shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I found it! It''s not a 3 ct. but close enough! Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
GIA 2.68 ct.
9.02 x 9.08 x 5.47mm
G color...closer to an F at the appraiser
SI2
Cut: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

Depth: 60.4
Table: 56
Crown angle: 35
Pavilion angle: 40.8
Lower star: 85
Girdle: Very Thin-Medium (faceted)

HCA: 1.4

My only concern is the inclusions......it is basically just 3 twinning wisps for the most part. They are absolutely invisible in regular light/daylight. However if you are in a bright area and completely shade the diamond with your hand, they are visible.....if you are looking and have VERY good vision like I do. In the shaded light, they almost look like dark inclusions, yet under the microscope, they are white.

They are closer to the edges, not in the center. Will this look worse or better when it is set in a basic Tiffany six prong platinum setting?

So, what gives? What makes it look 100% eyeclean other than in fully shaded light?

Otherwise, I think I found the perfect combo of a gorgeous big stone for less money....budget was an issue when locating a stone :)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look good. That is your appraiser or the seller''s?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
My appraiser......I had it called in for a viewing. When she showed me against the master grading set, she was right....it is closer to an F than a G and that was with NO UV light.

I also had another one called in to compare the 2. The other one was a 2.69/G/SI2.VG/VG/VG and was a few thousand less but the cut was not as good as this one. It had scored a 4.9 on the HCA and had a black inclusion so I passed on that one for sure.

My only worry with this is the inclusions in shaded light....then again, it is probably near impossible to find an almost 3 ct. SI2 and see NO inclusions in shaded light, right?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably very difficult. Why didn''t you ask the appraiser about thw twining wisp? :razz:

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^I did ask her about it :) She said the same thing as me.....it is only visible in VERY bright indoor lighting when your hand is shading it. It makes the twinning wisps visible. I was just curious to see if it will be better or worse once set....I should have asked her but I did not think about it until I got home.
Realistically, is ANYONE ever going to see the twinning wisps....no....I guess I am looking for more of a mind-clean/peace of mind thing that hopefully it won't be MORE noticeable when set KWIM?
Even the appraiser could not make out the wisps as well as me with the naked eye....DAMN me for getting LASIK and having 20/15 vision. LMAO!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can see them in the shade because with less light, there is less reflecting back at you and so you can actually see the body of the diamond, including the inclusions. It is the same with my G SI2. I can see the little peppers only in certain lighting and when I look for them.

I really think that with SI2 diamonds, you will always see something in some lighting or other. Eye clean means face up 10 inches and under "normal" lighting conditions. Shade and closer than 10 inches and squinting your eyes is not normal viewing conditions
3.gif
You have to embrace the inclusions in an SI2. I always remind myself that is would cost a lot of money to get rid of the inclusions, and then ask myself would it be worth it to me. Usually my answer is "no" and my diamond is 1.2ct, meaning the cost of getting rid of the pepper would be much less than your cost of getting rid of the whisps. Is getting rid of them worth more than a few thousand dollars to you? If not, then learn to love them. And don''t look at your diamond in the shade.
2.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i think it fulfills all your requirements and once set and on your hand no one will notice the inclusions!

kristie

Shiny_Rock
I think you are all right....also, for this size stone, we are talking $7-15,000 more for an SI1-VS2 range...scary! This is already my "upgrade" so maybe in another five years or so maybe I will go up in clarity :)

The thing darn near blinded me in the sun! I was very fortunate that I was able to look at it in every imaginable type of lighting at the appraiser. Of course, I am a nitpicker (albeit one that LOVES 2ct+ diamonds) so I notice everything that is flawed....the budget did not allow for that size though with a quality cut and higher clarity.

I will learn to embrace my little twinning wisps, LOL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it your appraiser said the very thin girdle wasn''t an issue?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
My appraiser said it is only "very thin" on four very small areas. The rest is medium :)
She said it was nothing that she was concerned with.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
sounds like you found a good one then!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 3:34:40 PM
Author: kristie
My appraiser said it is only ''very thin'' on four very small areas. The rest is medium :)
She said it was nothing that she was concerned with.
That sounds fine Kristie.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! Now where are the photos
11.gif

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^^Soon! It was sent back to the broker to be set :)
Hopefully late next week!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results