shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about buying a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kelly

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I am thinking about buying a 3/4 diamond. I have been doing the research, (did not on my first diamond and it shows).I have looked on-line but am still just a little scared about on-line purchase. My first purchase was at a mall jewelry store and they will give me the full price plus 25% for my diamond.....but they use IGI which doesnt have cut info. Should I just forget the money I may get for my first diamond? and just throw it in trash? I have gone to several jewelers but the one I thought had a good reputation, the guy said all buyers pay the same price for diamonds and their is not much of a markup margin, when I asked if he would negotiate price of a diamond I was interested in. Any advice? :wavey: Am in the Hampton Roads Virginia area.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I give the jeweler high marks for making a statement to you that stopped you cold for negotiating a price. Try the search on Pricescope and see what your needs will cost you. Then, do whatever you want to see if anyonbe local is willing to compete for your business. If not, you have many fine choices of dependable vendors on Pricescope.

It is so easy to do this right.

kelly

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply oldminer. I havent given up am just starting to look. It is easy to get info, but seems hard to get the price I want, because I looked on pricescope, so now I know how good prices can be!p.s. am looking at round AGS 0 IF D-F but may change as search goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results