shape
carat
color
clarity

This is all really overwhelming. Any advice?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is the best decision!!

It REALLY makes a difference to see them in person!

PLEASE come back and let us know what your thoughts are, and if you can manage it, with some pictures comparing the two.

VERY smart decision.

If the stone is overblue it will look hazy in comparison to the other one. :wavey:

JJarrett

Rough_Rock
My diamonds are finally arriving tomorrow! I'm worried because my favorite of the two diamonds has a strong blue to it and we aren't going to have any sunshine here for the next week or two. Is there any way of knowing what it will look like in the sun without any sun?!?! I'm worried it will be too blue and I won't be able to tell. Any thoughts?

JJarrett

Rough_Rock
I got my diamonds today. The larger one with a strong blue to it was definitely hazy and it just didn't seem as lively as the other one, especially in the center. The 2nd diamond was gorgeous, just a little smaller face up... I think she is going to love it. I initiated a return for the other one. I couldn't be happier with my experience with James Allen and the awesome people here on price scope.

I tried taking pictures buy I just couldn't get a clear image with my phone. I will definitely post some of the finished ring and some hand shots once I pop the question. Thanks again guys, especially Gypsy!!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're using iphone, you can get it close to the diamond, hold the middle yellow box and it should 'freeze' it for you to move and get a good angle/lighting.

Happy you found a nice one, cant wait to see some finished shots!

JJarrett

Rough_Rock
I'm getting really nervous about how this ring is going to turn out. The opening of the setting we chose is 6.1 x 6.1 and the diamond is only 5.6 x 5.5.... I'm scared of how its going to look once it is set. The thing is my GF really liked this setting and she has her heart set on a cushion... and I just can't afford a huge cushion that would completely fill out the middle of the ring. Is it going to look horrible with a gap? The inside of the halo has a really pretty milgrain around it. Some people say that they like a gap so it doesn't blend in with the halo diamonds. I guess we will see when I pick the ring up Friday. I just hope it looks ok because it was $300 to have them set it. Here are pictures/links of my setting and diamond.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.90-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-775193

_795.png

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They aren't even ordering a setting to fit your stone? Did you buy the setting before?

That might be a noticeable gap. Perhaps you can place the stone into the setting w/o 'setting' it first to see?

JJarrett

Rough_Rock
We tried doing that, it was just really hard to tell. There was definitely space on each side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results