shape
carat
color
clarity

Those with 2 little ones (under age of 3): what''s it really like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
So quite a few toddler mommies are expecting (congratulations!!), and it''s got me thinking. DH and I need to make a decision probably within a year if we would like a # 2. Our age is the reason we have to make the decision in that time. I think this would allow for about 2.5-3 years between children. I was able to envision having one child (and how to make it work with our current lifestyle), but having a harder time imagining it with 2. It seems like it''d be a much more drastic effect (on finances, being able to keep working, and time as a couple). DH on one hand says he would be an old dad for #2, and means the rest of his life would essentially be raising kids, but on the other hand says he will probably base his ultimate decision/opinion for our daughter, and would not want her to be alone (aww). So still alot to think about, but I''d like to hear from moms who have already done it. What''s it really like? I know no one says they have regrets, but what are the challenges? Surprises? Would you do anything different?

Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 3.5 year old and a seven month old, and I love it! It took some time though to get used to about three months because I was also a working mother and went back when my second was 7 weeks old. We spaced ours out when my first DD was a little over 2 years old because then she was a little more independent and almost out of diapers, but when I was in the middle of Potty Traing and 5 months pregnant, it was a doosie- I was so sick that I would dry heave and hurled more than a few times, Diaper duties was a very big challenge for me during the pregnancy with the second one until my DD was potty trained then it was having to help my first DD up to go potty since the arm to butte porportion is still a wee bit off. Anyhow, it was sure exhausting working full time too, so it's not an easy balance to be a full time working mother with a toddler. I got about four months of diaper relief until my second one was born. During the interim between the first DD after Potty Training, and the Second one, I did save a little on diapers, but then it went all to gas, as the crazy gas prices were sky rocketing last year if you recall. My DD was on expensive Soy formula too, daycare was obviously an increase. I was able to work it out with my employer to help offset my cost a little by working from home one to two days a week. Once you get into a routine, its amazing what you can get done, I get my DDs all ready in the morning by myself, since DD works so early. It helps that my 3.5 knows how to brush her own teeth (use the automatic spinbrush- works amazing!) and get dressed herself. So I think having them spaced out where the first is almost independent, but still close in age really helps the budget and your sanity out. My SIL had her kids 15 months apart and I can see some of her challenges where I was grateful that I didn't have those. My 3.5 is also so helpful now, she gets me whatever I need to help her little sister out as long as I place items in area for her to be able to reach them and she loves that she's "mommy's little helper"

Whatever you decide, I think you'll do fantastic!

ETA: Also my DH is so good with my toddler especially when we're out, he helps her and keeps an eye out for her and I take care of my seven month old. The couple thing is more of a challenge for us since we don't have any family around to help out at all. So whenever we do have family we take advantage of them
9.gif
and we have a date day or date night without the kids, and its extra special for us.

ETAA: We have a daddy and me day or mommy and me day for each of the kids we just started that a few months ago, so that we can each spend quality one on one time with each of them. My DH will take my toddler out for ice scream or a movie at least once a month we try to every couple of weeks.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I can''t speak from personal experience, but having watched my sister with her two - 4.5 (girl) and 2.5 (boy) with birthdays a day apart - it''s certainly a reason why DH and I will either just have Daisy or, if we were to have another it won''t be for the next 5 years so that one is more grown-up and at school before the next one arrives.

It is impossible to have a proper conversation on the phone with my sister because there is complete chaos and screaming going on in the background from them trying to kill each other.

I don''t think she really gets the chance to spend real quality time with her daughter who is now at the age where you can really interact on a more adultish level. Instead she''s permanently exhausted from stopping one or other injuring thermselves, the other or the cat.

Having two close together doesn''t mean that they will be friends - my sister and I are chalk and cheese and never got on, whereas I got on very well with my 5 years younger brother.

I can see the point about not being older parents, but honestly I don''t think it makes that much difference - you''re paying for kids FOREVER these days, so it''s not like you are suddenly free! There''s 14 years between me and my youngest sister - which is a little excessive, but 5 years or so isn''t a bad gap.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly it sounds like a nightmare to me, but then I see picture''s of Curlygirl''s two kids and think, wow...that seems like it would be wonderful!

Plus my brother and I are 15 months apart and I love having a sibling so close in age.

We''ve got to make a similar decision, so I''ll be reading this thread with much interest!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
One thing to keep in mind -- with the first you are learning and doing everything for the first time. With the second child you already know the basics. You don''t have to freak out with the first fever or rash. You don''t question yourself about decisions. The actual day you start solid foods isn''t crucial. You can accept hand-me-downs and realize they will only be used for a short time so the tiny stain can be ignored. Sure there are times when your personal life is put on hold but you do get your life back in a few years--kids go to school!

3 years between kids is good if you are a working mom. 3 year olds are getting independent and are close to starting pre-school. And 3 years apart isn''t too bad for college expenses either. Newborn and toddler (2 years apart) is probably more challenging at the beginning. Both in diapers. Neither talking. But they''ll be more in tune with doing things together, playing, napping, etc. If I had mine that close I would have enlisted the help of a "mother''s-helper", a teen girl to come over and help while I was home, mostly to occupy the older child.

The personality of the kids is something you can''t plan for and sometimes we get stuck with opposites! One kid is high energy and won''t nap and one is real calm and sleeps for hours. Or one is very mature and likes older-age activities and the other acts much younger. So there is more than just age. Sex and personality shake it up, too.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I only have one, but my mom has four kids. My brother and I are a year and a half apart. She says that the second child is only 20 percent more work than the first. The worst part is having two in diapers, and the best part is a built in play-mate. She didn''t have a lot of time to just be with me because of so much chaos. My next youngest sister is 6 years younger than me and my mom said that was the easiest because she was able to sit and coddle the baby like she did with the first child. The next sister is 4 years younger than that one and although my mom was able to sit and play with her quite a bit, the 4 year old still took up a lot of her time.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Admittedly my perspective is a little different due to the fact I had twins...so I didn't have a choice.

That being said, we are contemplating a 3rd fairly soon (I'm waaaay past the "magic" age of 32
3.gif
)...

I wouldn't have it any other way. I think swingirl made some excellent points. By necessity, we already with our firsts, cannot stress over every little thing. Yes, my babies sometimes go too long without a bath. They have oatmeal in their hair. They get bumps and bruises pulling up on things because I'm changing or otherwise occupied with the other.

The plus side is that we have fiercely happy, independent little ones who are learning how to find us if they need us, but, more importantly, learning some pretty critical coping skills. They don't actually interact with each other much, but seem to have a special knowledge of each other and an understanding that it's not all about them (it's just 99% about them
9.gif
).

They are happy, and they are very well behaved. They are learning to negotiate with each other and are already "picking their battles" (it's rather fascinating.) There is a give-and-take that is just awesome...but when they need mama, they really need mama. The cool thing is that when one needs me, the other is, 99% of the time, really quiet and looks at me as if to say, "It's ok. Take care of my brother, please."

I do believe that is partly due to nurturing, because, again, we had no choice. I am not an octopus and cannot change two babies at once, or hold two at the same time. I gave myself permission to get to each baby as soon as I could, not punish myself for not being there immediately all of the time.

I think a third would be great...hopefully we would have another who would be as excellent.

The best thing, in my opinion, is that there are plenty of hugs and goopy kisses for everyone!

Off to read the "pregnancy freaks me out" thread.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
LOL, funny this thread popped up today!

My brother and I were on 3 way on the phone with my dad for father''s day (he loves having as many kids on the phone at once as possible, lol) My dad asked about a family friend who already has 2 DD''s, and mentioned that he hoped that they weren''t having a 3rd anytime soon (they are doctors starting their residency!) At any rate, I said to him that I heard that the transition from 1 to 2 was supposed to be the hardest, but a 3rd was easier. He said that the spacing made it easier (my brother and I are 15 mos apart, then my sister was 4 years after me), but 3 small children was NEVER easy. He did sound most stressed about the transition from 1 to 2 though, and was telling silly stories about us as kids
1.gif

I am very close with both my siblings, regardless of age. I talk to one of them just about everyday. I also could not imagine my life without any siblings... we have such funny stories together, and they really are two of my closest friends!
30.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
janine, you know my situation! My girls are 17 months apart, not by design but these things happen!!! Would I change a thing? Absolutely not. While it's certainly a huge challenge to have an infant and a toddler, it's not impossible. In my case, it was definitely tough to come to grips with the fact that I was pregnant for the 2nd time when my baby was still a baby and nobody had anything positive to tell me about having 2 under 2. So I guess I expected the absolute worst and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Regardless of age difference, going from 1 to 2 is HARD!!!! Now nearly 9 months after having my second child, I look back and say that it was definitely tough at times (and still is) but I'm really thrilled that I'm done with the babymaking and don't have to stress out about doing it ever again! Time is not on my side either so that definitely contributes to the fact that I know I'm blessed and lucky to have been able to get pregnant so easily the 2nd time and I now have 2 healthy, fabulous daughters who will never know what it was like to be an only child.

I have to agree with swingirl. The first pregnancy and first child are so overwhelming and exciting in every way only because you've never experienced any of it before. Every little thing is like a major deal! With the 2nd, you just don't feel the same way. I hate to use the "been there, done that" cliche, but it's true. So I think that it's natural for most people to treat their 2nd (and consecutive) pregnancies and children in a much more laid back manner. Again, like swingirl said, I was so nonchalant the 2nd time around about solid foods, a low grade fever, a bump on the head, etc. I'm fortunate (sometimes!) that my older one is a big communicator and has always been verbal so we get a lot accomplished with her without trying too hard. And I'm also lucky that my younger one is mellow which may also be by virtue of being born second. I think it's just natural that you're going to "ignore" the baby who just sits around and does nothing while you focus on the older one who is walking and talking. My little one was sitting up and holding her own bottle by 4.5-5 months! She started crawling at 6.5 months. They just learn to be more self-sufficient and it takes a lot of the burden off of you as a parent pulled in 2 directions.

The diaper thing doesn't bother me that much as it just seems easier to change 2 diapers. It's not like they have synchronized poops or anything so it's not such a hardship to change them!! It's definitely more expensive but I'm finding it tougher now that my older one is kind of starting to potty train but not really. She doesn't even want to wear a diaper anymore but I would prefer it if she did!!!

And for me, I guess I'm super lucky because I'm not cut out to be a SAHM so I have them both in daycare which is insanely expensive but it frees me up to go to work and do my own thing and have an identity aside from being with them around the clock. It actually makes me appreciate them more and I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything because they are doing such great stuff at daycare without me! I think my feelings will change as they get older and go to real school--I'm guessing I will want to be home for them when they get home but I have a few more years before I have to really think about that.

TGal, thanks so much for the sweet comment!! Honestly, those photos that you see of them are how they are together about 90% of the time. Even though they are both still super young, they seem to enjoy being around each other and interact in really adorable ways that often bring tears to my eyes. I love seeing them together and I will force them to be best friends whether they like it or not!! I love that they will never remember a time when they didn't have each other.

So I know this doesn't give any answers to the questions since it's obviously a really personal decision but I don't see anything wrong with a 2-3 year age difference. My own sister and I are 26 months apart and according to my mother, it was the perfect spread because my sister was old enough to help out with me and since I was the 2nd child, I was naturally easier and more mellow anyway so it worked out well! Whatever you choose will be right for you and your family. Just don't overthink it too much...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am curious how old your DH is, if you don''t mind me asking?

We are 46 and 45 and we have two 5 and 3.5. You might have seen my thread asking for advice on discipline.

We got married late and I honestly only ever expected to have one. I figured I would have trouble conceiving, since everything I read told me that I would. Well, when DD was 11 months old, we had just moved, and Christmas was over, we asked each other if we wanted to try for #2. Our logic was, given our age, that we wanted our DD#1 to ''have someone'' when she got older and we were no longer around. I conceived almost immediately. They are 20 months apart to the day. Until now, it has been pretty easy. Due to having a Csection with #2, I had help when DD#2 was little. We had it full time 40 hours (for a while) and then eased back on the hours once I had recovered. I nursed both girls until about 15 months and never had either of them taking a bottle. So I was pretty much here, every two hours for a long time, until they would take other stuff besides breast milk. The girls get along great and I think it is due to the fact that they are just close enough in age to still have the same interests. They do have fights now and then, but generally, they love each other. I would say the hardest period is now because #2 is testing me at every chance she gets. But so far, we are not sorry she came along. It does seriously limit our ability to travel but we just figure when the girls get older, we will travel more. We can''t really afford it now anyway. Costwise, I don''t think that #2 really added THAT much. Our health insurance is the same, food doesn''t really cost that much more, we don''t buy many toys and she can wear hand me downs. Preschool tuition is pricey. I am going to have to buy a new car soon to accommodate extra people, which I guess I wouldn''t have to do if we only had one. I am glad they are close in age. I am now done with diapers finally. Yeah! We want to take some more trips and I think it will be easier with them close in age. They are just little buddies.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My girls are 20 months apart. they are 7 and 5 now. It was actually pretty easy in the beginning when you have a newborn who is sleeping all the time. The hardest part for me was probably when one was 3 and the other was 1. having to watch a 1 year old like a hawk and having a pesky 3 year old was challenging and stressful and I relied a lot on help from family. I couldn''t take them to the pool by myself for example. but, you learn how to juggle and my girls have always been great playmates. I would have actually even had my 3rd sooner than the 4 year gap if hubby would have been on board at the time.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.

Allison, thanks for sharing. It sounds like a lot, especially with the exclusive bf'ing! Did you work at all at any point? I think I might have to stop work if we had 2 little ones, mostly because the expenses of daycare become so high among other reasons. My DH is approaching 44 and if we wait another year or so, he could be 46 by the time #2 came along. I would turn 39 (let's say 38 while preg..this is all assuming this is all timeable--a big IF as we all know :)). So simliar to your ages more or less I guess? It sounds old, but I have one friend who is having # 1 at 41 and one of DH's friends is 47 and having #1 (much younger wife, and they had a difficult time conceiving), so at least we have other examples within our age group.

Honestly the idea of my daughter having a little buddy is heartwarming and I love how Curly said her daugheters will never know what life is like without the other. So it's all pros for the child for sure (unless they can't stand each other, yikes!). But I do know we'd really be testing our limits, physically and financially. We'd make it work, I'm sure--but I want to make sure we're doing it for the right reasons, and also be somewhat comfortable that we wouldn't be sacrificing ourselves completely in the process, you know? Well I still have a year to make a decision, and of coruse I do know this is assuming nature is in my corner and it'd happen easily as it did for #1.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Life with two kids who are 22 months apart is insane! I barely remember anything beyond nursing my newborn and my older son watching too much Bob the Builder. It was difficult to spend enough time with each child since both required a substantial amount of care, however, because of that, neither was overindulged to the point that he felt he was the center of the world. They learned they would have to share that world together.

My sons, now almost 7 and 8 get along good at times and are best friends. Other times they bicker over silly things like who gets to keep the one lone catepiller they found in the shrub and that drives me nuts. Just leave the poor catepiller alone!

Good thing is they will always have each other AND they can play with each others friends. We invite two kids over and they''ll all be busy for hours.

Even though I know it would have been easier to have the boys 10 years apart, I wouldn''t take away the bond they developed for anything!

I could post so many things, but my hair is wet and I need to blow dry it! lol One great part about having kids close in age is that they''re both learning similar stuff in school and it''s wonderful being able to teach them both at the same time. My younger son reads at a higher reading level than many other kids in his class! His math scores are also higher.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 6:49:37 PM
Author: MC
Life with two kids who are 22 months apart is insane! I barely remember anything beyond nursing my newborn and my older son watching too much Bob the Builder. It was difficult to spend enough time with each child since both required a substantial amount of care, however, because of that, neither was overindulged to the point that he felt he was the center of the world. They learned they would have to share that world together.

My sons, now almost 7 and 8 get along good at times and are best friends. Other times they bicker over silly things like who gets to keep the one lone catepiller they found in the shrub and that drives me nuts. Just leave the poor catepiller alone!

Good thing is they will always have each other AND they can play with each others friends. We invite two kids over and they''ll all be busy for hours.

Even though I know it would have been easier to have the boys 10 years apart, I wouldn''t take away the bond they developed for anything!

I could post so many things, but my hair is wet and I need to blow dry it! lol One great part about having kids close in age is that they''re both learning similar stuff in school and it''s wonderful being able to teach them both at the same time. My younger son reads at a higher reading level than many other kids in his class! His math scores are also higher.
LOL I just have to inject that having 2 boys 11 years apart, they still bicker!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
all of my 3 kids are all 4 yrs apart and it has been great. My best friend has 4 children that were all 15mo-18mo apart. She has been pulling her hair out for the last 6 yrs.

All of my friends that have 2 kids under 2yr old have said it''s very hard BUT when they are older it''s great.

We had hoped for 3 yrs difference btwn the kids but you can WANT and PLAN but ultimately you don''t have control over it.

As for going from one child to 2 children, I found it easy. When #3 came alone it was seamless

GL

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
My kids are 18 months apart almost to the day and yes the first year was tough going and I used to wonder what I had been thinking having them so close together. Not so much because they were both in nappies but because I felt exhausted and overwhelmed trying to take care of a baby and a toddler. It didn''t help that my son was very late walker, so for the first 3 months of my daughter''s life I had two kids under two who didn''t walk.

I remember feeling desperately guilty when my daughter was an infant because I wasn''t spending my days gazing in wonder at her as I had done with my son, until one day when I the chance to spend some one on one time with her I realized that she was actually happier when left to her own devices.

Now that my kids are 3 & 4 things are much easier, which is a good thing as my husband now works away from home for two thirds of each month. The built in playmate thing really goes in my favour as they are able to amuse each other. They do fight on occasion, but the co-operative play far outweighs this - at the moment at least.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we have twins so there wasn''t much of a choice, lol. If you would have asked me what''s it like to have two kids under three last year, my answer would have been: It''s CRAZY. Now that Kate and Gray are 1, it''s still kind of hectic, but our days are structured pretty well. The hardest thing for me, personally, is having a SO with a demanding job. Nate''s job is demanding on his time. Thankfully, I have help (like part-time) that lessens the burden of him not being here. Like, as I type this, he''s in NYC at the hospital. He doesn''t stay at the hospital very often, but when he does, it''s always means a hard night for me. He is the bath giver. :)

The age thing for us is not necessarily a big deal. I''m 24 and Nate is 32. Now, when I think about my dad and stepmom, it''s another story. My stepmom gave birth to my sister last September. My dad is going to be 70 when Teagan graduates high school (he''s 52). And he''s going to be in his 60''s when Logan and Will graduate. My dad is a pretty healthy guy and people do tend to live long in my family, but I kind of hope Teagan is the last one.

Our twins have different personalities. Kate is very independent and Gray is the total opposite. Nate seems to think I made Gray dependent upon me, but I think it''s just him. When they were infants, he required a lot more attention and he had quite a few problems.

I know for a fact that I want another kid. However, we''ve pretty much decided that the next one is going to be adopted. The only thing we can''t really agree on is the age range. I don''t think that we need an infant and Nate does.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I've done it more than once. My first 2 were 2 years and 5 months apart (by choice, we planned it that way). It was hard having 2 in diapers since my oldest was really stubborn! But we had him out of diapers before the new baby was 6 months old.

My 3rd and 4th child are only a year apart. And that was a total shock and surprize! When I had my 4th child I had a 7 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old! That was really really hard for awhile becuase my 3rd was a late walker. It felt almost like having twins since I had 2 babies. But once we got past the first tough year for my 4th, my youngest 2 are the best of buddies now. They adore each other and are so sweet together. I feel like my 4th child was a gift because she was not planned or expected but I can't imagine my life without her.

edited to add that with the 3rd and 4th being a year apart, I thought I was going to lose my mind some days! And often it was not the youngest that was the challenge as much as taking care of the youngest, and my older 2 who were in kindergarden and 2nd grade at the time and having to take the younger babies to school events, soccer games etc because I had no family support. It was pretty much me and the kids siince my husband worked ALL the time.

I look back now when they were born and wonder how I survived it! The first year is kind of a blur for me.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
wow some of you ladies (and penn!) are amazing..what with multiple children just a few years apart and/or twins! I think it sounds like the general consensus is everyone loves having more than one child close in age, although the first year is a bit of a killer! I never thought of 2 in diapers or one potty training being an issue..good points. And I do spend significant amounts of time now with #1 gazing and just being at her beck and call and catching every dropped paci, puff, drool drop. So I guess all of that would change (and not be happening for #2 if there was one)! I think I do want it, but still want to give it a year of thought.Because I started out defnitely only wanting one, so need to make sure this is for the right reasons and not #2 envy (hehe). And this is all assuming of course that time is still in my favor because if we did have another, I'd reallly like to have them 3 years apart if possible.

thanks all for sharing (and Penn, I had no idea you were so young!! your kids sound like they are doing great meanwhile..even with Nate being so busy..)

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add that Tgal''s comment in the hysterical moments in pregnancy thread about her experiences during labour and it''s aftermath highlighting to her that she and her husband were partners really resonates with me in relation to my experience with 2 small children. During that first year of two under two I felt like my husband and I were fellow warriors. He was away during the day, but at night he was there helping bath, feed and put them to bed and he also got up to them (for non-feeding related issues) as much as I did and he was always appreciative of how challenging my days were. He was and still is my biggest support and I don''t think I would have gotten through that first year as happily if we hadn''t been in it together.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:00:46 AM
Author: softly softly
Just wanted to add that Tgal''s comment in the hysterical moments in pregnancy thread about her experiences during labour and it''s aftermath highlighting to her that she and her husband were partners really resonates with me in relation to my experience with 2 small children. During that first year of two under two I felt like my husband and I were fellow warriors. He was away during the day, but at night he was there helping bath, feed and put them to bed and he also got up to them (for non-feeding related issues) as much as I did and he was always appreciative of how challenging my days were. He was and still is my biggest support and I don''t think I would have gotten through that first year as happily if we hadn''t been in it together.
BIG DITTO!!! I would be lost without DH. He is an incredibly hands-on father and if you have 2 close in age, you really need that kind of support from your spouse.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I found strange about having kids close together was some of the comments I got, both when I was pregnant with number 2 and just after she was born. The owner of a cafe my husband and I frequented actually went so far as to suggest to my husband that he might need ''to leave your wife alone for awhile now''
23.gif
. For the past year my kids have been the same size despite their age difference and I am always being asked if they are twins, which is fine and completely understandable. What is less understanable is the person who when I told her they are not twins asked me if I was sure.
37.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:06:00 AM
Author: curlygirl
Date: 6/23/2009 10:00:46 AM

BIG DITTO!!! I would be lost without DH. He is an incredibly hands-on father and if you have 2 close in age, you really need that kind of support from your spouse.

Thritto. We also have twins so it wasn''t by choice having 2 under 1-but I think it''s wonderful. I also think it would be very very difficult if I didn''t have a supportive and helpful husband.

But really-I babysat for single infants for years and now that I have two it isn''t twice the work. It''s more work for sure-but not nearly twice IMO.

You''ll be busy for sure but with a supportive husband and the understanding that sometimes you NEED to take time for yourself-you''ll be just fine if you go for #2.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:39:23 AM
For the past year my kids have been the same size despite their age difference and I am always being asked if they are twins, which is fine and completely understandable. What is less understanable is the person who when I told her they are not twins asked me if I was sure.
37.gif
People always ask if my sons are twins too, but unlike yours, mine are not the same size. . .my older son is at least 8" taller with brown hair, olive skin, and brown eyes. My younger son has blonde hair, creamy skin, and green eyes. My older son is lean and younger is solid build. They look NOTHING alike.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 8:38:27 AM
Author: janinegirly
wow some of you ladies (and penn!) are amazing..what with multiple children just a few years apart and/or twins! I think it sounds like the general consensus is everyone loves having more than one child close in age, although the first year is a bit of a killer! I never thought of 2 in diapers or one potty training being an issue..good points. And I do spend significant amounts of time now with #1 gazing and just being at her beck and call and catching every dropped paci, puff, drool drop. So I guess all of that would change (and not be happening for #2 if there was one)! I think I do want it, but still want to give it a year of thought.Because I started out defnitely only wanting one, so need to make sure this is for the right reasons and not #2 envy (hehe). And this is all assuming of course that time is still in my favor because if we did have another, I''d reallly like to have them 3 years apart if possible.

thanks all for sharing (and Penn, I had no idea you were so young!! your kids sound like they are doing great meanwhile..even with Nate being so busy..)
Yeah, people always think I''m the manny.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 1:28:30 PM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 6/23/2009 8:38:27 AM
Author: janinegirly
wow some of you ladies (and penn!) are amazing..what with multiple children just a few years apart and/or twins! I think it sounds like the general consensus is everyone loves having more than one child close in age, although the first year is a bit of a killer! I never thought of 2 in diapers or one potty training being an issue..good points. And I do spend significant amounts of time now with #1 gazing and just being at her beck and call and catching every dropped paci, puff, drool drop. So I guess all of that would change (and not be happening for #2 if there was one)! I think I do want it, but still want to give it a year of thought.Because I started out defnitely only wanting one, so need to make sure this is for the right reasons and not #2 envy (hehe). And this is all assuming of course that time is still in my favor because if we did have another, I'd reallly like to have them 3 years apart if possible.

Yeah, people always think I'm the manny.
hahaha - "manny"

This is unrelated, but I just wanted to add that for some weird reason reason, my younger son speaks with a british accent (event though he was born here in Seattle). People have even commented on it! Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm his nanny since I have the standard flat sounding american accent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results