 x 9.40 x 5.88 ; HCA 1.8 (2 ex and vg scin/spread); AGA/Naja 1B

3_6.jpg

_35894.jpg

_35895.jpg

320d.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The F is too deep and faces up small because of that. I'd stick with the G. It will be visually larger and has better measurements overall.

stevenb

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your response!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results