shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I’m going with a bezel and halo

This will be beautiful @YadaYadaYada and is right up my alley!

@tyty333, I really love your set so much but do not want to copy your design, I hope you don’t see it as too similar.

Still waiting on CADS but will share them once I can!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts? Also a couple folks mentioned milgrain on the underside, I’m up in the air on that for some reason. Will it look odd/unfinished if I don’t do that? TIA!
0427FF4F-5C8A-4ECF-B434-8C134CC7EB69.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, you have done a lot of bezels with David, how does this look? Also should the airline show on the CAD? I am going to confirm there is one just to be safe.

Thoughts? Also a couple folks mentioned milgrain on the underside, I’m up in the air on that for some reason. Will it look odd/unfinished if I don’t do that? TIA!
0427FF4F-5C8A-4ECF-B434-8C134CC7EB69.jpeg

Hm....not seeing much of an airline here. But then again I'm rubbish at reading CADs. I'm sure someone with more expertise or a keener eye will chime in soon.

And FWIW, I'd vote no on having milgrain on the underside. Crazy IKR? But I really do prefer the look of a sleeker, cleaner gallery. And maybe it's bc milgrain on the bottom reminds me of undergrowths...like barnacles on a boat :lol:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I don’t see an airline either @YadaYadaYada Is there supposed to be one? I thought the inspiration did not have an airline....
Also as for the milgrain on the gallery...eh, I can’t even see my gallery and yours is steep and tucked under so I don’t know if it’s necessary here.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 this is the inspiration for the top so there is a little bit of an airline here. I feel like a bit of an airline gives it a little more visual interest. Not sure though whether to just ask for one or if I have to specify how large of one I would like?

I am leaning towards no milgrain or “barnacles” on the underside.

6931D564-83D9-48B4-80CD-D2C2F2D92414.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I see that now @YadaYadaYada I would definitely confirm that he is adding an airline. Sometimes these things can’t be shown in the cad maybe.
Calling @CHRISTY-DANIELLE who has an airline and used dk.
Is 12mm the face-up width you are comfortable with, with your other ring?
Yeah. The milgrain most likely won’t be seen anyway while it’s on.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure that pendant has an airline. It looks like (from this one angle) that the bezel is highly polished until the millegrain added on top. The shine appears like there’s an airline, but it looks (to me... in this one angle) like it’s an optical illusion.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure that pendant has an airline. It looks like (from this one angle) that the bezel is highly polished until the millegrain added on top. The shine appears like there’s an airline, but it looks (to me... in this one angle) like it’s an optical illusion.

I took a second look after seeing your comment and I see what you’re saying. I’ve asked him to add an airline but everything else to my eyes looks good.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep... here’s screenshots from DK’s video on the pendant. It’s highly polished white gold bezel with millegrain on the top of the white Bezel and the inner and outer rims of the yellow gold outer circle. Super beautiful either way.
5686094C-F7C6-430A-A325-1891D7027848.jpeg 9D43D525-E8B2-40E5-B345-B9267C38D319.jpeg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be awesome! I am excited for you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Gussie, I am pretty excited!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have an opinion on airline vs no airline? This is the only thing left to decide.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, that’s a good point @Gussie.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha ok I read through l the posts and I’m still laughing about barnacles on a boat! Oh, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen how you thrill me. But I do agree! No barnacles! I love the sleekness of no milgrain. As for the airline, I vote no. But I’ve never been a fan of airlines. Most of the time with a few exceptions, I feel like they are an afterthought that ruins the fluidity of the design. I do like how the bezel is slightly raised though. Good call.

eta: I think I’m gonna start using “barnacles on boat!” as a substitute for “dammit”. Like, I‘ll stub my toe and instead of yelling dammit! I’ll yell “BARNACLES ON A BOAT! That smarts!!!”

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I don't personally care for an airline. It only adds a small bit of dimension and I think it makes it harder to clean. Think of hand sanitizer in that space.

Gross. I never thought of that. I always just disliked them from a design standpoint. And theres so many other grosser things than hand sanitizer that can get in there...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, I never had a ring with an airline until I got this one and I think that’s what turned me on to them:

5EE469D3-E5C6-4E71-9F35-4579A685B98A.jpeg

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day, I never had a ring with an airline until I got this one and I think that’s what turned me on to them:

5EE469D3-E5C6-4E71-9F35-4579A685B98A.jpeg

I dunno why... I’ve just never liked the negative space. But it’s your ring! You do what makes your heart pitter patter! I think you’ll know when you see it cuz when reviewing my CADs, I tried something new but when I got the plastic and tried it on, I just felt like something was off. But as soon as I got rid of a certain design, I just felt so at ease and like the design was truly me again.
I say ask DK for both CADs and both plastics and see which one really speak to you. Either way, it’s going to be gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your input. It’s greatly appreciated!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Airline CAD. I’m having him send me the wax with the airline because I like the extra little bit of diameter. I realize it is a small difference but with larger fingers I’ll take all the help I can get!

3A7B14B3-ED34-47EE-BB68-512871D12BDA.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it but do notice that the width is the same as before without the airline. It seems he made the outer bezel a tad narrower.
I like it!! But after having something similar I will say (IMO) the darker line around the stone/bezel makes my stone appear smaller. In my experience of course.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it but do notice that the width is the same as before without the airline. It seems he made the outer bezel a tad narrower.
I like it!! But after having something similar I will say (IMO) the darker line around the stone/bezel makes my stone appear smaller. In my experience of course.

Thank you for catching that, I am not at my best today. Spent the morning trying to catch a neighbor’s dog that got loose. Hours in the rain with the animal control officer and we still didn’t get him! So I’m a bit exhausted.

I appreciate though your perspective about an airline making the center stone look smaller. Do you have a pic of your ring with the airline? I’m just so worried about messing this up!

Thank you for catching that, I am not at my best today. Spent the morning trying to catch a neighbor’s dog that got loose. Hours in the rain with the animal control officer and we still didn’t get him! So I’m a bit exhausted.

I appreciate though your perspective about an airline making the center stone look smaller. Do you have a pic of your ring with the airline? I’m just so worried about messing this up!

So sorry to hear about your neighbor's dog! Hope the doggo comes home soon.

I'm gonna reiterate @Spring Day's suggestion to ask for two molds, one with airline and one without. That way you can compare them in person and go from there. What do you think about that?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this reset plan, I was afraid that you would regret losing the halo but this will give you great finger converage.
Just a vote for the airline gap, I think it will add to the face down appearance of the ring. Make it a little less two dimensional and I think a smaller outer bezel will be better proportionally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results