shape
carat
color
clarity

This is my first time posting please help me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sammy Big Time

Rough_Rock
I`d like too know what is good price to pay for a Round Brilliant Diamond 4.02 carat 10.20-1030x6.28 depth61.3 table 59 Girdle medium culet none polish excellent symmetry very good clarity I1 color I fluorescence none
It has a GIA Cert Please could someone tell me whats a good price to pay i`ve never bought a Diamond before and my wife and i are scared we might get taken we are also looking at a Round 3.56 F SI2 depth 59.9 table 64 with a EGL cert Thank you so much for your time God bless

luckyguy

Rough_Rock
To check on prices, you may want to search the pricescope database for diamonds in that range. I did a search and came up with prices from $6,300-$8,000/carat for a GIA certed diamond in this range (actually this search was for SI2 GIA stones, I didn't see any I1 stones when I did my search). Though, most of the diamonds were around $7,000/carat. I'm sure that others on this forum can be a bit more specific with regard to I1 graded stones.

As a side note, my personal preferences would lead me away from I1 diamonds. I'd be more inclined to try for an SI2 stone that is eye clean than an I1 that has visible inclusions. I guess, though, I should state that I've never even considered as big of a diamond as you are considering, but I'd like to think that I would still strive to get an SI2 GIA certed stone.

I would also ask for a sarin report on a stone such as that so that I could check the pavilion and crown angles in the HCA and have the Gemapraiser analyze the stone. Although, you may not be interested in anything but carat weight...it's up to you.

Also, I have heard that EGL is a bit lax with some of their standards so be warry. As a novice, I prefer GIA and AGS certs.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
For the first stone it would seem to be purchasable for $12,000 or less. I didn't check the second. Too busy now.

luckyguy

Rough_Rock
I tried to edit my above post. I made a typo with regard to my search. The stones were actualy between $5,000-$6,400/carat for stones that were GIA, SI2, table 53-60, depth 60.1-62.5 (for stones in the 3.83-4.14 carat range), so disregard all the pricing info in my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results