shape
carat
color
clarity

This is spooky

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full of people too smart to go to an airport.

Not spooky.
IMO, just wise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This below IMO is spooky. Just thinking of the possible consequences gives me the :errrr:

jerseyshorecrowds.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looked a lot like that in Indy when I traveled in early June. Later that month it was busier, and a few weeks ago most of the restaurants had opened again. The June experiences were very surreal, but not unlike landing there at night after everything is closed and things empty out.

More strange was not having beverage/snack service in flight and not speaking with seat mates. Wearing masks was mandatory of course, not only in flight but throughout every airport. Hand sanitizing stations everywhere, and by the end of June airlines stopped charging for masks if anyone had forgotten theirs and started handing out complimentary packs of masks/gloves/sanitizing wipes at the gate.

I know several folks who make their livings as pilots, flight attendants, TSA, ground control, and mechanics. So much talk of furloughs, being forced to move out of state, etc. Just got a text from a friend who works for United out of O’Hare and a sigh of relief that he doesn’t have to relocate to FL away from his family. Another who works at Midway for TSA who has a new baby is going to keep his job.

My flights to Orlando were jam-packed in
June. Flight to Destin last month (a 9- gate airport) was nearly empty as pictured. Here’s the thing: it isn’t the airports or flights that are the worrisome, unsafe, omg you’re definitely going to get covid issue. It’s what you do after you get off the flight and how responsible you are while at your destination that matters. I spent time with 1-3 friends each trip, and self-quarantined for 14 days each time I came home. Judge and hate me and think I’m stupid and terrible all you want but there are responsible ways to deal with this pandemic and not be forced to live in a bubble for who knows how long.
E9AE82B4-75CE-427D-9614-2D99D6D4950E.jpeg 5B99D894-F9A3-4CD9-90C6-6282B907693C.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
true it a good sign that people are behaving, but its still spooky seeing it empty to me.

Even more spooky will be the empty airports resulting from everyone dead because so many didn't listen to scientists and medical experts back when C19 could be dealt with.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Even more spooky will be the empty airports resulting from everyone dead because so many didn't listen to scientists and medical experts back when C19 could be dealt with.

very true

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I too get weirded out by empty places!

If its in the middle of nowhere in nature, It's fine & I'm not spooked at all but if its a building that's old and dilapidated or anything built by man, especially in the last 100 years and its empty....oh god it sends shivers up my spine!

It's an odd feeling that can feel similar to the feeling one gets when they think someone is watching them but cannot see them.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Looked a lot like that in Indy when I traveled in early June. Later that month it was busier, and a few weeks ago most of the restaurants had opened again. The June experiences were very surreal, but not unlike landing there at night after everything is closed and things empty out.

More strange was not having beverage/snack service in flight and not speaking with seat mates. Wearing masks was mandatory of course, not only in flight but throughout every airport. Hand sanitizing stations everywhere, and by the end of June airlines stopped charging for masks if anyone had forgotten theirs and started handing out complimentary packs of masks/gloves/sanitizing wipes at the gate.

I know several folks who make their livings as pilots, flight attendants, TSA, ground control, and mechanics. So much talk of furloughs, being forced to move out of state, etc. Just got a text from a friend who works for United out of O’Hare and a sigh of relief that he doesn’t have to relocate to FL away from his family. Another who works at Midway for TSA who has a new baby is going to keep his job.

My flights to Orlando were jam-packed in
June. Flight to Destin last month (a 9- gate airport) was nearly empty as pictured. Here’s the thing: it isn’t the airports or flights that are the worrisome, unsafe, omg you’re definitely going to get covid issue. It’s what you do after you get off the flight and how responsible you are while at your destination that matters. I spent time with 1-3 friends each trip, and self-quarantined for 14 days each time I came home. Judge and hate me and think I’m stupid and terrible all you want but there are responsible ways to deal with this pandemic and not be forced to live in a bubble for who knows how long.
E9AE82B4-75CE-427D-9614-2D99D6D4950E.jpeg 5B99D894-F9A3-4CD9-90C6-6282B907693C.jpeg

BTW, you are beautiful!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I too get weirded out by empty places!

If its in the middle of nowhere in nature, It's fine & I'm not spooked at all but if its a building that's old and dilapidated or anything built by man, especially in the last 100 years and its empty....oh god it sends shivers up my spine!

It's an odd feeling that can feel similar to the feeling one gets when they think someone is watching them but cannot see them.
I know that feeling back in college I worked security in factories on the weekends.
I would be the only person in a factory that took up the equivalent of several city blocks with most of the lights turned off.
Spooky!
I got used to it kinda. The first hour or so of the first shift for the weekend would be weird but the 2nd 12 hour shift would be like whatever.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are planning an Aruba trip in December. We'll get tested the day before we leave each location. I've been tested previously, including antibodies, and it was negative. If it comes up positive I'll stay where I am until I'm clear. But I'm masking *and* gloving *and* wearing clear glasses on the plane. I plan on finding a sparsely populated beach.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had to travel to Mexico last week. The planes and airports are eerily empty. It was kind of cool being able to find a parking spot virtually right outside the terminal door- normally you need to park and hike. Easy to social distance on a 1/3 full plane. What I found spooky was getting back to the USA and not even a questionnaire or temperature check. Both of which were required to enter Mexico. Heck, you can’t even walk into a supermarket without a temperature check in Mexico.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heck, you can’t even walk into a supermarket without a temperature check in Mexico.
not a bad idea but would cause gun fights in the US.
I have heard people loudly complaining about temp checks and having to wear masks at the hospital and doctors office.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
not a bad idea but would cause gun fights in the US.
I have heard people loudly complaining about temp checks and having to wear masks at the hospital and doctors office.

That's another thing...no one complains about wearing masks there. Never saw it, or heard news stories about it. Spooky.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -- Telephoto lenses make beaches look crowded, when they are not. They gather a lot of distant area into the picture.

True. But I’m here in person. And they’re super crowded. Not as crowded now as yesterday and the days before but still pretty crowded.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's another thing...no one complains about wearing masks there. Never saw it, or heard news stories about it. Spooky.

I can’t speak for everyone but from my perspective there’s a whole lot of crybabies in the USA. Not everyone. But those who complain (or refuse to) about wearing masks when in near proximity to others.

And lots of cranky people here too. :/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results