shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I’m going with a bezel and halo

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I came up with after deciding a larger cluster with airlines was going to be too large at 19mm. I mean, is there such a thing? Not sure, but I would hate to get a ring and not wear it.

Decided to look at David’s IG and immediately was drawn to this pendant. The bezel would be yellow with a platinum halo. Also there would be flowers at the north, south, east and west points just like the one you see at the top.

285E1BA8-5446-4C66-AE38-5648ADF1A677.jpeg

I’m not super fussy about the bottom half but I thought this would work:

9284BCFB-32AE-470D-ABDF-5478B03312BD.jpeg

Basically everything except the halo will be yellow gold. I figure this way the diamond has yellow right next to it to enhance the color but has contrast with a white halo. Also the engraving and flowers give it a bit more of a vintage feel. This will be my first bezel set piece, I’m looking forward to having something that I don’t have to worry about a whole bunch of diamonds with....or prongs!

Just waiting on the Cad from David, bless him he has the patience of a saint!

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
I love this design. I have bookmarked as well. Can’t wait to see the final result

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what I came up with after deciding a larger cluster with airlines was going to be too large at 19mm. I mean, is there such a thing? Not sure, but I would hate to get a ring and not wear it.

Decided to look at David’s IG and immediately was drawn to this pendant. The bezel would be yellow with a platinum halo. Also there would be flowers at the north, south, east and west points just like the one you see at the top.

285E1BA8-5446-4C66-AE38-5648ADF1A677.jpeg

I’m not super fussy about the bottom half but I thought this would work:

9284BCFB-32AE-470D-ABDF-5478B03312BD.jpeg

Basically everything except the halo will be yellow gold. I figure this way the diamond has yellow right next to it to enhance the color but has contrast with a white halo. Also the engraving and flowers give it a bit more of a vintage feel. This will be my first bezel set piece, I’m looking forward to having something that I don’t have to worry about a whole bunch of diamonds with....or prongs!

Just waiting on the Cad from David, bless him he has the patience of a saint!

Yay!!! I’m sooooo excited for you @YadaYadaYada! It’s going to be beautiful!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh! I love this!! It’s right up my alley! Can’t wait to see CADs!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Love this design and the engraving is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see it!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
This is going to be gorgeous, can't wait for pics! :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought: my personal preference would be to add a small donut to the base of the gallery.

Okay help me out with donuts. What is the benefit?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! I’m taking these comments as reassurance that my idea isn’t terrible lol!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you plan to wear bands with this ring and how do you fall on a gap vs no gap? That would help us help you.

Yes to bands, I actually told him that and how tall my bands are and asked him to make sure the height will allow. I prefer no gap.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to bands, I actually told him that and how tall my bands are and asked him to make sure the height will allow. I prefer no gap.

Then in that case, I wouldn’t bother with a donut personally. Unless @molecule can elaborate the advantage of one. I’d love to know as well.
I really like the gallery and the whole design is lovely. You could have him milgrain those gallery petals....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds like it will be wonderful!
I can't wait to see how this works out.
I'm sure that with Yada as the designer, it will be a home run!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, you have lots of bezel rings (all beautiful) do you have a standard height you request and do you get a donut or no? My only worry with height is too high and it will look like a flying saucer!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada my last two bezels have been 6.4mm and 6.8mm rise from finger. I like ‘em low and stackable!!

ETA I just checked another CAD I had and it was 7.22mm. That was a good height too.

Second Edit: I do not use a donut. Happy to share my CADs off board if interested :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1! Now at least I have some idea what a good height is.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Thanks @Spring Day, honestly I feel like I’m throwing spaghetti at the wall, at least up to this point!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I miss a new rock @YadaYadaYada ? Please share for those that might have missed it. (Me.) ;-)

Mine is probably a pebble by PS standards lol! It’s the ring in my avatar. Old mine cut 6.5mm. Very puffy crown, I just love her. I’m just trying to get this one into a forever ring because this current setting is a little too lightweight.
926B0D90-2CB5-4DD6-9805-CF2FE75CEA60.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Mine is probably a pebble by PS standards lol! It’s the ring in my avatar. Old mine cut 6.5mm. Very puffy crown, I just love her. I’m just trying to get this one into a forever ring because this current setting is a little too lightweight.
926B0D90-2CB5-4DD6-9805-CF2FE75CEA60.jpeg

Ooh I love the color! And it's going to look * amazing* in the setting you chose!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Welp, it's not a pebble to me :love:
I love the idea of an engraved bezel being contrasted in color to the rest of the ring. The flower 'points' are going to be beautiful. I also give a vote to milgrain the under gallery.
On to the CADS!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a similar engraved halo DK made for me in his 14k palladium wg (so you can see a wg engraved halo). It is one of my favorite rings. Comfortable and effortless.

Screenshot_20201026-174149_Gallery.jpg
Thank you for this, it’s a beautiful ring, any time I see a blue zircon I think of you. Effortless, that’s what I’m going for, no worrying about prongs or other diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results