shape
carat
color
clarity

This could be my engagement ring!! what do you think??

deebee82

Rough_Rock

Hi all! Im a newie to this forum, after a long lurking history

emembarrassed.gif

Just thought I''d post a pic of a design that I keep returning to, after months of trying to decide what sort of style I’d like.

Originally I’d had my heart set on a RB set in either a very thin, knife edge band or one with micropave shoulders…
But I tried this one on recently and I can’t seem to get over it!

This one is a 0.6ct stone, wherease mine would be probably just over a carat. My fingers are a 3.5-4, quite small.

Question – what do you girls think of this design and would a 1ct in this setting look large on my finger??

dbsring1.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

It''s a very nice design! With your finger size, your stone should look pretty nice on your finger. And with the added halo you will get even more finger coverage. What kind of diamond will you be getting? I don''t think I read in here what you would get instead of the original rb that you were originally liking?

deebee82

Rough_Rock
sorry - this is a better pic of the setting :)
Its an emerald cut, and this particular one is 0.6carats - mine would also be an emerald cut but it would be 1carat or just over.
Also note that these pics include both the engagement ring and the wedding band. The engagement ring on its own has just a single band.

dbs19820811.jpg

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you tried it, and you loved it, you should totally go for the design!

I look forward to seeing it on your hand :)

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! I say do it!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring ! I think it will look stunning on your tiny finger.

Definately go with the ring you''ve tried on and love. Pictures of rings just aren''t the same as the real thing - It''s very hard to guess how something will look unless you''ve tried it on .

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s very pretty :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve seen that setting before and I''ve always liked it.

A one carat emerald cut is aprox. 6.5 mm x 5.0 mm give or take a little for the individuality of the stone. I think that size plus the halo will look very nice on a small finger.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My finger is under a size 3. I have settings that are very similar with 8 mm stones in them. That is about the max width I will go.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that setting! It will look lovely on you I am sure!

H

hlpkaixin3344

If you love it and keep coming back to in then this sounds like it could be the ring for you. Yes, 1 carat with a halo on a small finger
might look large...but for most of us thats a good thing. Are you worried its going to be too big? I''ve heard that other folks take
the size of the stone + add on the halo size and cut out a "stone" with those proportions. You can then set it on your finger and
see if you think it will be too big. The other option is to try and find some 1 carat rectangular stones with halos to try on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results