Premium
Numbers look perfect!!! Can't wait to hear! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the proportions!!... :love:

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Beyond perfect proportions! That will be one smashing sparkling gorgeous stone! :love:

yud1

Rough_Rock
Looks so nice~ cant wait your pics on it. :D

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it look so nice, can't wait to see the picture too. :))

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
We have a winner!!! Finally, after months and months (maybe even a year?) of searching for the perfect stone off and on...It has arrived!

Hard to take photos because the fire was blinding the camera 8-) :

photo__15_.jpg

photo__14__0.jpg

photo__12_.jpg

For a size reference with my fat finger:
photo__13__1.jpg

Now I just have to think about the setting!

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
Here are the stats from the certificate. Not sure if BlueNile takes it down or not.

3.33 CT (9.64 x 9.66x 5.92)
F
VS2
GIA Ex/Ex/Ex
55% Table
61.4% Depth
34.5 crown angle
40.8 pavilion angle

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!!

(Fix your 30.8 on your pavilion to be 40.8.)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outstanding!!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so happy for you!!! (And HER especially! :lol: )

What kind of setting are you thinking of? Because it would be really simple to direct you straight to Steven Kirsch.

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
I am thinking Leon Mege? I am really undecided, but it's between these two:

https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/one-carat-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-micro-pave-811

or

https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/engagement-ring-wedding-band-set

or

https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/classic-solitaire-engagement-ring

Not really sure to be honest. I just know I want it to look classic - not gaudy or antique. GF has been back and forth when it comes to the halo so I think she'd be happy either way. I'd like to get like a couple pink diamonds in there hidden somewhere so it's unique/custom.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would personally choose Steven Kirsch over LM. He used to work for Leon and then went out on his own. We have seen some cases where is work is better than LM's bench.

Do you mind some thoughts on those settings? The first one is fine if you want a halo, but I personally wouldn't halo a stone over 3 cts. I will link a comparison thread for you on halo rings made by 3 pave masters. The second one is just not designed well. It has one of the worst baskets I have ever seen. The third one cannot be worn with the matching wedding band unless a plain spacer band is worn between them because the diamond sides will rub each other. It is best not to have diamonds on the sides of the shank. You mainly only see the top anyway. I am going to look and see if I can offer you some other suggestions.

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
I am getting the stone from Perry at Leon's place so I think it would be awkward if I went elsewhere?

I am in agreement about the pave only on the top, makes sense to me.

I was thinking about the pave band and basket with a six prong head? Might look nice.

From that comparison thread, Steven looked the worst? Just my opinion. I thought Victor Canera looked good, but I live in NYC...easier to get it done here.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOWYAY! YUM F color--lucky ducky!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steven Kirsch Halos:

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/halo.html?limit=all

French cut sides can be magnificent:

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/solitaire/r0201.html (can be straight and not tapered, too)

Preciosa is gorgeous on a large stone:

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/solitaire/r0202.html

Now for a person who had three halo rings made by LM, Steven Kirsch, and Victor Canera (who is in LA or else I might recommend him strongly):

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/comparison-photos-of-my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/comparison-photos-of-my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/[/URL]

Okay, just saw you found this on your own! You don't have to go out there to see him. Most of us who have had him make something never went there. He is wonderful to work with and does exquisite, perfect work.

For me personally, it goes in this order of preference: VC, SK, LM.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And no, not awkward. Take possession of your stone and tell them you are still looking around at settings. YOu do need that stone insured and it might be necessary to get it into a cheap $300 setting in order to insure it. You may be able to get a Chubb personal articles policy which is the very best (they do cash payouts) with a stone at that value. Then you can revise the policy once the new setting is done. People here have said they no longer will write a jewelry policy if you don't have another policy with them, but I think they make exceptions for exceptional pieces.

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
I was thinking something just like the Preciosa! Maybe instead of the side pieces having curves I would just do them straight though. I like the detail on that piece.

You think SK would do the same style better than LM? I would guess it would be practically identical?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ManhattanSpin|1359595817|3368062 said:
I was thinking something just like the Preciosa! Maybe instead of the side pieces having curves I would just do them straight though. I like the detail on that piece.

You think SK would do the same style better than LM? I would guess it would be practically identical?

YES, have SK make it. There have been some structural issues with some rings that have come from LM and I have not seen any from SK or VC.

The only reason that SK ring was different in Frankie's comparison thread is that that ring was made for her mother who chose the pave on the sides of the halo which many of us do not like. He makes a plain side halo, too!

But I like the Preciosa a lot for a large stone. I like it as it is with the elegant curved sides, though! But SK will give you his advice on design, I am sure!

My personal vote is for the Preciosa for your gorgeous stone! (And have him make a matching wedding band once you are certain of her size. Leave a sizing area at the base of the e-ring.)

And....SK is in the same building as LM, so you won't have to go far to deliver the diamond! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing. I think the size of your diamond is going to look even better in the Preciosa than the 5 ct stone pictured because it will be more in proportion. But part of the reason for the slight curve on the sides is that the tops of those sides also have diamonds that show from the top. The curves just make it look more elegant. I really love that design as it is.

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
Alright, I'll shop around! Setting is easy compared to the stone search!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock
Met with Leon Mege. He was great and very personable. I let him run the show because I trust him to create something spectacular and figure he knows the intricacies of ring design better than I. I'll share the final product in a month or two! :)

Decided on a micro pave band and pave on the basket, and prongs. Should look good!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure it will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures!

ManhattanSpin

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, no pave on the doughnut and have him make the matching wedding band. If you also want to give her the large eternity, if possible, size it so she could wear on either hand for times that she doesn't want to wear the wedding set. But if finger sizes are too different, size the large eternity for the right hand so she can still wear the halo and thin wedding band on her left hand. Best of both worlds.

I adore that ring other than the pave on the doughnut. A solitaire like that just needs the thin matching band to look complete.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results