shape
carat
color
clarity

This is the last straw!

ciciban

Rough_Rock
Okay I'm taking a deep breath... Last night I was laying awake, as you do when something you buy doesn't seem right, thinking what would my plan of action would be... Be calm, communicate with the seller and tell him about your suspicions and return the item.

Well, right now I'm fuming as it' s worse than I thought it would be. And I'm furious with myself that I allowed to happen again.

The said seller is someone I'm sure you've had dealings with as have I. Ebay store Diamondmounts in this case but I've bought from sister stores such as beyondjewelry and jewe200 and such.

I decided to purchase a rose gold and diamond setting from them for my round cut unheated ruby after looking at many settings online and in stores.

Not much appealed to me and I kept coming to their 18k rose gold setting with 1.40ct of VVS/F diamonds in substantial 6.4grams. Well, I looked at it for months and finally took a plunge last month and bought it for not much change left from $1000. From where it was coming from, I figured it'd be a very decent setting for that money.

I have bought from theme at least 8, 9 settings before and while some of them were not bad, some were way off in description. Still I decided to push aside my niggling doubts.

To cut the long story short (probably too late now, sorry), and the package being lost in mail for two weeks and chasing it hard, NOW that's here, the ring of course is not as it was promised. The gold weight off by 2 grams, diamonds about 30 to 40 points and gallery underside that was clearly visible in listing, missing! They took one week after my purchase to make another setting and shipped it after making various excuses.

What would you do and has this happened to any of you?? I still don't feel any better after venting but this is the last straw. I've had it with them. Oh, by the way, the response I got - "dear buyer,This ring is perfect, and if not please return, If you can keep it I will return to you $ 60?

I' need to lay down now...

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
send it back, get your money, then never look at their offerings again.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
ciciban - I'm sorry for the trouble you've had with the seller. I'd suggest you return the setting, get your refund and wash your hands of the situation. I would caution you - if you return the item, be careful. I purchased a setting from this seller last month and it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I returned it, but it has not yet shown up in China and I'm out $400! My last email to the seller went unanswered.

ciciban

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies VapidLapid and K9.

He offered to take it back for a refund. Wants me to send it by Registered Mail. I know that paypal requires tracking details so it will have to be Express. That's $49 I may not see again. Worse still, a whole grand if ring is not refunded. This whole ordeal started off badly and who's to say it will improve.

K9, did you pursue it with paypal yet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1304388831|2910718 said:

I agree with this. At least he's offering a refund. I would also ask for return shipping postage back as it was there fault the ring was not made properly.

ciciban

Rough_Rock
TL|1304391816|2910777 said:
VapidLapid|1304388831|2910718 said:

I agree with this. At least he's offering a refund. I would also ask for return shipping postage back as it was there fault the ring was not made properly.

I've emailed him to pay for shipping back cost along with a few other chosen words, with no reply yet. No surprises as he won't like them.

Only last year I had a battle on my hands with another item that had to be sent back two times because they were wrong size. I paid for return cost both times and never received a cent of it back. Eventually got refund for item but no postage fee.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
ciciban|1304391147|2910766 said:

I don't have a leg to stand on for a claim. The seller and I mutually agreed to the return and, as advised, I stupidly returned it with no insurance as to not get hung in customs.

I don't think he ripped me off - I just think it has been lost. It's been 5 weeks this week since I shipped it back.

ciciban

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear that - that sucks! Were there any tracking details?? Mine package was amiss too, they kept telling me it was with the driver for five days and finally it arrived with a different subcontractor (now I'm sorry it came at all :mad: ).
He told me too to declare the ring for $30 to avoid customs. If I pay for insurance and declare full amount he'll never pay me back out of spite because of custom fees/duties fees..

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
k9muttlover|1304397202|2910831 said:
ciciban|1304391147|2910766 said:

I don't have a leg to stand on for a claim. The seller and I mutually agreed to the return and, as advised, I stupidly returned it with no insurance as to not get hung in customs.

I don't think he ripped me off - I just think it has been lost. It's been 5 weeks this week since I shipped it back.

Don't give up yet! For some reason, mail from the US has been terribly slow. Some stones I ordered took 7 weeks to get here :shock: Other people have been telling me the same story.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - 7 weeks! Well, maybe there is hope that it will show up! I was thinking 3 weeks max.

He was going to send an alternate mounting, but at this point, I just want my money back.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He used to provide free express (Fed Ex or UPS) shipping, and now it's an upgrade. I always pay for upgraded shipping as I detest "snail mail."

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also purchased from diamondmounts. They tried to dicker with the price after I made the best offer and they accepted. Went back and forth with them a few days over it. In the end, they did make the setting.

The setting was nice, but yes, thin band, diamonds on it were small, gram weight was off. I kept it because I actually liked the setting, and I didn't pay much for it. However, there are some you have to be careful with.

For anyone that has issue with a company NOT in the country, contact Ebay customer service via phone. Let them know exactly whats been done. They can and do work with you especially in cases where you've sent the item back. Its going to be your best recourse in many cases. I give 5 days max and I call ebay CS. The longer you wait the likely you won't receive a dime of your money back.

And even though I'm a paypal advantage member and but I don't always have luck with them when it comes to ebay purchases.

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I'm also going to add - I purchased 2 settings, one from lan.bo4 and one from diamondmounts. They were shipped together in the same package and I have been dealing with the same person for both purchases.

Overall, my experience has been good. The seller was pleasant and offered a return/exchange no problem. However, my last two inquiries to the seller to see if my package has been received have gone unanswered.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I had this happen a while back with lan.bo4. I returned the setting (after taking a lot of pictures showing the issues) and eventually it was received in China and I got my money and the shipping postage back.

And, I will never order from lan.bo4 again, in spite of all their pleading.

Be patient. It may take a while before the setting arrives, and they aren't going to issue the refund until it does.

ciciban

Rough_Rock
It's over now. They accepted they made a mistake in manufacturing diamond and gold weight (even with my amateur eyes it looks no more than 1ct) - How do they think they can get away with it: what, everything is easily checked out and especially gram weight in 2 secs...) Surprisingly they will never make mistake in our favour ay.

They offered me $100 back to keep the ring. I wrote back saying that I would send the ring back only via Express and would declare and insure the ring for full amount as I didn't wish to have problems if parcel got lost. I also told them I would consider a reduction of minimum of $250 to keep the ring as it was a third less than specs. Five minutes later refund was in my account, and yes I obliged them and agreed to cancel the transaction. I still like the ring, but will wait to set it later, get negative thoughts out of my head first. Outcome - This is it for me, no more chasing them and getting those annoying emails from them. No more worrying about what I'm gonna get. I'm done.

And you wouldn't believe after it all being said and done, ten minutes later another email arrives, must have been from another person saying this:

"hi,We give you the same before the board is a sign of the value of $ 50 and silver products, do so smoothly through customs, you do not pay taxes, because many buyers are ask us to do that, I hope you understand,thanks."

Go figure!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you both came to an acceptable agreement. So do we get photos of the ring? :naughty:

So far, I've only had good experiences with that seller after I had several rings custom made so far, and some were weighty and with lots of pave. I also did some specialty non-diamond pieces for my multi-stone rings. I found his prices reasonable, but fortunately, I have not had a bad experience with him . . . yet.

ciciban

Rough_Rock
TL|1304473593|2911718 said:
Glad you both came to an acceptable agreement. So do we get photos of the ring? :naughty:

So far, I've only had good experiences with that seller after I had several rings custom made so far, and some were weighty and with lots of pave. I also did some specialty non-diamond pieces for my multi-stone rings. I found his prices reasonable, but fortunately, I have not had a bad experience with him . . . yet.

It will be a challenge but I'll do a post with pics of the setting and the unheated ruby for it. Just don't expect much as my photo-taking skills have much to be desired..

It must be a relief to have a good supplier that doesn't let you down, for me unfortunately, not so much after the last few fiascos. My husband would be pleased (if I told him, but I won't as it all would sound so pathetic :rolleyes: ) as there will likely be more money now that I'm backing off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results