shape
carat
color
clarity

Things your co-workers to that drive you batty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got a new cube neighbor. Plays music. In his cube. BAD music. It''s called an IPOD and HEADPHONES BUDDY, invest!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Picks his nose. {Shudder}

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reply-All button.

''nuff said.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coughing. CONSTANT coughing. He has three kids who must bring home every blessed germ that goes through their school, and then give it to dear old Dad. Oh, and that coughing I mentioned? There's no mouth covering. None at all. And the best part is when he has a bunch of phlegm in his throat and sits there going "hhhhhhhhck" to get it out! Bleeeeeeech!!!!!
emotion-41.gif

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention the fingernail clipping! And the interrupting me while I'm on the phone with a client!!!
29.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Passive-aggressive notes. And not the funny ones like on this site, either.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:40:20 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Coughing. CONSTANT coughing. He has three kids who must bring home every blessed germ that goes through their school, and then give it to dear old Dad. Oh, and that coughing I mentioned? There''s no mouth covering. None at all. And the best part is when he has a bunch of phlegm in his throat and sits there going ''hhhhhhhhck'' to get it out! Bleeeeeeech!!!!!
emotion-41.gif

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention the fingernail clipping! And the interrupting me while I''m on the phone with a client!!!
29.gif

IG!
35.gif

I was just thinking about you! Thought you went missing!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
One of our salesmen giggles. All the dang time. All day long. High pitched, and girlie squealin''. I''m just way too uptight and businesslike for that not to annoy the heck out of me.
2.gif

What worries me is that he said he laughs because he is on medication for being both bipolar and schizo.
6.gif
23.gif
I hope I''m out the day the medicine wears off, or he forgets to take it, and he decides to ''go postal''.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and this one woman always shuffles her feet. NEVER picks them up. ALL DAY LONG and it drives me insane!
29.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 7:48:16 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Coughing. CONSTANT coughing. He has three kids who must bring home every blessed germ that goes through their school, and then give it to dear old Dad. Oh, and that coughing I mentioned? There''s no mouth covering. None at all. And the best part is when he has a bunch of phlegm in his throat and sits there going ''hhhhhhhhck'' to get it out! Bleeeeeeech!!!!!
emotion-41.gif

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention the fingernail clipping! And the interrupting me while I''m on the phone with a client!!!
29.gif

IG!
35.gif

I was just thinking about you! Thought you went missing!
Hey, girlie girl!!! How have ya been?
35.gif

Sorry I haven''t been around much lately. Things have been INSANE and I haven''t been getting my PS time. I was getting cranky due to PS withdrawal, so I decided I''d better log on and say "hi" before DH kicks me out!
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 7:48:43 PM
Author: HollyS
One of our salesmen giggles. All the dang time. All day long. High pitched, and girlie squealin''. I''m just way too uptight and businesslike for that not to annoy the heck out of me.
2.gif

What worries me is that he said he laughs because he is on medication for being both bipolar and schizo.
6.gif
23.gif
I hope I''m out the day the medicine wears off, or he forgets to take it, and he decides to ''go postal''.
LOL! Holly, be reeeeeally nice to that guy . . . like Skippy nice! You never know when he''s gonna snap!
32.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
At my last place of employment, my office was across the hall from the front desk, and our receptionist was a huge gossip. She and another one of my coworkers would gather and whisper ALL DAY, and I was stuck feeling awkward in my own office. I couldn't close the door (much) either, because I had people stopping by constantly to talk to me.

It drove me nuts.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-41.gif

29.gif

32.gif
My boss does this and it drives me batty! Why can''t people do this at home?!

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
I am an engineer. And most of the stereotypes you hear about engineers being weird are true. Here are some of the things that people do in my office that drive me batty.

1. Clipping your nails at work. Please take care of personal hygiene at home. I had one coworker cut his nails in a meeting once. Just let the clippings fly all over the room and left them there.

2. Talk loudly on the phone about personal stuff. I admit, I am sometimes an offender on this one. Not too loudly, hopefully, but my husband does call me at work. But I can hear the guy who sits two cubes over from me talking (loudly) about his divorce on the phone almost every day.

3. Not learning how to use headphones and making unneccessary sounds. One coworker of mine has lots of sound effects at his desk. He thinks they are clever/witty. He has one of those big red buttons from Staples, that when you press says "that was easy." He presses it at sporadic moments throughout the day. He''s got a new one this week that makes the sound that happens when you die in a video game. He also listens to videos on his computer with no headphones.

4. This is not a general one, but one guy I used to work with picked his chest hair and ate it. It was a nervous tick. Now you know what I have to deal with
7.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 7:56:22 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007

emotion-41.gif

29.gif

32.gif
My boss does this and it drives me batty! Why can''t people do this at home?!
LOL! DD, maybe it''s an attorney thing?
37.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The good thing about having a brand new job is that my coworkers don''t annoy me at all!
3.gif

At my old job, however...hmm...I guess the most annoying thing was occasionally being asked my opinion by my boss when he already had his mind made up. I would just want to be like "So why are you asking me again? Do you just want to argue with me?!"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:28:26 PM
Author: Porridge
Picks his nose. {Shudder}
ick, I have seen many people do that; as if people think no one sees them.
14.gif
I don't forget either (note to self don't touch anything they touch).

clicking pens or pencils none stop; jingling change in pockets (a few men I knew did this).

shaking the table in a conference room because they are shaking their leg

listening to country music. hehe

meresal

Ideal_Rock
OMG... where do I start...

There's my old manager, who continues to ask me questions from two cubes away... and yes, that would be over the head of the woman that sits behind me. I've become a "very" selctive listener
2.gif
It's ok, we don't like her for lots of reasons. Ever had a boss that treats you like their daughter? Passive agressive attitude and ALL. I could do an entire "Who's Who" thread on her.

The the woman that uses the printer next to me that sniffles alllllllll day long. She's says it's allergies, but I swear it's just a habit that she has gotten into... you know, a learned behavior.

Then the older man, I wrote about him a few weeks ago, that lets everyone know when he disagrees with something. That's ohh so enjoyable. And the fact that pretty much anyone in our area could take a call for him if he was out, becasue his phone conversations are at such a loud level, we know everything that he is doing. He the guy that everyone "requested" not to sit next to when we re-arranged after the hurricane. He sits next to "sniffles" now.

And then the girl that sits behind me. Shes the one that listens to what everyone is saying, and if she hears a conversation she might be interested in... *poof* there she is! It's super uncomfortable. Ohh and she refers to her father in conversations as "Dad"... no posessive to it, just "Dadand I went to the park this weekend." It's weird to me. However, I think she might have an adult form of autism, for many other reasons, not just this.

Everyone else is awesome.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"one guy I used to work with picked his chest hair and ate it"

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Oh, no. They would have had to take him for a psych evaluation. Geez. Us.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:57:30 PM
Author: so cal girl
I am an engineer. And most of the stereotypes you hear about engineers being weird are true. Here are some of the things that people do in my office that drive me batty.

1. Clipping your nails at work. Please take care of personal hygiene at home. I had one coworker cut his nails in a meeting once. Just let the clippings fly all over the room and left them there.

2. Talk loudly on the phone about personal stuff. I admit, I am sometimes an offender on this one. Not too loudly, hopefully, but my husband does call me at work. But I can hear the guy who sits two cubes over from me talking (loudly) about his divorce on the phone almost every day.

3. Not learning how to use headphones and making unneccessary sounds. One coworker of mine has lots of sound effects at his desk. He thinks they are clever/witty. He has one of those big red buttons from Staples, that when you press says ''that was easy.'' He presses it at sporadic moments throughout the day. He''s got a new one this week that makes the sound that happens when you die in a video game. He also listens to videos on his computer with no headphones.

4. This is not a general one, but one guy I used to work with picked his chest hair and ate it. It was a nervous tick. Now you know what I have to deal with
7.gif
OMG!!! I would have vomited at my desk. YUCK!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 8:08:25 PM
Author: meresal

Date: 4/8/2009 7:57:30 PM
Author: so cal girl

3. Not learning how to use headphones and making unneccessary sounds. One coworker of mine has lots of sound effects at his desk. He thinks they are clever/witty. He has one of those big red buttons from Staples, that when you press says ''that was easy.'' He presses it at sporadic moments throughout the day. He''s got a new one this week that makes the sound that happens when you die in a video game. He also listens to videos on his computer with no headphones.

7.gif
OMG!!! I would have vomited at my desk. YUCK!!!
Seriously!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
40.gif
14.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 7:26:05 PM
Author:Gypsy
Got a new cube neighbor. Plays music. In his cube. BAD music. It''s called an IPOD and HEADPHONES BUDDY, invest!
Hmmm . . . Gypsy, do you guys do a Christmas gift exchange at your office? If so, maybe you could arrange to draw his name!
2.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 8:11:16 PM

Hmmm . . . Gypsy, do you guys do a Christmas gift exchange at your office? If so, maybe you could arrange to draw his name!
2.gif
or Easter!!
3.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I have a coworker that talks incessantly. I mean absolutely nonstop rambling. About nothing. Dumb stuff. And she talks about the people in her life, like I''m supposed to know them. "Oh, and Jeremy, you know how he is....blah blah..." No actually, I don''t know any Jeremys......but I''ll just sit here and keep nodding and smilling.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 8:12:24 PM
Author: meresal

Date: 4/8/2009 8:11:16 PM

2.gif
or Easter!!
3.gif
LOL! Yeah, Meresal! Hey, maybe she could give out little Easter baskets with chocolate bunnys, etc. in them to all of her co-workers, and just nonchalantly sneak an iPod into his! Maybe even tape little bunny ears to the iPod so it seems more Easter-y? Hee hee!!!
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
A couple of years ago, I ended up on the other side of the cube wall from what had to be the ding-battiest male ever. He asked the craziest questions that would just make you scratch your head. It got so crazy I started making a list of all the crazy things he did/said/asked on the a daily basis.

Here''s what takes the cake, however. He was on his MySpace account one day and all of the sudden starts squeeling for the gal that sat in front of me to come over. She comes over and he gushingly goes "Terri!!! Look at this picture! Don''t my teeth look SPARKLY!!!!!". I nearly lost it. Not that this was a surprising comment from him, but the fact that he was so excited about it nearly made me fall out of my chair laughing.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, the sparkly teeth thing really got me laughing!

I guess this is the plus about being a teacher. I work in isolation almost all day. It''s my wards/students who can sometimes annoy me, but I have a lot more patience for not yet fully grown people than I do for the fully grown, so it all works out.

I love The Office, but I really can''t relate to that type of working environment. I see my coworkers when we wait in line for the microwaves at lunch, and that''s about it.

Now of course, there are a few that I think are silly/weird/stupid/useless, but I mostly form my opinion from what the kids say and what I can hear through the walls.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
There is a gentleman whose office is 5 rooms down the hall from mine. (ie: drywall office with a door).

He whacks his stapler so hard that my monitor shakes. I feel so sorry for the people in the adjacent offices.

I can also hear every single word when he''s dictating into his dictaphone.

LS

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you god that I work from home. Alone.

You poor people. Fess up: Who keeps a flask at their desk?!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 8:49:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
You poor people. Fess up: Who keeps a flask at their desk?!
I keep an unopened bottle of scotch on the top of my desk. It''s the "open in case of emergencies" kind of thing. So far I haven''t opened it...but one never knows.
31.gif

LS

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm lets see....
drinks pepsi all day
doesn''t comb his hair or get dressed all day some days
comes to work right after getting out of bed without a shower
sleeps on the job between client calls
posts on PS all day
leaves pepsi bottles all around
is a know it all and a smarta$$

Good thing is that intelligent conversations are very easy to have :}

Wait a sec that''s me! lol

Good thing im my own co-worker.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results