shape
carat
color
clarity

This can't possibly be healthy...

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I find myself staring at my ring constantly. I know in the grand scheme of things (it's new, this is the biggest diamond I've ever gotten, it's an engagement ring, etc), but when does it become an unhealthy obsession?

How long did it take before you stopped obsessively staring at your diamond (ring, earrings, pendant, whatever!)? :twirl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's supposed to stop? :cheeky:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
i still stare... 11 years now!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
What Haven said~ :bigsmile:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Erm, ditto. Yeah. You just get sneakier about looking at it!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
I agree with all the other posts, if you love it - stare at it!! :love: who cares!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:bigsmile: and my stone looks even prettier without my glasses or contacts, so you know it won't lose its appeal as your vision starts to fail ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1305755811|2925156 said:
:bigsmile: and my stone looks even prettier without my glasses or contacts, so you know it won't lose its appeal as your vision starts to fail ;))

:lol: Yay, something actually good about getting older!

Sheherizaad....I think jewelry and diamond lovers will always enjoy their jewelry! Just don't be doing all that staring while driving, ok?!!! :-o

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305757031|2925170 said:
Yssie|1305755811|2925156 said:

:lol: Yay, something actually good about getting older!

Sheherizaad....I think jewelry and diamond lovers will always enjoy their jewelry! Just don't be doing all that staring while driving, ok?!!! :-o

oh, we are not suppose to stare while driving? :blackeye:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
My obsession has not stopped yet - it's been over 26 years! When my DH tells me that he's going to Home Depot, I'm in the car before him!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
It never stops! :naughty:
That's the fun of it! ;))
I stare at all my diamonds every chance I get! :Up_to_something:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I especially love to stare at my diamond in the car, and even more at the gym. There are many days that catching the glimmer from
my rings is what gets me through the long workout!

I hope it never ends!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I'm obsessed too! And my FI is beginning to be obsessed as well :rodent: Every opportunity he has, he will turn my hand so the ring faces him! :rolleyes:

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yeah the car thing is where it starts to get a little tricky!!! Before you know it they'll make a new law about not staring at your diamond and driving!!! :twirl: :twirl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stare away and enjoy that beauty. :bigsmile:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
never :lol:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have what she has...a problem. Outside I sm worried I will fall down...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's a new Tiffany in the by my house (which happens to be a two-minute drive away) so I went in today to have some fun trying on celebration rings. Well, the stacking rings were nice and everything but I just kept on staring at MY diamond! It was pretty pathetic, but they DO have wonderful lighting in there so it was looking especially delicious. :lickout:

The saleslady told me that they don't use much rose gold because white gold shows off the stones so much better, and then she asked if my stone was a D or E because it was so sparkly. :-o I thought they were better educated in there. (My stone is an O/P!)

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I don't know ladies... its pretty bad.

I've tripped over dogs and children while staring.
I stare at it and giggle like a little schoolgirl randomly.
I've hit doors while staring at it.
I clean it every night.
Ive stopped seeing other jewelry (I no longer wear a RHR).
I take random pictures of it just because...
I stare at the pictures and compare them to the ring.
And at night when I go to sleep, I use the "flashlight" feature on my phone and point it at my ring to watch the scintillation!!

I think I need help!! Lol

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Sheherizaad|1305777161|2925464 said:

I clean it every night.
And at night when I go to sleep, I use the "flashlight" feature on my phone and point it at my ring to watch the scintillation!!

hahahaha

you're not alone :) FI thinks I'm crazy!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean there are other things to look at?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I think we have an obsession! I stare all the time and my husband will catch me doing it and say "yes, it still looks good" in whatever situation I may be staring at it in.

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
Sheherizaad|1305745347|2924968 said:
I find myself staring at my ring constantly. I know in the grand scheme of things (it's new, this is the biggest diamond I've ever gotten, it's an engagement ring, etc), but when does it become an unhealthy obsession?

How long did it take before you stopped obsessively staring at your diamond (ring, earrings, pendant, whatever!)? :twirl:

My engagement ring, and later, my anniversary ring, are items I found myself gazing upon many, many times a day. My husband was telling me something once and he reached over and covered my right hand with his and said "Okay, now I've broken the spell" and went back to telling me what he was saying, lol.

Almost 21 years this Sept and I am still enamored of the rings and the man who gave them to me. :)

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

I clean it every night.

Love that! I just recently started putting on a RHR again. For a while, I was a one ring kind of gal. :D

My SO mentioned that he enjoys watching me stare at my ring all day because then he *knows* that I am really happy. I didn't even realize how much I do it until he pointed it out.

Your ring is BEYOND gorgeous. I don't blame you a bit. Congrats again!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I clean it every night.

If you get a laser-pointer, you get multi-colored scintillation of astonishing brightness.

Not that I've, uh, done that. Or anything.

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
Well, in my case I can't wait to HAVE that obsession! Hopefully will be buying our diamond in the next few months now that I've graduated from grad school and will start work next month. It will give me something to stare at on the train and on rounds and hanging out at home and in bed and and and.... :)

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
So um... what you guys are really saying is that it will never stop? And that it shouldn't stop? :naughty:

Oh well. I tried to seek help but I may as well just accept it will always be a part of our natures... :praise:

I originally thought that once I got my ring I would stop posting on this forum, but I have to say that this is like the most supportive forum EVER and I keep finding myself coming back. It's sincerely heartwarming to find people who consistently take time out of their day to help others save money, time and not only avoid misfortune! but help spread joy! :appl:

We should just call Pricescope "Diamonds Anonymous"... :D

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SIGN ME UP!!! "DA" charter members.. the ones with the black eyes and who recently rear ended the car in front of them.. "no officer I was not on my phone".. :roll: "I was looking at my ring"...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results