shape
carat
color
clarity

Those with eternity rings: full, 3/4 or half

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Are you happy with your choice? If you had to repurchase, would you have selected another option? For example, if you bought a full eternity, would you have rather purchased half or 3/4? Or other way around, if you bought half, would you have gone for a full if you had to repurchase?

I'm looking to buy a u-prong eternity ring but can't decide between the 3. I've tried them on in person and I still like all 3. I love the look of the full but wondering if 3/4 or half will be more convenient for re-sizing in the future.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingers are squishy so rings don't travel and spin on me. So my preference is for 1/2 or 3/4 which makes it easy to re-size.

People with fingers that invite spinning usually prefer full eternity.

It's best to decide what is best for you. Not so much for a bunch of strangers on the net.

Get a nice inexpensive cheap fake 1/2 eternity band from Macys or Nordstroms or Target.. Claires. Make sure to get a good fit.

Wear it for a while and see how your fingers influence it's movement. If you are someone who has spinning issues, then you will know fairly easily.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have full eternity in half size larger than the ring finger. It allows for weight fluctuations and stacking. I would not get half or 3/4 because my rings spin even if they are correctly sized and I don't want to see metal, only stones.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
I much prefer 1/2 as I have a toddler and an active lifestyle and would hate to see a diamond fall out of an eternity!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1/2. I feel it's more comfortable than a full, I don't worry about the stones falling out as much, and I can resize the band if my fingers get fatter :) but that's just my personal preference.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's always a good idea to leave some space for re-sizing. Most people's fingers change size over the years.
I would never waste money on a full eternity because I'm a klutz and would destroy a bunch of stones in no time. All I have to do is look at the bottom of any of my rings to see all the scratches; it doesn't matter what metal, silver, 14k, 18k or platinum.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small stones - definitely full eternity. Big stones definitely half bc they bother me between my fingers.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a full eternity and it was very expensive to get it resized bigger. Plus the wear on the diamonds that face the palm was really rough. I am not a gentle lass and I really abused my beautiful perfect ring and no it is very far from perfect. :sick: :((

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5 stone ( so half, I guess) and most days I LOVE IT, BUT
some days I wish it was a 3/4....
Sooooo... at some point I hope to get a few more stones added.
I want that "look" that the stones go all the way around, with a little space in the back "just in case'

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have 3/4 pave on my e-ring and it's fine. I have half eternity bands and don't care for them. I actually purchased a full eternity to replace the half-eternity that I wore as my wedding band. The half-eternity kept spinning around and it bothered me. I almost wish that I would have gotten pave all the way around on my e-ring too.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a full and love it. Mind you I'm older and my finger size won't change. In 1980 I wore a 7.25. Now after 4 kids and 34 years I wear An 8. Leave room for growth if you go full.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1405390071|3713396 said:
I have a 5 stone ( so half, I guess) and most days I LOVE IT, BUT
some days I wish it was a 3/4....
Sooooo... at some point I hope to get a few more stones added.
I want that "look" that the stones go all the way around, with a little space in the back "just in case'

+1

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3/4 and love it! Would do it again in a minute.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I love my 3/4! It does spin a bit but tbh doesn't bother me. I find it a pleasure to straighten up my rings. :wacko:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3/4 eternity, which I love. I feel like it is the best of all worlds. It very rarely spins all the way to the point where I am seeing metal (I adjust it occasionally throughout the day), I can resize it if I need to, and I don't have to worry about damaging the diamonds on my palm side.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 1/2, 3/4, and full eternities... The 1/2 drove me crazy because it would spin around all the time (although it was my original wband, and I have yet to find a bench that can duplicate the milgrain... so I kept it). The 3/4 band isn't quite as bad, but it still spins and annoys me when I see metal -- I have to readust it about every couple of hours. I love my full eternities for obvious reasons, however, I won't be able to wear the smaller ones (they range from 4.75 to 5.25) if I gain a lot of weight or get pregnant.

It's a trade-off... if I ever get a substantial band with diamonds, it will not be an eternity due to comfort's sake. :))

RayNay111

Rough_Rock
I recently got a full with 15 pointers in the u-prong and I LOVE it. I did get it a quarter size bigger than my finger size, but generally like my rings loose. I find the 15 pointers to be super comfortable and don't cause me any discomfort between my fingers. I tried on larger and smaller sized stones and, for me, .15 was the largest I could go in a full and still feel comfortable.

One thing to note, though, while I love the u prong setting, I am careful with my ring as so much of the stone is exposed.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RayNay111|1405445554|3713725 said:
I recently got a full with 15 pointers in the u-prong and I LOVE it. I did get it a quarter size bigger than my finger size, but generally like my rings loose. I find the 15 pointers to be super comfortable and don't cause me any discomfort between my fingers. I tried on larger and smaller sized stones and, for me, .15 was the largest I could go in a full and still feel comfortable.

One thing to note, though, while I love the u prong setting, I am careful with my ring as so much of the stone is exposed.

On that note, I forgot to mention that all of mine are bezels, so I feel better about the "safety" issue in a full eternity. :))

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a half and I am always wishing it was a full eternity. It does spin some and the edges of the outer stones hit right between my fingers. Scared to invest in a full eternity though and then later need it resized-- the reason I went with a 1/2 eternity in the first place.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer full eternity bands so I can see bling from every angle!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full eternity for me all the way. I don't want to be constantly seeing metal or turning it around to the right position. All I want to see are diamonds all the time.

I have had no problem with my 2 full eternity bands in terms of any damage or anything so from my POV it's a good way to go. I was also afraid of my fingers changing size but so far it's been more than 10 years and I haven't had any issues. But that doesn't mean it won't be an issue in the future or for you. It is worth the risk for me.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have five full eternity bands of various ring sizes and several half eternity ones.
I have gained weight through the years which explains why I have five of them :lol:

To me, the 3/4 seems to be the best of two worlds, almost full coverage with
an area for sizing.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely go 3/4, or a sizing bar. I have full eternities which I bought because no-one else made the style in 3/4 and I just prefer it to the full. I worry I won't be able to get them resized so I bought them bigger. My fingers have gone from 4.5 to 5.25-6 (for stacking bands I tend to go a little bigger) since I got engaged 7 years ago.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ElleElle|1405378550|3713280 said:
I much prefer 1/2 as I have a toddler and an active lifestyle and would hate to see a diamond fall out of an eternity!

I have kids and an "active life style" too - I think that many of us here do. I think that the chances of losing a stone in a full eternity are only as great as the increased number of stones. In other words, a full eternity might be a bit more risky, but a stone can fall out of a half or three-quarter too. I would hate to lose a diamond in any ring (half, 3/4, or full).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results