shape
carat
color
clarity

This little piggie cried "I''''m blingless!", soooooooo.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Most of you read Andrey''s announcement during the holidays so you know of his generosity in continuing a tradition started by Leonid and Irina: to extend a $1,000 gift to posters who reached the 10,000-post milestone in appreciation for their contributions.

His gesture to continue this tradition touched and impressed me because it shows he understands the essence of what makes Pricescope such a fantastic place to be: long-term members making quality contributions to help educate consumers.

I was elated when he chose to gift Mara to thank her for her continued dedication to helping others; I couldn’t imagine anyone who deserved it more. When I joined Pricescope five years ago, she’d been here just a month herself. Even then, her enthusiasm and sharp wit was unmistakable. Over these five years, she’s invested SO much of herself here, and she’s done it with humor, sass, and the best of intentions. There were very few regular posters in those early days, and she’s a big part of what kept me here and active.

Many of you have asked over the last month what she planned to do with the gift. In fact, at our Boston GTG last month, a few gals wondered aloud what she was going to do. Mara has been uncharacteristicly VERY QUIET about her plans. Now I’m going to tell you why.

Mara decided to split her gift with me.
23.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Despite my protests that such a gesture was just too lavish, she said ‘it’s already done. I really want to do this; you’ve been here since the early days with me, and I’d like to see you do something fun with it.”

I’m so far beyond touched by this I don’t even know what to say….which you all know is very *uncharacteristic* for ME……LOL! So, I wanted to take a moment here to thank you, Mara, for your very unexpected and selfless gesture and most importantly for your continued friendship over the years. You are truly a class act.

She asked what I’d do with it, and I knew immediately. When she was debating over what to get with her first $1,000 gift a few years ago and asked my opinion, I lobbied for the toe rings she’d been contemplating. She worried about choosing something too frivolous, but I thought it was the perfect way to use her gift: to select something she wanted but wouldn’t likely get for herself.

When I finally saw them in person, I was smitten and toe rings went onto my to-do list. She’s been telling me for months that I should go for it, and I think this the perfect opportunity to do just that!

I''ve initiated the project with Whiteflash, so stay tuned for pictures as soon as they’re done!

ETA: They''ll be in yellow gold, but the same style.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara has a very generous heart. And you are such a wonderful friend, that I have to say that while I was touched by her gesture, I wasn''t really surprised. I can''t wait for you toe pics!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very sweet of Mara, and obviously you deserve her generosity! I look forward to seeing your new bling!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so thoughtful of her. She is really generous not just in spirit but in material things too! Enjoy it, cannot wait to see the rings!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
WOW...MARA...it is really dark standing in your shadow. Your character casts a large one...tall and vast.

I am truly blessed to learn of your generosity. Your mode of giving is evident in every post you make, and this gesture just magnifies your thoughtfulness.

Thanks for being such a great instructor in generosity. §

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s just the nicest thing ever!!! Mara and you share a very special friendship so am not surprised, but have to say it warms my heart to witness. Bring on the piggie bling!!! Yay Mara!!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2008 1:53:48 AM
Author: Kaleigh
That''s just the nicest thing ever!!! Mara and you share a very special friendship so am not surprised, but have to say it warms my heart to witness. Bring on the piggie bling!!! Yay Mara!!!
9.gif
Ditto! You are both very special ladies who share such a great friendship, this is just beautiful to hear. Alj, I look forward to seeing pics of your special glittering toe rings!

Yay for Mara and for yellow gold!!!
runaround1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a sweetie Mara is for doing that!!! I can''t wait to see pics when they are done!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
That is such generosity! Congrats aljdewey, I think the gift you are choosing is just perfect too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, sweet!!! Can''t wait to see it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really sweet, and generous. Good for you Mara, and really good for you Alj!
9.gif

Can''t wait to see the piglets all decked out.
bat%20eyes3.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This was the first post I read on Pricescope today--what a good way to start the day! Mara''s generosity really touched me, that was so thoughtful of her.

I can''t wait to see...foot shots, haha. Will you and Mara have matching toe rings now?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so generous Mara! What a thoughtful gift! You totally deserve it aljdeway-I''m always nodding in agreement when I read your posts. Enjoy your pressie-and remember to post pics.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just so sweet of Mara and Alj, you deserve it too b/c of all your help here as well. Both of you are just such a HUGE part of what makes this forum. can''t wait to see those toe rings.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow. That is so generous of her. Mara, you''re one classy broad!
2.gif
9.gif
36.gif

I can''t wait to see your toe ring! I love the idea of blingy toes LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2008 8:25:11 AM
Author: Ellen
That is really sweet, and generous. Good for you Mara, and really good for you Alj!
9.gif

Can''t wait to see the piglets all decked out.
bat%20eyes3.gif
Me neither and perfect timing as spring and summer isn''t too far off, then you can rock those sparkly toes!
flower2.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That was a very sweet gesture on Mara''s part, which I think surprises none of us here who have gotten to know her.

Congratulations on your new bling, alj, and we can''t wait to see your new toe bling!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet!! I did wonder why Mara was being so quiet... I was sure she''d already had something in mind, but SHE DID!! How great to share it with you, her friend!

So will you be buying a few more pairs of open toed shoes this year??? Can''t wait to see the new bling!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet gesture from Mara!!!

I cannot wait to see photos.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Al, I can''t wait to see your new diamond encrusted piggies, so exciting! Mara, you are very thoughtful and generous to share your bling gift with Al! I can''t think of a more deserving recipient. You two really exemplify how unique and special PS friendships can be.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet of Mara! Very generous heart, indeed!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm mebbe i should have included some sort of ''no yellow gold'' stipulation and stuck poor alj with wearing yucky white gold on her toes!! then she''d REALLY think of me every time she looked at them!
3.gif
11.gif

no seriously. this post is so heart-warming, and alj is such a gem for posting it. personally, it was not a big decision for me to want to split the gift. she''s been here as long as i have and i often think that in the old days before PS was such a large community, having a kindred spirit going through the same stages of life as i was, we were quite blessed to find each other! and i don''t know that i would have stuck around as long if alj hadn''t either...we watched PS grow together as we grew ourselves in our personal lives.

so it just seemed natural (as someone else already noted!). i knew she was mulling around toe rings....every time we see each other she raves about mine. so i thought, well this is perfect...something ''connected'' to me anyway what with the whole idea of the diamond toe rings and now i can be instrumental in making her dream of them come true!! i was SO excited to tell her...but it was right around holiday and so we didn''t catch up with each other for another 2 days. she was ecstatic but true to nature said ''oh no i can''t take that...you have worked for it''. i said ''well so have you''. (plus i mean come on, think it''s easy being my friend? i''m sooo HM!!!
12.gif
)

everyone i have told thus far was like ''wow that''s so amazingly generous of you!'' i think ''really??'' i was just doing what i felt was right! to me this gift was like ''found money''...and it only made sense to share it with someone who has given as much of her heart and soul to PS as i have...she just writes more lengthy posts less frequently.
5.gif

so thanks everyone for all your lovely words, but really there was no other optionin my mind! (and i still don''t entirely understand why it''s such a big deal!!! hehee...) i also can''t wait to see her little piggies all blinged out...and then next time we hang out we can take dual feet shots for everyone. yikes...beware PS.
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How incredibly generous of Mara! It''s quite obvious the bond you two share, so no surprise that you will become piggy twins. Can''t wait to see it when it is done then we will have to see the matching feet shots!
36.gif
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
when posts like this come to light it only deepens my fondness of the people here....I''m getting a warm and fuzzy feeling...ok...

GROUP HUG TIME!

emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I cant wait to see the decked out piggies!!!

Mara..your a sweetie!

Where''s your piggies???? I dont ever think I saw a shot of them.....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you sure you don''t want to get matching thumb rings or something?
11.gif
hehehehehe.....
seriously though, now all of ps knows exactly what i know of these two women.... they are both extremely generous and thoughtful people and i am not the least bit surprised that mara would make such an offer. i know alj would do the same without hesitation. i am honored to have been able to get to know them both a little better and i know there are many who have benefited from their collective knowledge here. you are both gifts to us all!
36.gif

emlove.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very generous and kind! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That is fantastic! You are both deserving. Kudos to you Mara for displaying such a generous spirit!
I can''t wait to see them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj, I''m looking forward to seeing your toe rings, though I think it would have been hilarious if Mara stipulated you couldn''t use her pennies for anything yg. Maybe she''ll make you eat some lemon pie instead of key lime or something.
2.gif

Mara, that was a very sweet thing for you to do, and just goes to show why I love the ladies in this place!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredible lady Mara is.
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait to see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results