shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughs on this 1.51 G VS1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Auz

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I''ve been poring over this forum for a few months now, quite a resource. I eventually decided on a round 1.5 H-F vs2+ and emailed Whiteflash. I preferred expert selection but they said they had nothing matching it in stock. They selected a diamond from their ''virtual list'' and had it brought in for imaging. I''m quite nervous buying something so expensive without seeing it in person.

I was curious what you thought of it?

Weight: 1.51c
Round Brilliant
Depth %: 61.9 (4.56mm)
Table %: 56.1 (4.13mm)
Crown Angle: 34.4
Crown %: 15.1 (1.12mm)
Star : ?
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Pavilion %: 43.4
Lower Girdle %: 82
Girdle: Medium
Measurements: 7.38-7.42X4.56
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint

I cant seem to attach the images (an error occurred) so here are links:

Aset image
Ideal scope image
40x image

I have a few questions also:
- What are those specs on the top left and right of the 40x image? dust? (The report mentions a ''cloud'' right in the middle, which you can (I think) just make out)
- The GIA report mentions the date as nov 2007, is it normal for a diamond to take this long to get to market or has this one been passed over many times?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 12:07:00 AM
Author:Auz
Hello all. I've been poring over this forum for a few months now, quite a resource. I eventually decided on a round 1.5 H-F vs2+ and emailed Whiteflash. I preferred expert selection but they said they had nothing matching it in stock. They selected a diamond from their 'virtual list' and had it brought in for imaging. I'm quite nervous buying something so expensive without seeing it in person.

I was curious what you thought of it?

Weight: 1.51c
Round Brilliant
Depth %: 61.9 (4.56mm)
Table %: 56.1 (4.13mm)
Crown Angle: 34.4
Crown %: 15.1 (1.12mm)
Star : ?
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Pavilion %: 43.4
Lower Girdle %: 82
Girdle: Medium
Measurements: 7.38-7.42X4.56
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint

I cant seem to attach the images (an error occurred) so here are links:

Aset image
Ideal scope image
40x image

I have a few questions also:
- What are those specs on the top left and right of the 40x image? dust? (The report mentions a 'cloud' right in the middle, which you can (I think) just make out)
- The GIA report mentions the date as nov 2007, is it normal for a diamond to take this long to get to market or has this one been passed over many times?
Ditto Garry, looks good.

The report actually isn't old in the scheme of things, no problem there. And that could be dust you are seeing and not something necessarily with the diamond, even so it wouldn't be anything visible to the naked eye with VS1, ask WF if you are unsure to confirm.

Auz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I have decided to purchase this stone. eek!

I only have 10 days to review it. Is it usual to have a diamond like this independently appraised?

thanks very much
-auz

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 12:30:59 AM
Author: Auz
Thanks for the responses. I have decided to purchase this stone. eek!

I only have 10 days to review it. Is it usual to have a diamond like this independently appraised?

thanks very much
-auz
Yes you certainly can have it independantly appraised. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results