shape
carat
color
clarity

This is driving me nuts! 3-tone braided band

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently fell in love with this style of band (something about the 3 gold tones and the woven style is romantic to me).

Screenshot_20230506_174122_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20230506_174100_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20230506_173958_eBay.jpg

I've contacted 3-4 different manufacturers of this style, and all of them say that it cannot be made thinner than 3.5mm (ish). Is there a reason for this that I'm missing? Is it just that the colors wouldn't look noticibly different? Or something structural?

Thanks!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a friend with a band like that. Over time normal wear made the corners and edges of the band sharp and there were areas that were pointy, especially at the edges/rim of the band. It was uncomfortable and painful. Perhaps the thickness is to prevent that?

B

Betty Baguette

My original wedding band was exactly this style, but in white gold. It was 6 mm or 7 mm wide and I loved it. The braids looked like individual strands of gold, very 3-dimensional. I lost that ring and replaced it with a 4 mm wide version of the same ring and was disappointed in it. The braids looked/were flat against each other, if that makes sense. I ended up returning it.

I think these bands are hand made and it's more difficult to make them in narrower widths and still get the to braids look like the pictures. Hope this makes sense.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original wedding band was exactly this style, but in white gold. It was 6 mm or 7 mm wide and I loved it. The braids looked like individual strands of gold, very 3-dimensional. I lost that ring and replaced it with a 4 mm wide version of the same ring and was disappointed in it. The braids looked/were flat against each other, if that makes sense. I ended up returning it.

I think these bands are hand made and it's more difficult to make them in narrower widths and still get the to braids look like the pictures. Hope this makes sense.

That definitely makes sense, thanks SO much for your perspective! I definitely appreciate hearing from someone who's had this exact style. Sorry you lost your original one :(

Daze

Rough_Rock
6D666EB8-5F39-4A8E-9892-80B024C80134.png

Would a different sort of weave pattern suffice or does it just not have the same appeal?
This reminds me of a fishtail braid.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6D666EB8-5F39-4A8E-9892-80B024C80134.png

Would a different sort of weave pattern suffice or does it just not have the same appeal?
This reminds me of a fishtail braid.

I saw that one. But somehow it just doesn't have the same appeal to my eyes, unfortunately

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! I have a 3 tone gold braided/woven necklace! Love the 3 shades of gold, it's one of my favourite pieces

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's such a pretty design and it's frustrating that it has limitations, because it would be so delicate and beautiful with thin satiny ribbons. I wonder if they're too brittle when that thin and snap?
It's so pretty I went searching, and found bupkus, empty handed:((
I wonder if they would flatten this to a more ribbon profile and give it a satin finish for you?
It's 2.5mm
*I just realized it's only bi and not tri.
It can exist because here it is fused to a wider band. Have you contacted this shop about it? Take off the fiddly bits and just make the center for me, dammit!:lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*I just realized it's only bi and not tri.
It can exist because here it is fused to a wider band. Have you contacted this shop about it? Take off the fiddly bits and just make the center for me, dammit!:lol:

they have a tri-color option but it looks like the smallest they make this ring is an 8.
1683567844021.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled across this one :)

Size 7.5

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled across this one :)

Size 7.5

Ooooo that's so pretty! Ugh, why am I obsessed with the specific braid pattern??? I hate my brain sometimes

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo that's so pretty! Ugh, why am I obsessed with the specific braid pattern??? I hate my brain sometimes

Haha! I get it. The heart wants what it wants. Perhaps I’ll scoop it up… :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hey!
I don't know if you've come across this artist but he hand makes everything. He might be able to do what you want in the mm/colors you want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results