shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kstrike155

Rough_Rock
Right now I''m looking at this diamond for my girlfriend''s engagement ring:
Diamond 1
1.01 carat, SI1, H, AGS000 ~ $4700

It scored Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg in HCA, with a score of 1.3.

I like the white color of an F diamond, but cannot afford to go much higher than H or G.

Thoughts about this stone? Should I make any sacrifices? I love the sparkle of the Jared Peerless, Hearts-on-Fire, etc. and I''m trying to get as close to that as possible for around $4700.

Thanks!
Brian

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good. Call BN to put it on hold fast before someone snatch it away. And ask them to check if it is eye-clean.

kstrike155

Rough_Rock
I just called them and they said they will put it on hold for 48 hours. Man I love them.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 1:30:34 PM
Author:kstrike155
Right now I''m looking at this diamond for my girlfriend''s engagement ring:
Diamond 1
1.01 carat, SI1, H, AGS000 ~ $4700

It scored Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg in HCA, with a score of 1.3.

I like the white color of an F diamond, but cannot afford to go much higher than H or G.

Thoughts about this stone? Should I make any sacrifices? I love the sparkle of the Jared Peerless, Hearts-on-Fire, etc. and I''m trying to get as close to that as possible for around $4700.

Thanks!
Brian
It looks promising by the numbers, get someone at BN to check carefully that the diamond is eyeclean to your standards.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks great as long as it''s eyeclean to your standards!

kstrike155

Rough_Rock
I contacted Blue Nile again and they sent me an email after checking with their supplier saying that the stone has been confirmed as eye-clean.

Looks like the stone scored even better than I thought, at a 1.2 in HCA. I guess I screwed up the measurements before.
20.gif

Looks like all that''s left is to order it and hope for the best!
2.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Luck. :)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 9:27:11 PM
Author: kstrike155
I contacted Blue Nile again and they sent me an email after checking with their supplier saying that the stone has been confirmed as eye-clean.

Looks like the stone scored even better than I thought, at a 1.2 in HCA. I guess I screwed up the measurements before.
20.gif

Looks like all that''s left is to order it and hope for the best!
2.gif
A lower number on the HCA isn''t better. The HCA is just to eliminate the poorly cut stones. Above 2 is usually suspect.

Looks like you have a nice one.

kstrike155

Rough_Rock
I got the stone today. It''s gorgeous. I ended up getting an additional 3% off by going through FatWallet.com, so the total was around $4560, which I think is an awesome price for this diamond!

I''m so glad I didn''t fall for buying an IGI 1c, gd/gd, G, SI1/2 at Jared''s for $5300.

9.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 2:30:34 PM
Author: kstrike155
I got the stone today. It''s gorgeous. I ended up getting an additional 3% off by going through FatWallet.com, so the total was around $4560, which I think is an awesome price for this diamond!

I''m so glad I didn''t fall for buying an IGI 1c, gd/gd, G, SI1/2 at Jared''s for $5300.

9.gif
9.gif
Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results