shape
carat
color
clarity

Third Time is a Charm, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely property! You are right, it''s perfect! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I never would have guessed that it was in TO, I didn't know there were row houses there. The space is so interesting and full of character. The layout is quirky but it really seems to work well. I am jealous you have found such a lovely place! We are in the process of buying out on the west coast of Canada, so we won't end up with something nearly as lovely, the market is just nutso out there! ETA I guess downtown TO isn't much better though!
3.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your house is gorgeous! It looks perfect. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I''m also jealous of those studs that you will be receiving soon. (I saw your RT thread) New house, new studs, what could be better?
9.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:49:54 AM
Author: tigian
Your house is gorgeous! It looks perfect. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I''m also jealous of those studs that you will be receiving soon. (I saw your RT thread) New house, new studs, what could be better?
9.gif

Haha I KNOW!!! The house is probably the only thing that could have taken my mind off those studs! haha

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! It''s beautiful! I hope everything goes smoothly.

On a side note, DH and I will be visiting Toronto soon. Any advice on what to see, where to eat, etc?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous. Looks like it came straight out of a magazine! Congrats~

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, what great news!! You must be so excited! It''s absolutely beautiful!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS! I''m so jealous!!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 1:45:31 PM
Author: snlee
Congratulations!!! It''s beautiful! I hope everything goes smoothly.

On a side note, DH and I will be visiting Toronto soon. Any advice on what to see, where to eat, etc?

Thanks snlee! When are you coming? How long? What type of food do you like? Where are you staying?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks NEL, Freke and D&T - I''m getting more excited! I just keep stressing about random things - did we over pay? Where will we put our clothes? Will our dream dining room table fit? haha

All things we can''t change anymore so I should let it all go right? haha

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS house, October! Congratulations! I love the colors they''ve chosen. Will you be changing it or do you think you''ll keep it the way it is?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:15:13 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
What a GORGEOUS house, October! Congratulations! I love the colors they''ve chosen. Will you be changing it or do you think you''ll keep it the way it is?

We love the colours they''ve chosen too!! We will for sure keep the main floor as is, and the second bedroom. I''d probably repaint the master and the third bedroom (the one with the crib in the pic). Other than that we want to change the fireplace - the pink tile doesn''t really do it for us. We''ll hold out and get a victorian reproduction gas fireplace I think.

Gah my stomach is in knots!

April20

Ideal_Rock
This house looks amazing! Congrats on such a great find.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to the pictures. I was about to say that the previous owners have GREAT taste -- l love the furniture. Then I read that the house was staged. It still looks gorgeous! I even love the red flower picture int he kitchen. ANd the backyard -- oooohhh, I''m jealous!
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m not gonna lie... I''m a little jealous! Its amazing! Congrats.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 3:52:29 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I keep coming back to the pictures. I was about to say that the previous owners have GREAT taste -- l love the furniture. Then I read that the house was staged. It still looks gorgeous! I even love the red flower picture int he kitchen. ANd the backyard -- oooohhh, I''m jealous!
9.gif

Haha Zoe - I''m the same. They are living there so I think it is partially staged - just all the ''stuff'' is gone and a few pieces are the stagers (I think the dining room table probably). We will probably set it up in a similar way.

My mom has offered us 2 hours with an interior designer as a housewarming gift, which is really nice. I think I''d prefer a bbq or something haha.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
OH. MY. DOG. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
*jaw dropping*

I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CONGRATS!!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! Im super-excited for you!! Congrats on finding the one!!! Its absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I LOVE it!!!!! Congratulations!!!! That kitchen is to die for!!!!!!

I can''t wait til you guys get to close and move in!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lauren, April, Clair, Trillionaire, Doodle, SDL and Dani - I''m coming around to the excited part slowly and your lovely posts help!

It is so funny - it is exactly what we were looking for and I''m freaking out because it is so permanent!! Hubby is so happy and relaxed about it - he says he feels relieved!

If anyone is the designer type - any suggestions for the fireplace? We don''t like it as is and it is currently unusable. We''d love a gas insert that fits with the Victorian style - any suggestions? What about for the mantle?

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:15:00 PM
Author: Snicklefritz
SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

Thanks Snicklefritz!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! I love older properties too.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your house is beautiful!
Love it
30.gif

It has so much character.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Ooooohhhh I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

We are currently looking as well but its still too pricey here in Los Angeles. Hopefully prices will continue to fall in our area so we can buy at our price.

You said that you didn''t buy at the price listed, how much less did you buy it, if you don''t mind me asking.

Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful new home! CONGRATS!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What a great space!

CONGRATS!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Charger, Tacori and Joelly!!

We have the termite inspection tomorrow at 2:30 so I will come back to update the thread!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Soo...just wanted to update everyone and say...

IT PASSED!!! [Insert happy dance emoticon here]

Went to the termite inspection today and fell more in love with the place. The guy who inspected it actually did the inspection last time back in 83 and said everything looked great. He thought it was a great house and he would let his daughter buy it.

So, hubs and I signed the waiver of conditions and have firmly bought the house!! Yippeee!!!

Oh and ps...I also realized that the walls in the LR/DR area are green. I totally thought they were grey!!

I took a picture of the paint cans and found out it is "Herbes de Provence" from Benjamin Moore.

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results