shape
carat
color
clarity

This is THE Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlinks

Rough_Rock
I don't know how many of you remember my story so I'll briefly tell it again.

Orginally I bought a Diamond from Helzburg Diamonds in the mall. The service was great and they were more than willing to work with my specifications on what I wanted. After 4 months they found a Diamond that was "perfect" for me and @ that time it was. I had to make a sacrifice of price and lower my standards a little @ that time. I ended up with a 1.06, H, VS2, table 60%, depth 62%. I felt I had to buy the diamond secondary to their hard work and my deadline! Well I came back and did a little more research. Little did I know that there was so much more to the "cut" than orginally stated. I found out that my table was on the large sice. I also wanted closer to 1.25 carats but made the sacrifice. I know that my significant other would be estatic with any ring but I was the one that was unhappy with the purchase. I took the ring back, felt guilty but I did my research thanks to you pricescope.

I ended up buying this beauty from www.jamesallen.com It was EXACTLY what I wanted. 1.23 carats, G, VS1, 61.1% depth, 55% table. Over all a huge difference in cut and size. I can actually see the arrows in the diamond when viewing it from above with the naked eye. The amazing thing is I only paid 400 dollars more for this beauty. I am completely estatic and looking forward to March 3-5 when I will fly down to South Beach, FL with my future bride to be on a surprise trip and commit my life to her in the early morning with the sun rising.

Below are pictures that I was able to take with my digital camera. I had to pull out the instruction manual to find out how to take up closeups but they turned out great!

dscf08461zu.jpg

dscf08475cn.jpg

dscf08509am.jpg

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Glad to hear how everything worked out for you. That sure looks like a sparkler.

Its pretty scary to see how much better you can do when you do your research thoroughly online.
After I purchased our ring from Dutton''s Diamonds - we walked into several mall retailers and shook our heads at how overpriced they were.

....you might want to resize the picture a little bit and you will get more comments if you post on the Show Me the Ring area.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates! :}

tlinks

Rough_Rock
Resized them, just took forever. Enjoy
20.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding exactly what you wanted. I know first hand how hard it can be to find exactly what you want and that diamond is gorgeous!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting! Your FI will most certainly love it! Congrats!
36.gif
35.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring! Congrats!

I was a little worried when you mentioned Helzberg in the mall...and then let out a sigh of relief to see that you ended up going with James Allen!! Great job!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with the proposal. It is nice to hear you really noticed the difference between the mall store and a stone you bought after a lot of research.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You CANNOT go wrong with the classic setting. It's timeless and dateless!

I'm loving it!

Blod

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
34.gif
Education from this site greatly helped me with my diamond selection!-- I have noted from my observation of SOME young couples viewing rings, that their romanctic emotions sometimes hender their good buying judgement and some salespeople play on that to sell. I think some sales staff where surprised when I could not be fooled and ask questions and already knew the correct answer, thanks to this site!!!! ( 55 year old lady wearing the beautiful EC ring-- LOL)
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice. The workmanship looks amazing. That diamond is smokin'' hot!!! Good luck on your proposal.

shay

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a beautiful stone - and give yourself a pat on the back for doing such a good job! Isn''t the difference amazing from what you can find at the mall?

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection....simply gorgeous!
30.gif
Good luck on the proposal!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic setting and beautiful diamond! You did great!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous congrats!!
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results