shape
carat
color
clarity

THIS JUST IN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImaGoodman

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a ring from One Source took it to an independend appraisal. What a DEAL I got!! Or maybe I should keep that secret so as not to cause a price increase? Well, I hope you continue to provide your prices for the working slobs who want to get married these days. THANK YOU very much for your time, cooperation, expediant delivary and most of all TRUST!!

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

What is One Source - don't think I have heard of them?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
I also have never heard of them. What are the details of your diamond and ring. Carat, color, clarity of the stone? Is it AGS, EGL, or GIA? How much did you pay? What about the setting style and metal? Sidestones? Price? Who appraised it?

We like details.
1.gif
Unfortunately, without the pertinent details It's really impossible for anyone here to independently determine if you really did get a great deal, an okay deal, or a not-so-great deal. Feel good appraisals are not uncommon. Comparing the price to current net and B&M prices for a stone identical in its characteristics is often the more realistic approach to determining value.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
In your case you need to know if it was grade right.

Second you need a fair market value , not retail replacement. You will never get the
price on a retail replacement value. So, ask for a fair market value (willing buyer
willing seller) This will tell you what it is worth if you had to sell it today to the
public.

Just my 2 cents , a feel good appraisal does not make you feel good if you have to
sell it and find out that inflated Retail appraisal was not reality.

billv45

Rough_Rock
I've seen One Source on Ebay, here is one of their auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2619607710&category=10212

Here is their website: http://www.onesourcegems.com/loosediamonds.asp

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
"TRUST"?

Why would a consumer be thanking someone for trust? I think this post causes me to DISTRUST both the source and the recommendation without more information.

Maybe that is just my paranoia

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked at their site yesterday after this post and they give the bare minimum on a stone purchase (GIA cert details and that is about it), their prices are similar to some of the vendors on here as well so I would rather purchase with one of our vendors on here who contributes to the forum rather than an eBay vendor with basic info.
9.gif

shutinup

Rough_Rock
I just checked out one source and there prices are actually higher than what I've seen. About 10% higher on average-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results