carat
color
clarity

Thinking about buying this diamond.. Feedback please

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
luvthisbar|1451031190|3966052 said:
On a 6k budget. Would like a 1.5 carat. Found this with HCA score of 1.2.
Has florescence so should appear less yellow. Will be center diamond on small diamond band setting.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.51-carat-k-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-807484

Within my budget. Should have good sparkle, fire and eye clean. Should also not appear to be too yellow.

Hi - just some general comments for consideration.
'Faint' florescence isn't likely to have any effect making a K colour appear less yellow.
If you're hoping for this effect in a lower colour grade, you may want to look for something with stronger fluorescence - a better chance with 'strong' or 'very strong'...but even that isn't a guarantee that it will make the stone look whiter - might want to ask the vendor to let you know if they can recommend a few for you to look at.
Another benefit of a diamond with stronger fluoro is that (all other things being equal) it should be slightly discounted over a stone with 'medium' or better florescence.
Also, keep in mind that if you're getting a band with small diamonds, make sure to get like-with-like --- if the smalls are a few colour grades higher there will be too much of a colour difference.
Another suggestion you could think about, might be to go a bit higher in colour and lower in clarity - - there are lots of eye-clean SI1s out there (just have to do some hunting) that will allow you to up the colour grade.
You can play around with, and balance out the 4Cs to still work to your budget and get a nice eye clean stone that faces up quite white.
Hope this helps

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luvthisbar

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the diamond TYTY. I currently have this on hold:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.51-carat-k-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-813499

Excellent hca scores. It is going in a white gold setting with non-certified "I" color side diamonds. I was waiting to have a talk with JAs gemologist by they said it wont be until a few days into the new year.

Meanwhile I found this for 1200 more. Thoughts on what might be a better diamond and if its going to be worth spending the extra 1200. This has great scores as well:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.52-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-821951

thanks

luvthisbar

Rough_Rock
*bump* anyone want to chime in?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
The K that tyty333 found is a gorgeous stone. The J is good but not as gorgeous. I would go with the K unless you prefer the to get a J color stone. Take the extra $1200 and get a kickass setting :naughty:

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Even though that J is a VS2 that black inclusion under the table has me questioning whether it's truly eye clean. If you tilt the stone and view it at various angles you may be able to notice it. I personally feel there's quite bit of tint in the jump from J to K. However I would still probably choose the K.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results