carat
color
clarity

This...

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1393120278|3620888 said:
*** how does the [maw-sit-sit] look, does it glow or does it look flat like malachite? How opaque is opaque? what are the criteria for judging? Glancing from the photos I see hardly a difference between the coach house beads and the multicolour, except for the $64,400.
The $590, Multicolour strand
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-963519104
consists of somewhat varied lighter green, 9 mm beads that aren't well matched in terms of their mottling/speckling, which is also clumpy. The beads in the Coach House bracelet are ~24 mm and a richer green; their speckling-mottling is of finer grain, and the beads are well matched in all respects other than exact same size.

So far as I know, maw-sit-sit is opaque and never has a glow. That isn't a deal breaker for me, I like malachite quite a lot... and turned aside the fine examples of maw-sit-sit offered me several years ago as a present, if I wanted one or more of them. Although I can appreciate why others enjoy good maw-sit-sit-, it's not something my heart covets & I don't know whether the Coach House price tag is an accurate barometer of current market value of that bracelet.

ETA: Oops, I see I've been typing bracelet, but the Coach House item is a necklace; my apologies.

P.S. Love the idea of you wearing the Hutton jade necklace with an Uzi, but wouldn't you have to add beads to make it long enough to work as a gun sling? Oh wait, maybe that's why you are asking about maw-sit-sit and chrysoprase beads ;))

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: ....sigh.... I don't even have words.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results