shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking of adding a halo to my e-ring

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
I have been taunted with the thought of halos lately! I am looking for opinions on adding a halo to my existing setting. Can it be done? Do you think it would look good? And last, does anyone know about how much it would cost? My ER is platinum. I would probably just want a simple halo... one that matches my side stones.

Here are a few pictures. My center stone is .47 and my ring size is 4.5, just fyi. Thank you! I really need help on this decision.

008_0.jpg
010_0.jpg
011.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it'd look stunning! However, I don't think you can add a halo to your existing setting. You'd probably have to buy a new setting completely. Simple stock halos in white gold can be purchased pretty inexpensively (say $700 - $1,800). More elaborate, hand made halos will be pretty expensive. Check out Whiteflash, Eternity Diamonds, and James Allen. Also, your e-ring is from Blue Nile, right? They have some nice halos too.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it *could* be done by a qualified jeweler, because you have a peg head: they'd cut away the cathedral shoulders, and replace the head either with an integrated halo, or with another peg head fitted into a halo. You'd need a really good bench, though, and it might actually run you about as much as a new setting. Maybe you could get something like a LOGR setting for a temp, keep your old setting, make sure you LOVE the halo style, and save up for the setting of your dreams?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it probably could be done but it would cost as much as starting over if you get a qualified bench to do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results