shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts and Opinions? And a color question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pitter98

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum/website about a week or two ago and found some very good information. Since finding this, I have changed my opinion a bit about what I wanted to get. As always, wanted to get the most diamond for the price. Here is the princess cut diamond I am currently looking at:

Shape and Style: Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 6.49 x 6.30 x 4.62 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Light Performance: 0
Proportion Factors: 0
Finish: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Color Grade: AGS 2.5 (I)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight: 1.546
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments:
Additional clouds are not shown.

Table: 68.3%
Crown Angle: 39.0
Crown Height: 11.6%
Girdle: 2.4% to 2.8%
Pavilion Angle: 40.1
Pavilion Depth: 59.6%
Total Depth: 73.3%
Culet: Pointed

Price: $7800

I am looking to get this diamond set in a split-shank white gold solitaire band in about a size 4.5. I wanted to see if the gem greats here thought that this is a good deal or not. Also, I am wondering if the I color will be very noticeable in the white gold setting? I won''t be able to see the diamond before I buy it, but there is a 30 day return policy on it. I had been hoping for an H or better, but when I saw this AGS 0 in an I color, I didn''t really want to pass it up. The stone in just barely in budget and will put me a little bit over with the setting, but I can manage.
2.gif
Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''ve picked a great stone. As for the I colour, it is dependent upon your tolerance. At least you have a generous 30 day return window should you decide that the stone is too warm for your tastes.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 4:34:21 PM
Author: Chrono
I think you''ve picked a great stone. As for the I colour, it is dependent upon your tolerance. At least you have a generous 30 day return window should you decide that the stone is too warm for your tastes.
Ditto to all.

stormtrooper

Rough_Rock
I''m no expert, but I am also in search of a princess cut diamond.

I have read on this forum that princess cuts tend to show the color a bit more than RB. So if you''re concerned about the color, I would recommend you view it in person first.

I just had a chance to view the diamond that I am considering with an appraiser, and in some light and angle conditions, the diamond (which has an E color rating) has more color than it seems...just my untrained eyes, I''m sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results