shape
carat
color
clarity

Those of you who have been or are in a long distance relationship

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
LabRat,

That second year does sound like high stress. Not only did you move, but you both had very new environments to deal with. I am glad in the end you worked it out, and am one who is waiting to see that beautiful ring (hopefully soon).

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 6:10:06 PM
Author: KimberlyH
We were long distance for about a year, we met while living in different cities and had never lived in the same place.

We talked daily, sent care packages, had phone dates (watched a silly TV show together on the phone), sent email, etc.

We saw each other once every month-six weeks.

Be honest with each other, don''t stop spending time with friends, take advantage of the U.S. Postal Service (send cards and such).

We''re married now, so it worked for us, it just took patience, honesty, and understanding.
Ah yes, we did these too! They were great--made me feel like we were more of a ''normal'' couple sometimes.
1.gif

BubbleBear

Rough_Rock
I''ve been a lurker for quite some time, but I really wanted to come out of the woodwork and thank the OP for posting this! I''ve recently (about 3 months ago) become involved in a long distance relationship and it is soooo hard and trying!! I''ve definitely had my issues with the whole "can this really work?" thing and had my doubts. But it''s refreshing to see how many people have gone through the same situation and made it to the other side, successfully! I got some great tips on how to cope! This place (PS) is pretty awesome!!!
36.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 11:44:05 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 3/2/2009 6:10:06 PM

Author: KimberlyH

We were long distance for about a year, we met while living in different cities and had never lived in the same place.

We talked daily, sent care packages, had phone dates (watched a silly TV show together on the phone), sent email, etc.

We saw each other once every month-six weeks.

Be honest with each other, don't stop spending time with friends, take advantage of the U.S. Postal Service (send cards and such).

We're married now, so it worked for us, it just took patience, honesty, and understanding.

Ah yes, we did these too! They were great--made me feel like we were more of a 'normal' couple sometimes.
1.gif

We always watched Wheel of Fortune together. It was fun to try to solve the puzzle first!

We still watch it together unless he has class
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
BubbleBear: Welcome! I hope you post more. I wasn''t expecting this many people to reply either, it is amazing how many people have been though this situation. I hope that everything is going ok for you in your relationship.

blackpolkdot: That sounds like fun, except I can''t spell :(. Maybe jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results