shape
carat
color
clarity

This may be the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 10:53:24 AM
Author: FacetFire
Just wanted to show you a pic that I made that shows the sash on the other dress...do you like it with the sash?
can you post the pic on the right WITHOUT the sash? I''d like to see all three... at this point I think the sash works better on the dress on the left because it has less detail BUT I love the skirt on the right way more and would like to see the one on the right with/without sash from front view like that.... pretty please? I do like it with the sash btw just wanna see if THAT skirt looks better with or without :)

cara

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''m going to be against the consensus here - I don''t really like you in these new RK ones. The bottom part is too big - its bigger than trumpet so now it looks more ballgowny but with the "waist" at your low hip level. Its tiny tiny torso, looks great fitted thru all of the hourglass, then BIG skirt. It seems all about the dress, with the caveat that you need a pretty thin frame to pull off the effect. Yes the sash at your natural waist does help accentuate a little hourglass shape rather than just straight torso but its not enough to really fix the overpowering skirt problem IMO.

I guess I really like you in the more classic mermaid with trumpet skirt silhouette. Or ones like the two Reems that are not as classic trumpet but still a little smaller volume on the bottom half.

I went back and looked at the old thread dresses and might have missed it - what was wrong with the MS Liberty?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the FEATHERS! So, I think this help makes my point. The model is both tall and wearing the ridiculous feathers, and these both help balance out the bottom half of the dress and make it look more proportionate. And the model of the dress you like (the zig-zag skirt) is wearing some voluminous veil to balance out also.

For all these reasons I like you in the dress you tried on (with the symmetric pleated skirt) better than the assymetric skirt that you like
7.gif
but neither of these really send me.

But if I'm just totally not getting your style then please ignore me!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of the handkerchief dress without the sash next to the others:

RKallthreesash.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 1:20:35 PM
Author: cara

Oh, the FEATHERS! So, I think this help makes my point. The model is both tall and wearing the ridiculous feathers, and these both help balance out the bottom half of the dress and make it look more proportionate. And the model of the dress you like (the zig-zag skirt) is wearing some voluminous veil to balance out also.

For all these reasons I like you in the dress you tried on (with the symmetric pleated skirt) better than the assymetric skirt that you like
7.gif

But if I''m just totally not getting your style then please ignore me!
I do see what you are saying, but at the same time, all ballgowns have big bottoms, and I don''t think people feel the need to balance them out...so maybe it''s just the result of what we are used to seeing? And I am going for a glamorous look...but don''t worry, I''m not sure I entirely understand my own style...haha. I have a different kind of style that is hard to put a finger on...for example, putting my antique OEC diamond into a modern setting. I appreciate all different styles for their own kind of beauty, and that''s part of what makes the search for a dress very difficult. Antique, modern, glamorous, romantic, classic, I love them all! The only thing I don''t like is normal. That''s one of the things that made me decide agant the Liberty...it looked too normal to me, plus I didn''t really like the details on it.

There are a couple more gowns that I want to see before I make the final choice...including these by Carolina Herrera, which I''m hoping I can get brought in for a trunk show:

CHtwotrumpets.JPG

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2007 2:33:47 PM
Here's a pic of the handkerchief dress without the sash next to the others:

(
17.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it! I think it''s a classic ball gown with a twist - the twist being that the skirt is dropped down to the mid-thigh. On the models, I think I like the one you tried on (the one on the left with the sash) better than the one with the asymmetrical skirt without the sash (on the right). But you would have to try the other one on to really see. I like the tone-on-tone sash, too. I''m not a sash person really either, but I like the idea of emphasizing my waist. I''ve always thought that a sash the same color as the dress would be a good balance between being figure flattering, and not being too trendy.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I still like the hanky skirt with the sash the best. It really balances everything out, somehow.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:53:28 PM
Author: EBree
I still like the hanky skirt with the sash the best. It really balances everything out, somehow.
I think I agree...of course it will depend on what I like in person (I need to be able to sneak a couple pics again).

The tone-on-tone sash really is key, I think. I will have feathers in my hair (probably a slightly dramatic hairpiece), so that may help balance a little too.

Thanks, everyone!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely my favorite dress on you so far!
(And I really liked the original one best before
11.gif
2.gif
)

I agree that the sash is perfect on you and really defines your waist, but I would definitely keep it monochromatic. And I think it will look wonderful with the handkercheif skirt!

Don''t get me wrong, I want to see pics of you in those new CH''s as well! But otherwise, I think this one is a winner!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 2:33:47 PM
Here''s a pic of the handkerchief dress without the sash next to the others:
HEY FF! Glad to see you''ve made some head-way! I agree with the sentiment that you''ve gone back to what YOU love...because truly, "Its all about you" ;-) so my 2 cents....I like the RK with the hankerchief hemline, withOUT the sash. Maybe its just me, but I feel that the weight of the skirt is balanced by the length of the bodice, and that the sash cuts the length in half (therefore ''for me'' creating an imbalance).

Ultimatly, whatever you decide will be PERFECT for you ;-) I can''t wait to see!!

Also, you have a killer bod. Holy Crow. *your FI is lucky* and I''m glad you''re choosing to accentuate it! You could wear a paper bag if you wanted and still look HAWT! *a trumpet paper bag that is*

BEST! Mela lu

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
facetfire: though i haven''t really too closely followed your quest for a dress, i would echo what others have said before get what you love and what you feel great in. personally, i like the trumpet style. however, i don''t like the handkerchief hem. detracts for me.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Hey--I know you were thinking about adding a feather like hair stick -- did you see the one in the Winter 2007 Elegant Bride?? It's on p.278 and it's by Jane Tran (although it's not on her website). It retails for $130 and has some long white feathers (not feathery feathers, like nice feathers) and some pearls coming out of a silver metallic pick top. I can't tell for sure if it's a pick or a comb, but it's beautiful!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:02:03 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
Hey--I know you were thinking about adding a feather like hair stick -- did you see the one in the Winter 2007 Elegant Bride?? It's on p.278 and it's by Jane Tran (although it's not on her website). It retails for $130 and has some long white feathers (not feathery feathers, like nice feathers) and some pearls coming out of a silver metallic pick top. I can't tell for sure if it's a pick or a comb, but it's beautiful!
I know! I saw it...and I LOVE it! I went right to the website, but I was so disappointed that it wasn't there! I wonder if I can still get it?

Thanks for thinking of me! :)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed them to see, I was curious as well, although I don''t think it''ll go with the dresses I''m thinking of, but I''ll let you know what they say. The site may not be updated...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 2:43:24 PM

Date: 1/28/2007 1:20:35 PM
Author: cara

7.gif

But if I''m just totally not getting your style then please ignore me!
I do see what you are saying, but at the same time, all ballgowns have big bottoms, and I don''t think people feel the need to balance them out...so maybe it''s just the result of what we are used to seeing? And I am going for a glamorous look...but don''t worry, I''m not sure I entirely understand my own style...haha. I have a different kind of style that is hard to put a finger on...for example, putting my antique OEC diamond into a modern setting. I appreciate all different styles for their own kind of beauty, and that''s part of what makes the search for a dress very difficult. Antique, modern, glamorous, romantic, classic, I love them all! The only thing I don''t like is normal. That''s one of the things that made me decide agant the Liberty...it looked too normal to me, plus I didn''t really like the details on it.

There are a couple more gowns that I want to see before I make the final choice...including these by Carolina Herrera, which I''m hoping I can get brought in for a trunk show:
of these two I BY FAR like the left one better... but I still prefer the handkerchief one - with the sash :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 9:50:55 AM

I think I agree...of course it will depend on what I like in person (I need to be able to sneak a couple pics again).

The tone-on-tone sash really is key, I think. I will have feathers in my hair (probably a slightly dramatic hairpiece), so that may help balance a little too.

Thanks, everyone!
then DEFINITELY the handkerchief one is best - it is the one that can handle drama the best IMO - the new left one is a little... I can''t say old fashioned but not... smooth? enough to carry feathers IMO. It''d be too much texture? I can''t quite put words to it...

but foremost - what does mom think? LOL

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 10:06:52 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
I emailed them to see, I was curious as well, although I don''t think it''ll go with the dresses I''m thinking of, but I''ll let you know what they say. The site may not be updated...
Thanks, Sweetpea! You are the best!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 12:01:00 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Thanks, everyone!
then DEFINITELY the handkerchief one is best - it is the one that can handle drama the best IMO - the new left one is a little... I can''t say old fashioned but not... smooth? enough to carry feathers IMO. It''d be too much texture? I can''t quite put words to it...

I definitely agree with you...the handkerchief can pull of the dramatic feathers. Of the other two, I''m with you, I prefer the one on the left also. But we''ll see if I get to try them on...you never know what looks best. I was thinking that if I go with one of those, I could maybe still do a delicate feather piece in the shape of a flower, to make it more traditional looking to go with the dress. I''m so glad you see it the same way I do! :)

DOn''t know about mom yet...she''s going to come with me when I try them on in March! I can''t wait! I feel very confident that one of these is the right one!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 10:51:18 AM

Date: 2/4/2007 12:01:00 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Thanks, everyone!

I definitely agree with you...the handkerchief can pull of the dramatic feathers. Of the other two, I''m with you, I prefer the one on the left also. But we''ll see if I get to try them on...you never know what looks best. I was thinking that if I go with one of those, I could maybe still do a delicate feather piece in the shape of a flower, to make it more traditional looking to go with the dress. I''m so glad you see it the same way I do! :)

DOn''t know about mom yet...she''s going to come with me when I try them on in March! I can''t wait! I feel very confident that one of these is the right one!
oh yes - I totally can see you... the handkerchief one reminds me of the 40''s a bit at least you can pull off that sort of dramatic flair on your head... the other one would look great with a feather flower type thing more like in the 20''s. Awesome!! Its funny, because a lot of times we respond with what WE like for ourselves and it is hard to step back and look at the trends someone else is going with and help them to figure out what they really love for themselves. I don''t think many of us could carry off the look you''re going for but you *certainly* can and I almost think you have a responsibility to do so hahaha!!! You are going to be GORGEOUS!!!!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the new CH gowns you found! I think they look much higher scale in terms of class and elegance than the RK designs. They are totally unusual, but yet the lines are much more flattering to the person wearing the dress. I think they strike a better balance and show the difference in designing talent...and I have loved many RK gowns.

Just 2 more cents,

lawmax

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
I LOOOOOOOOOVE this dress on you! Eureka...I think(hope) we found a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results