Thistle Color For Spinel

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What do you think???

pink spinel.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I like the color. Some others may say not saturated enough. My concern would be windowing. That can be a problem with asscher or step cuts in a low RI stone.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1311126942|2972643 said:
I like the color. Some others may say not saturated enough. My concern would be windowing. That can be a problem with asscher or step cuts in a low RI stone.

Thanks Uppy! I am a bit concerned about the windowing in person as well.

I like the color as I really was on the hunt for a thistle or pale heliotrope color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know who the seller is, but I don't see any inclusions at all, and I'm suspect it's a synthetic. They make synthetic spinel in every color these days.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have recently bought a stone of a similar color which looks much better in real life... But after TL's comment, I am sending all stones which I am serious about and which have no certificate to AGL.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
crasru|1311141572|2972776 said:
I have recently bought a stone of a similar color which looks much better in real life... But after TL's comment, I am sending all stones which I am serious about and which have no certificate to AGL.
This one comes from a vendor which several people here on PS had used often when I first joined in 2002, and is still I believe a trusted vendor. I don't send them off but have them locally appraised.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the vendor is Gemcal. Hemi will stand behind his gems and make it right, if it is synthetic.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemcal appears reputable, and I recently bought a very nice stone from him. Which BTW looks much better in real life than in his picture. That is why I responded with my post; just to say that my experience was positive; the cut of the stone is very good... As to the color, Hemi describes it as "victorian"; god knows what he means by it but the color is insane... One of the situations when I do not care about modifiers; I just like the color.

But certificates are another thing. I have obtained certificates for all of my more or less expensive stones, stones from Eric, and Tan, and Jeff White are all certified. If I decide to sell a stone later, it is easier to sell with a certificate.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hemi's a good guy even though I haven't purchased from him. Again, it's up to you to get it checked out. Yes, here comes the old cliche: trust but verify.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's another vote for Hemi. He tells it like it is.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like a pretty stone, and if you like the particular color in an Asscher, it might be hard to find again.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1311163307|2972846 said:
Hemi's a good guy even though I haven't purchased from him. Again, it's up to you to get it checked out. Yes, here comes the old cliche: trust but verify.
Yup I like Reagen too!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Harriet|1311170134|2972909 said:
Here's another vote for Hemi. He tells it like it is.
Thanks Miss Harriet, I know your knowledge of both colored stones and their vendors is pretty darn hard to beat!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yea! It is here, lovely and according to my local appraiser, of natural origin and untreated! :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! Pictures?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yes, pictures please! It's a very intriguing color!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pictures are a bit tough for me, I live in a place with 0 direct sunlight and as I like blue, gray, and blue gray they have some interesting tones reflected.

In its little plastic package.

thistle_spinel_unset_01.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On the window sill, west facing in the morning.

thistle_spinel_unset_02.jpg

thistle_spinel_unset_03.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And of course on my hand for size reference:

thistle_spinel_unset_04.jpg

thistle_spinel_unset_05.jpg

thistle_spinel_unset_06.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is a beautiful color! Very unusual.
I bet it will look stunning when set...

Yours and mine spinels... they have some modifiers that are generally considered unwelcome (grey in yours, orange in mine) but these very modifiers make these stones so attractive. Colors that you'd fall for in clothes, cars, furniture or stones...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's a very beautiful and elegant stone.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
crasru|1311724022|2977472 said:
Oh it is a beautiful color! Very unusual.
I bet it will look stunning when set...

Yours and mine spinels... they have some modifiers that are generally considered unwelcome (grey in yours, orange in mine) but these very modifiers make these stones so attractive. Colors that you'd fall for in clothes, cars, furniture or stones...
It has already been sent off, should be back end of August or early September.

I think both of our stones are great! We just lucky to snatch them up when we did!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1311727640|2977545 said:
That's a very beautiful and elegant stone.
Thank you PG, I am hoping the setting comes out in a way to really compliment it!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so pretty on your hand with diamonds!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite a pretty color! Who is setting it for you? How are you setting it?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
crasru|1311738918|2977698 said:
It looks so pretty on your hand with diamonds!
Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results