shape
carat
color
clarity

This is bad, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I am a total newbie - I love aquamarine (it''s my birthstone) and I have yet to purchase any loose stones. From what I think I remember
37.gif
, when you see darkness in a stone, it''s bad, right? What about this one? This is an aquamarine and it is being sold for $10 - it is 7x5mm Octagon. But it is dark in the middle...

aq7x5oct-1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PriceScope! And especially to the Coloured Stones section!

I would ask if there are any additional photos before entertaining this as a possibility.

LS

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding and thanks for the colored stones welcome!

Here are two additional pics.

aq7x5oct-2.jpg

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
And the other. It is .83ct. and AAA?

aq7x5oct-3.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hi Elegant,
The darkness is extinction. There are much better cut aquas out there. Have you seen Ellen's aqua thread? I'd look for stones that are that brilliant.

The AAA should be ignored. Some vendors make up their own grading system rendering it meaningless. The AAA system is typically legitimately used for pearls--not other colored gems.

Hope that helps!
1.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 7:02:57 PM
Author: coatimundi
Hi Elegant,

The darkness is extinction. There are much better cut aquas out there. Have you seen Ellen's aqua thread? I'd look for stones that are that brilliant.

The AAA should be ignored. Some vendors make up their own grading system rendering it meaningless. The AAA system is typically legitimately used for pearls--not colored gems.

Hope that helps!
Thanks coatimundi - yeah, I have seen her aqua and will use it as reference - it is beautiful. And thanks for the AAA info!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results