shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking engagment...what can i get for $10K?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brtrtwn

Rough_Rock
I feel like I want to spend approx $10K on a diamond engagment ring. I lean towards quality versus size however, I envision a diamond between 1-1.5K.

Can you give me a baseline to start my search? I would greatly appreciate any insight or help as I start this journey.

Thinking Oct in terms of timing so I should have plenty of time to comparision shop.

Thanks

JB

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! :-o DAMN! That would make a nice down payment for a house if you ask me. And I thought I was spending more than my sane limit with $5K on a 1 carat rock. Wish I had your job...:))

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
What are your priorities in terms of the C's? Do you need to have a certain color, clarity, cut (the most important in terms of a diamond's beauty) or carat weight? What shape are you looking for?

Read the tutorial here and the articles on www.pricescope.com. You can do some searches there to see what is available in your price range.

larry

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for eye clean and white diamond you should be able to go with a GIA or AGS certified diamond with a clarity of SI1 and a color of H. Just remember your most important factor will be the quaility of the cut.

If you have the time why don't you buy an Ideal-Scope and go check out some diamonds for yourself and see what you like best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results