shape
carat
color
clarity

This sucker just made me broke! Happily broke that is...=)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Quincy

Rough_Rock

I went crazy and bought a rock that I''ve had on hold for the past 2 months. It was only yesterday that I finalized everything hoping that there would be better stones out there. It turns out anything better, I''ll be broke. =P

Thanks for GIRAUX (Giraux.com) at the Jewelry Market in San Francisco. They had great selections and customer service! Other than DERCO, I would highly recommend GIRAUX. (Pronounces Gee-Row)

Here are the specs:

GIA CERT. and a SARIN REPORT was added to it

Round Brilliant Ideal Cut
1.617 Carat
Meas: 7.62 - 7.65 x 4.63 mm
Total Depth 60.5%
Crown Angle 35.0
Crown Height 15.3%
Pavil Angle 40.7
Pavil Depth 42.9%
Culet 0.4%
Table Size 56.1%
Girdle Thickness 1.5% Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS1 (should be VVS1 or VVS2 but I guess they had a hard group of GIA graders; There is only 3 feathers less than 0.5 mm long on the OUTER OUTER edge of the diamond table, the center is absolutley flawless)
Color: F
Fluorescence: None
Holloway Cut Advisor: 1.1
https://www.pricescope.com/images/HCA/t56.jpg
Here are the pics...I was trying to be a pro photographer but it turns out that it''s the best I can take.
dsc011647vd.jpg

dsc011655eu.jpg

dsc011708yb.jpg

It''s in a temporary setting for now. Giraux us to go back within 3 months to get a permanent setting. You can already see my oily fingers on the platinum setting.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone... you''ll have to update us w/the proposal!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! It''s beautiful!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats! Please remember to post some hand shots after the proposal!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
She''ll die of excitement! Congrats on a great purchase!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful and I like the temp setting too! Congratulations, more pictures!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful. She''ll love it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great idea to do the temp setting so she can have a hand in the decision - but I must say that is a really nice temp setting! And the stone is lovely! Try taking some pics without the flash...those diamonds just sparkle too much with it on!!!! Good luck with your proposal!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beauty- she''ll love it.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful stone and a GREAT size!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Good luck with the proposal.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
DROOLING!!!!

That is one SPECTACULAR engagement ring. WOW!!!! She''s going to love it- Best Wishes! Let us know how it goes and come back with handshots please.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful stone. I love it. Congrats on a great find, and good luck on your proposal.

shay

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
The ring appears to be well worth eating Ramen Noodles for the next few months.
10.gif
Congrats!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Wow!! That ring is gorgeous!! Very classic!!
30.gif
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a very beautiful ring ~

Going broke is not pleasant; however, I would much rather spend my dollars on diamonds than any other thing I can think of. Some of my friends can''t understand that I would rather have that than the newest bag, outfit, shoes, etc. The diamonds last - the clothes and shoes are in the ragbag in a couple of years!

Congrats!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fab diamond and great pic, I love the way the flash hits the prong tips and adds some extra sparkles, as if that puppy needs it!
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
WOW! It looks like it was worth every penny!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Drool....I love it!!! I want one just like it. No problem with the temp setting- I like that too. What a beautiful ring! It is so classy
and elegant. Your girlfriend is a lucky girl
emteeth.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2005 7:47:37 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
Looks like a very beautiful ring ~

Going broke is not pleasant; however, I would much rather spend my dollars on diamonds than any other thing I can think of. Some of my friends can''t understand that I would rather have that than the newest bag, outfit, shoes, etc. The diamonds last - the clothes and shoes are in the ragbag in a couple of years!

Congrats!
Besides, clothes and shoes don''t sparkle like diamonds!
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Quincy, have you proposed yet? Can we have an update?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2005 12:15:47 AM
Author: gailrmv
Quincy, have you proposed yet? Can we have an update?
Yes, please, give us an update!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! She is going to LOVE it!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
QUINCY!!! You sly guy, you! I can''t believe you''re here on PS! I''m sure you know who this is
2.gif
I was running through the new posts and saw your screenname, was curious if it could be you...only to find that you ARE the one and only Quincy I know! I haven''t heard any good news...have you proposed yet?

Gorgeous, gorgeous diamond! Giraux IS fabulous isn''t it? I can''t believe we haven''t discussed diamonds, I had no idea you were such the aficionado. We need to have coffee again! Congratulations Q!!!!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
BTW Q, I just re-read your thread name and had to laugh. You''re such a joker! I can''t imagine you being broke at ALL...maybe if you were to buy another 10ct. D IF on top of this one!
3.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
OOOh, it''s beautiful Quincy! Please keep us updated. I''d love to see handshots!

Quincy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I haven''t proposed yet. Been too caught up with the holidays. My next plan is to set something up for either New Years or some random day in January. The days are going by quite fast and I''m already feeling jittery inside. I have no idea on what to do for my proposal ideas so I''ve made a thread in the "Proposal Ideas" section. Anyone have some lovely sweet romantic ideas?

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Q, as discussed on the phone with you today, I''m just a girl who has NO idea about proposals. Wish I could help.
3.gif

Quincy

Rough_Rock
She said YES!! Pictures to follow!

laila

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaayy!!!! Congratulations! That is just great! Please post pics & details when you can! The ring looked beautiful
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results