shape
carat
color
clarity

This may be it -need opinion fast!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duck

Rough_Rock
Hi, this is what i have:

GIA 1.55 RB E VS2 ideal, H & A

table 57
crown ht 13.9
crown angle 34.6
pavillion depth 43.2
pavillion angle 40.9
girdle thickness 1.2-2.1, thin to medium
total depth 61.1
culet 0.4
symmetry excellent
polish excellent
no flor

asking price $15 468 us

-is crown ht too low, or is it ok?

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown height is fine.
Is it an online stone or b&m?
Have you seen the heart and arrow images?

duck

Rough_Rock
I went through Martin Schifield (based out of T.O.) - he located the stone in the states (LA).
I had a it appraised by Charles Carmona who confirmed that it is what it is and displays the H &A effect.

Now the dimond will be shipped to N.Y.C for our viewing. We will have it appraised by Justin Krall.

Im nervous because if we deicide not to take it we will have to pay the shipping fee of 300 bucks.

I guess its pretty solid on paper, but im concerned about problems (paranoid) i.e. clouds, hazes etc. Ahtough the cert doesnt mention it, nor did charles.

schowtyme

Rough_Rock
I'm not an expert, but looks pretty good on the cut advisor. https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Very Good
Spread Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.6 - Excellent
within TIC range

Did you pricescope it for comparable prices? Looks like for the same stats WF and GOG are at about $17,723 - $17,950.

Looks like a great deal assuming all your stats are true and it looks great to you!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on paper!

Once you get to see it, take your time and observe it in different lighting situations. Hopefully you have had a chance to look at (many) other diamonds, so you have a mental image of how others looked and performed.

Then trust your eyes!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you need to be concerned about clouds and feathers etc when its clarity is a GIA VS2. It''s only when you get to the SI clarity levels that you have to worry about the diamond being eye-clean. I''m sure it will be beautiful! Congrats on your find.

duck

Rough_Rock
thanks guys!

so nobodly has a problem with crown ht of 13.9? is the crown ht important in the diamonds preformance?

and is a HCA scintillation score of "very good" ok?

(as you can tell, im kinda crazy)

schowtyme

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 10:09:48 PM
Author: duck
thanks guys!

so nobodly has a problem with crown ht of 13.9? is the crown ht important in the diamonds preformance?

and is a HCA scintillation score of ''very good'' ok?

(as you can tell, im kinda crazy)
Well again, I''m still new to this stuff but the crown angle of 34.6 is very close to the ideal according to this page:

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/tolk.asp

But I''m not sure if the crown height can be off and still have a good angle, anybody know the answer? Apart from that the HCA score was under 2.0 which is considered excellent I think.

"A score below 2 (red on the chart) means you have eliminated most diamonds with too much leakage or darkness, overly thin or thick girdles & fish-eyes. But there are other negatives that HCA can’t predict. Many people prefer diamonds with a score between 1.0 and 2.0, over shallower stones around 0.5."
- http://diamonds.pricescope.com/ideal.asp

For whatever it is worth I think most people would be very pleased with a diamond under 2.0. Again, it is all about personal preference, but the crown height thing is a good question, any experts on here want to weigh in?

I don''t blame you for being crazy man, I''m the same way. Obsessed over every little detail, now I''m just waiting for it to get here to see it for myself!
21.gif
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results