shape
carat
color
clarity

This seems like a good deal, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwbiv

Rough_Rock
So I went out today to look around and wasnt expecting to get very far, but I found a stone and a setting that I love...

Here is how it breaks out.

Setting: 18k Yellow Gold 1.24ct invisible set princess stones in 2 channels(side by side). Stones are g-f color and VS clarity. Opening price: $1830.00

Center Stone-GIA cert- 1.50ct SI1 H Depth 63.1 Table 59 Girdle thick to very thick 7.25x7.20x4.56 Opening Price: $8800.00

Total Opening Price: $10630.00

I am a cash buyer, no credit card to pay 2-3% on.

We went back and forth and after doing the leave me in the room for 5 minutes to get me uncomfortable thing he came back @ $10,100.00 cash price

I am not sure if this is a good deal or not... What you you all think?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It is a deep cut. The center diamond will have the appearance of a 1.25 carat and you are paying for weight on the bottom that no one will see.

I'd think seriously before considering an invisible set for everyday wear. They are beautiful but delicate. One diamond goes and you can loose them all in a channel. Can make for a very expensive repair.

Just my $0.02 worth.
1.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
A well cut (Round Brilliant - I'm assuming?) 1.5 carat stone should be about 7.5 in diameter. You are probably paying for extra weight in the thick girdle. This also shows in the 4.56 depth, which should be between 4.4 and 4.5. This is going to affect the way it reflects light, and appear less brilliant.

It would be a good idea to look elsewhere (like on the internet) for your center stone, which you should be able to get for around $8000 and it will be a much better cut and be more beautiful, amd both look and be larger.

I really can't comment on the setting because there isn't much info about the stones. If you like it, order a stone and have your jeweler set it in the setting he has, that you seem to like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results