shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about making marquise pendant with pink halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I will have a .25 marquise that I would like to make into a pendant. I love pink and thought about using pink diamond melee to make a halo in rose gold.

The stones do not need to be a vibrant pink, but pink enough so that you can tell they are pink.

What size melee would be appropriate for .25 marquise?

What would be the price range for such stones?

Finally would this look silly???????????

.25 is not a very large by most peoples standards, but this stone has sentimental value and i would like to do something different than just a solitare pendant........

Any assistance would be appreciated.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
pink enough to be pink is going to be pretty expensive. i couldn''t even give a range, you would have to see if a vendor could even source them for you.
another option would be pink sapphires. they wouldn''t have the same scintillation as pink diamonds but in that size, i don''t think it would really matter. also, the pink sapphires would have more of a range of pink (light, med, dark) so you could get just the right hue that you want.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I agree that pink sapphires will be more cost effective as well as easier to obtain. Another option is to have your jeweler source some treated pink diamonds (i.e. diamonds that were not naturally pink but heated/chemical bathed to make them so. Still pricey but less expensive than naturally pink diamonds.

But I love the idea :)

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late response
1.gif

Thanks Belle and Molly for your suggestions!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of using pink sapphires, but I would prefer the lighter pink as opposed to the fushiapink.

Does anyone know of any reputable vendors where I could get light pink sapphire melee?

I have seen some on EBAY but i''m a little skeptical about the quality.

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
not ebay! no no no
no

your best bet is to have them sourced by the jeweler who is making the piece.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Then you missed a real stunner. Lot 205 at Christie''s last auction was a 5.54ct pink Marquise cut diamond. WOWZER, and I have never been a huge fan of marquise, but i AM converted. it seems they have a slight resurgence now...All over the auction houses the marquise are popping up this year like crazy and doing quite well...

I certainly wouldn''t kick it off my finger for being a marquise!
31.gif

I agree with the others to make it with pink sapphires. You can get less saturated pinks for a lighter color...much more cost effective I think...

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
So any recommendations on a vendor?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 10:39:47 PM
Author: marquiselover
So any recommendations on a vendor?
Leon mege (artofplatinum.com) would make something wonderful!!!

Brian knox at knoxjewelers.biz would be more budget friendly with still really nice workmanship. Their sapphires in their settings look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results