shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking of a tattoo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
My friend has her sons footprint on her shoulder. The tattoo artist made it look exactly like the the print on his birth certificate. It is in a very pale brown (henna'' ish). Something a little less obvious than an name.

just an idea.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2008 9:13:14 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
My friend has her sons footprint on her shoulder. The tattoo artist made it look exactly like the the print on his birth certificate. It is in a very pale brown (henna'' ish). Something a little less obvious than an name.

just an idea.
Now I like that one! It sounds very sweet, and with tiny delicate baby feet on your shoulder who could mistake that for anything other than what it is? I can see a grown son liking that and the possibilites for sentimental comments about it at his wedding one day would be almost endless....
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I like that idea too--especially since it''s done in light brown, it''d almost look like a birthmark!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Instead of just a name MILLER written out in whatever font, here''s an idea stolen from a friend of mine: she had her name, Sarah, written in really loopy letters that made it look like a butterfly. When you look at it, it looks like a butterfly and you''d never know it was her name. So it has meaning to her, but not necessarily to everyone who sees it.
2.gif

I think it''s funny that you can tell so obviously who has tattoos and who doesn''t reading this thread. I love my ''tramp stamp''. It''s a completely original design and means a hell of a lot to me! I put it on my back for some of the reasons LitChick mentioned...no stretching, hidden by clothes, and when I''m 80 and it''s saggin to the floor, I won''t be able to even see it, so who cares?!
3.gif
I have another on my foot and have plans for another on my arm or side, haven''t decided yet.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tgal- it seems you completely missed my point. I said "I think" and "should not" meaning, just because I think such and such is tacky doesn''t mean I''m going to go on about it on TV or to anyone. I''ve never walked up to someone with unpedicured feet and said they look tacky, but "classy" people have told me that my tattoo is inappropriate for a mother, slutty, etc.

This is not specifically to Tgal.
I know some people on this forum have gotten pretty upset over comments made about their rings which they can choose to wear/not wear. You don''t see people on here saying "Oh, I would NEVER wear a marquise stone!" They''d just say it''s not their preference. Why do people think it''s okay to judge on something that means more than a diamond (if only for the fact that you can''t take it off)? Why shouldn''t people get upset about someone saying something negative about a tattoo??

Anyway, LC, I''m glad you thought a tattoo through before you actually got it!! You could definitely get more bling!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 4:03:11 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Tgal- it seems you completely missed my point. I said ''I think'' and ''should not'' meaning, just because I think such and such is tacky doesn''t mean I''m going to go on about it on TV or to anyone. I''ve never walked up to someone with unpedicured feet and said they look tacky, but ''classy'' people have told me that my tattoo is inappropriate for a mother, slutty, etc.

This is not specifically to Tgal.
I know some people on this forum have gotten pretty upset over comments made about their rings which they can choose to wear/not wear. You don''t see people on here saying ''Oh, I would NEVER wear a marquise stone!'' They''d just say it''s not their preference. Why do people think it''s okay to judge on something that means more than a diamond (if only for the fact that you can''t take it off)? Why shouldn''t people get upset about someone saying something negative about a tattoo??

Anyway, LC, I''m glad you thought a tattoo through before you actually got it!! You could definitely get more bling!
Well then, I apologize for missing your point.
2.gif

To answer your question, since this is a diamond forum, people are more sensitive to that subject matter. It seems in other areas, while folks are civil, they''re more forthcoming with their opinions. Tacky is used to describe all kinds of things from what I''ve read on here.
40.gif

I agree with you...it would be nicer if people said "that''s not my preference" over lots of things, but c''est la vie.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tgal- gotcha
1.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 8:46:43 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
The tattoo think is losing its lustre for me. Oh well.

Maybe more bling. Seriously, Miller is addicted to bling (I know, I raised him well!). Every time we are at the mall, he walks straight into birks to check out the bling. What a kind baby!!!

Yes, More Bling!

I think the tattoo would be a cute idea if Miller could stay a baby forever. But, as you pointed out, someday he''ll grow up. I just can''t picture any boy as a teenager being particularly fond of the idea that his mother had his name tattooed on her anywhere. I work with lots and lots of teenage boys though, and they love their mothers, but I really don''t think they would "dig" that idea. After reading this thread, I nearly wanted to go to summer school Monday and say, "Hey, what would you boys think if you mom was to get a tattoo of your name on her back?" Of course then they''d be horribly distracted and get onto tangents about who''s mom was hot and who''s wasn''t, and I''d never get an answer, and it would take forever for them to settle back down and quit with the "your mom" comments.

Even if you don''t do it; it would be interesting to store the idea in your memory long enough to ask him when he''s older what he would have thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results