shape
carat
color
clarity

This may be the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
First, another thank you to all of you that have been following my numerous dress threads and drama. After learning a little more about what FI likes in gowns, I went back and tried on the Romona Keveza gown that is very similar to the RK that I like. I have liked this gown for a long time, but not many salons seem to carry Romona Keveza dresses around here. The closest one is over an hour away. Here''s the dress from her website:

RomonaKevezaHandkerchiefHem.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
The more dresses I have tried on, the more I have gotten away from my original liking of plainer dresses that have interesting details without having beading, lace, etc. But, after listening to a lot of you say that I should consider staying a bit more classic, and listening to FI tell me that he''d like to see me in something that still looks bridal and a bit innocent, I wanted to try that RK dress on. Well, the salon doesn''t carry that exact one, but it does carry a similar one that I tried on today. We weren''t allowed to take pics, but of course I snuck a couple for you all. SO, here it is:

RKDressForInternet1.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Another:

RKDressForInternet2.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I like it because it is classic and simple, but would allow me to show more of my figure like a trumpet dress. Plus, I wouldn''t have to worry that feathers in the hair would be too much with this dress. Here''s a mock-up I did of the handkerchief hem of the one I like from the pics that I took:

RKcroppedtogether.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
So, we''ll see what happens when they bring in the actual one I like for the trunk show in March, but I am really liking this style. What do you all think? Your input has been so helpful to me, that I couldn''t wait to show you guys these pics! Oh, and here''s the pics from the runway of the dress that I tried on so you can see it a bit better than the quick shots I took in the fitting room:

RKFall2005instoreA.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And the back:

RKFall2005instoreB.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I know that was all over the place. I hope that made sense. I can''t wait to hear what you all think!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi facet, well you look great in ALL the dresses, that''s what makes it so hard. I realized the more dresses I tried on, the more confused I got and everyone kept saying each one looked great, then I''d put the next one on, and they''d say the same thing, and we''d all be confused.

Which one do you love...or not which one, but which style? Then just go with your gut!
Personally, I liked your first choices better (the Reems)--but that''s b/c I love classic. I love the look of a classic, elegant, romantic bride who looks tall and willowy, and just "wow". I think these last styles are too funky for my taste. And your FI shouldn''t know too much anyway, but it sounds like he might like a little tradition too (innocent,etc). Curious to hear what others think!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. A lot. I love the sweetheart neckline on you, and I like that it doesn't have much going on in the way of detail because that skirt is WOW enough. I'm glad that you stuck with the trumpet look you liked. Your wedding dress should reflect YOU and what you like now. That way, looking back, you can see yourself at ____ (age you are now) and what you loved at the time you were married. Who knows what will be "in" or considered "classic" in 20 years?

So that's a YES vote from me!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the multi layered dress - it''s great!!! I also like the 2nd one mostly because I think I like that band around the waist.... it cuts you in half but it also accentuates your trim waist! It''s a nice detail! What does the back of the first one look like?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm...I know you like this style, and I do think the dress look nice on you. "unique" but not over the top.
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 4:57:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I love the multi layered dress - it''s great!!! I also like the 2nd one mostly because I think I like that band around the waist.... it cuts you in half but it also accentuates your trim waist! It''s a nice detail! What does the back of the first one look like?

I totally agree about the sash....it looks awesome. Will you keep it if you get the 1st bottom?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 5:02:16 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 1/26/2007 4:57:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I totally agree about the sash....it looks awesome. Will you keep it if you get the 1st bottom?
It''s funny...I thought I wasn''t a sash person. Every other gown I''ve looked at, I''ve taken the sash off. But somehow I do like it with this dress...maybe because it helps balance it out. I think I probably would put a sash with the handkerchief version...hard to know until I see it though. I was thinking about using the sash and putting a brooch on it where it would tie. Here''s the back of the handkerchief version...looks pretty much the same as the other one to me.

RKFall2005b.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it on you! Truly a FABULOUS, rich amazing looking gown that looks brillant on you!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! It''s really unique, yet somehow classic all at once!

MAchick

Rough_Rock
I like this one! The sash makes it for me too. I think in a lot of the dresses you showed previously your curves were VERY straightened out. And in others, they were almost too emphasized. But this one is perfect.

36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! My mom thinks she likes this one too (I sent her a pic). I''m going to wait to order till March, because there are a couple other trunk shows I want to go to first. But, this one is definitely the top runner for now!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I love the one you have on in the picture- it''s gorgeous and glamourous, but simple and classic.
I prefer the one you have on in the picture than the one you are waiting to try on- it''s a little more classic, but still very WOW!

RK is such a unique designer- I never saw any of her dresses in all of my tryings on and my one friend forwarded me the website like 19 times saying you have to check these out. It''s so clean and fresh, and somehow modern and classic at the same time.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
You look FANTASTIC in that dress!! You look so beautiful and curvy, and it really works for you in the bust area!
31.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry, but I''m not a fan. I know these dresses are plainer in the sense that they don''t have any lace or beads, but... I think the skirts are so unusual (and somewhat extreme) that they call attention to the dress instead of the person wearing the dress.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vastly prefer the skirt part of the handkerchief one - it is gorgeous and unique and awesome!! I wish the model wasn''t wearing that boa for the back of the other one.... I think if you go for handkerchief one maybe no sash? the back is gorgeous! I''m sold LOL!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 11:25:44 PM
Author: MINIMS
I''m sorry, but I''m not a fan. I know these dresses are plainer in the sense that they don''t have any lace or beads, but... I think the skirts are so unusual (and somewhat extreme) that they call attention to the dress instead of the person wearing the dress.
that''s what lively personalities are for :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 11:16:40 PM
Author: IndieJones
You look FANTASTIC in that dress!! You look so beautiful and curvy, and it really works for you in the bust area!
31.gif
you know, now that you mention it, I think the sash has something to do with that!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you found a dress you love! It''s all about what makes you feel most beautiful on your wedding day!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
You have to get what you like, FF, that is the bottom line....So, you get the dress that makes you feel beautiful on the inside as well as on the outside....if this dress makes you feel that way, then its the one!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Good luck!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on you!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE dresses that are different and this one is so beautiful on you! Congrats on making the decision!!!
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! i think this is the most figure flattering of all the dresses you posted on yourself and you carry the style really well! RK and ulla maija make lots of the, what i call architectural dresses (very little embellishment, the detain is in the draping and cut of the fabric) that are simply gorgeous. can''t wait to see the final dress on you!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I really do appreciate the input, both good and bad. I''m not 100% sold on this dress yet. I still have a couple trunk shows I''d like to go to: Kenneth Pool and Carolina Herrera. But I tried on the second Reem again, and it just didn''t do it for me this time. It straightened out my curves, and they told me they couldn''t lower the back very easily like I wanted. Also, I decided against the CH that I showed you all because I felt flat-chested in it, and no one wants to feel like that! :)

I''ll let you know what happens when I go to the trunk shows, but I am starting to feel excited about the dress process again, and that''s a really good thing! Thanks again!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to show you a pic that I made that shows the sash on the other dress...do you like it with the sash?

RKComparisonWithSash.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results