shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking ahead to the wedding band (?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scud77

Rough_Rock
I am going to purchase an e-ring in the next couple weeks and wondered how much thought I should give to the wedding band.

More specifically, I am deciding between a setting with channel-set diamonds (a standard/simple version of this), or a solataire setting -- perhaps this one

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WFR-UKNptPr#)

[Please click the zoom feature to get the full look if you use the link.]

The question: with the channel style, I assume the wedding band would likely have diamonds that matched up with the channel set diamonds on the e-ring... but with the solataire, what are the options? Does it pretty much go with anything, or only plain bands, or is this too hard a question to answer? Or is this not something to worry about at all.

I am not really sure why I ask this, but perhaps it will help me choose between the 2 styles. The other wrinkle is that my girlfriend's best friend and sister have versions of the channel setting, which she likes, but I don't want to come too close to what they have.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just about anything goes with a simple solitaire. You could maybe get her a paved band setting and a matching paved band for her wedding band...lots of sparkle. Or a plain simple solitaire and a paved band for her wedding band (Im doing this).

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I just recently received my six prong round solitaire engagement ring and have been going to different jewelry stores to see what would match. I have found that channel or prong set is the best so far. However; sometimes I wish that I had gotten a matching wedding set so that I didn't have to deal with this. One reason why I did go that route was because I didn't see any matching weddings sets that had six prongs and that were in 18k yellow gold at Blue Nile or Whiteflash. Did you girlfriend tell you that she preferred a solitaire vs a matching wedding set?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Ame is your pave band coming from an internet jeweler?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure yet. We might buy the stones from online if they can get really tiny ones in the cut we like (like my solitaire) and then have the B&M put it together (I wanted 2pt or 3pt stones in a 4prong eternity band). If not I might buy from one of the vendors here.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Good luck. Chrono emailed about a website that has really nice diamond bands, www.signedpieces.com.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have definitely been to that site. I checked out dimendscassi too. I know what I want as far as look, just hoping the cut of stone I want comes that little.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
just wanted to add that in addition to channel vs. plain bands, you might want to see what each of these settings will look like w/ a circular band. Depending on the setting, there could be a bit of a "gap" between the e-ring and the band (bothers some, not others). Some people with this issue end up getting odd shaped or custom bands made to aviod the gap.
jsut something to think about...
oh! and my favorite look is solitare e-ring w/ eternity band, but thats just me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results