shape
carat
color
clarity

Those with or who know about cushion halos, please help!

katlovesjames

Rough_Rock
I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible. My partner and I had a jewellery company custom make my engagement ring for us. I specifically requested a cushion micropave halo setting, sending them an image of Harry Winston's 'The One' as reference (pic #1).

I also sent them an image of a Whiteflash cushion halo setting (pic #2), as I wanted the straight shank of this one instead of the HW design, so that a wedding band could sit flush. The rings were similar but there were obvious differences.

So long story short, we received the ring and it looks like they've made it exactly like the WF design, rather than the HW (pic #3,4). There is a thin bezel surrounding the outside halo, the stones don't look small enough and blend in with the cushion centre stone, which is also level with the halo rather than slightly raised, and basically my ring looks very little like the HW design that I asked for.

The jewellery company have admitted they're at fault and have offered to rework the ring to look like the HW, but I just wanted to ask you all for your advice and opinions on what they will need to do to achieve this. I'm worried if I return the ring and leave it up to them to figure out what needs doing to it, I may be disappointed yet again.

So looking at the HW design and then at the ring they've sent me, could you please suggest what you think would need doing to it. E.g. what setting should be used, the size of the micropave stones in the halo, raising the centre stone, etc. Not sure whether the setting of the stones is different or what it is exactly, but my micropave halo has a border of metal around it, a fine bezel setting? And my stones look bead set rather than u-pave?, but I'm no expert.

Basically if you could tell me how the jeweller could achieve the HW style using the ring I have, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

_1687.jpg

_46.png

photo_144.jpg

photo_145.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
They should be doing V-Cut pave to achieve the Harry Winston look. Or most of the examples here use U-Cut pave. Both will achieve the same look you are going for.

katlovesjames

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your recommendation CharmyPoo.

Would changing the pave setting be the only change you or other PSers would suggest?

emcee

Rough_Rock
The best list of specs that I have seen are for Frankie's halo ring - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/..']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/....[/URL]. It's round and not cushion though, but all the details and specs still apply.

One thing that you should be aware of is that not all jewelers are capable of the same top quality pave, since it is a very difficult style to do well. For one thing, Frankie's ring was hand forged by Victor Canera and it is not cast/CAD. If anything, I would say that her ring is even better quality than the HW. I just wanted to suggest that you should ensure that your jeweler is even capable of making the quality of ring that you are looking for. If in doubt, I suggest that you contact one of the PS recommended vendors like Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch, Leon Mege, or Engagement Rings Direct.

Good luck!

katlovesjames

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that information and the link emcee. Wow that ring sure is a stunner! I'll definitely check with my jeweller to see if he's capable of making the changes. I'm in a small town in Australia so am somewhat limited in choice, but hopefully something can be done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results