shape
carat
color
clarity

Things your co-workers to that drive you batty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lordee where to start.

I think the most annoying thing at the moment is when the coworker that covers my desk (reception desk) while I''m on lunch INSISTS on adjusting my chair to her liking. Arms and all. Come on. You''re only sitting in it for an HOUR. And she switches the ear side on my headset. And moves the phone. And the monitor.

all of this would be fine... if she would PUT IT BACK when done. Argh.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:26:05 PM
Author:Gypsy
Got a new cube neighbor. Plays music. In his cube. BAD music. It''s called an IPOD and HEADPHONES BUDDY, invest!

The guy at the next lab bay over not only plays BAD music, he plays highly inappropriate and obnoxious music (i.e. offensive, racist and/or sexist, etc...). So glad I will be gone soon...
29.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 8:43:38 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
OK, the sparkly teeth thing really got me laughing!

I guess this is the plus about being a teacher. I work in isolation almost all day. It''s my wards/students who can sometimes annoy me, but I have a lot more patience for not yet fully grown people than I do for the fully grown, so it all works out.

I love The Office, but I really can''t relate to that type of working environment. I see my coworkers when we wait in line for the microwaves at lunch, and that''s about it.

Now of course, there are a few that I think are silly/weird/stupid/useless, but I mostly form my opinion from what the kids say and what I can hear through the walls.
He also spent a day obsessing about his tan....

And then told me his email was saying it was over the limit but his inbox wasn''t full. I asked him he''d deleted his sent messages... nope. He then asked me if there was a way to delete more than one at a time or if he had to delete them one by one.... This from someone that was in an admin/support position. OY.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:57:30 PM
Author: so cal girl
I am an engineer. And most of the stereotypes you hear about engineers being weird are true. Here are some of the things that people do in my office that drive me batty.

1. Clipping your nails at work. Please take care of personal hygiene at home. I had one coworker cut his nails in a meeting once. Just let the clippings fly all over the room and left them there.

2. Talk loudly on the phone about personal stuff. I admit, I am sometimes an offender on this one. Not too loudly, hopefully, but my husband does call me at work. But I can hear the guy who sits two cubes over from me talking (loudly) about his divorce on the phone almost every day.

3. Not learning how to use headphones and making unneccessary sounds. One coworker of mine has lots of sound effects at his desk. He thinks they are clever/witty. He has one of those big red buttons from Staples, that when you press says ''that was easy.'' He presses it at sporadic moments throughout the day. He''s got a new one this week that makes the sound that happens when you die in a video game. He also listens to videos on his computer with no headphones.

4. This is not a general one, but one guy I used to work with picked his chest hair and ate it. It was a nervous tick. Now you know what I have to deal with
7.gif
OMG I almost just threw up in my mouth. That is the most disgusting thing I''ve heard in a while. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
They stink up the bathroom. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

never fails
39.gif
14.gif
29.gif
32.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
When someone clears her throat literally every 5 seconds or so, THE WHOLE LIVE LONG DAY!!!! She says it''s allergies, but refuses to go to the doctor. Ever. (I feel horrible for even posting this. It''s my mom. We work in the same building since we kind of have a collaboration of family businesses going on.) I love her to death, but OMG it drives me freaking insane. And she gets REALLY mad if you ask her to stop. I am 100% postivie it''s just a nervous tick. It distracts me all day and makes me wanna pull my hair out, and I can''t get away from it.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
The whining and complaining. Oh, and the gossiping.
14.gif

I try not to stay too late at work to avoid the drama.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
My dad is a college professor, and once his graduating students gave him a toothpaste and toothbrush as a thank you gift. My dad did NOT get it, and my mom had to explain it to him.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 10:54:42 PM
Author: choro72
My dad is a college professor, and once his graduating students gave him a toothpaste and toothbrush as a thank you gift. My dad did NOT get it, and my mom had to explain it to him.
Awwww! (lol)

Poor thing...What did he say once he understood?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I worked at one place where my "neighbor" ha this obsessive whistling habit. It wasn''t actually a whistle though, more like a noise a gopher makes.

Also worked at a place where we had to have our pants judged by the boss because one girl kept coming in with her thong showing (in a medical office).

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 10:28:36 PM
Author: Kelli
When someone clears her throat literally every 5 seconds or so, THE WHOLE LIVE LONG DAY!!!! She says it''s allergies, but refuses to go to the doctor. Ever. (I feel horrible for even posting this. It''s my mom. We work in the same building since we kind of have a collaboration of family businesses going on.) I love her to death, but OMG it drives me freaking insane. And she gets REALLY mad if you ask her to stop. I am 100% postivie it''s just a nervous tick. It distracts me all day and makes me wanna pull my hair out, and I can''t get away from it.
Kelli, I feel ya... did you see my post about the "sniffler". It is decidedly NOT allergies, it''s a habit. Though, no one really says anthing to her, we just put the "noise makers" in the same area. LOL.

OMG, that sounds horrible.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I once worked for someone who thought nothing of rearranging the family *cough* parts whenever the jockeys were a tad too tight or pinching just so. He would do this in front of customers, too. Most of the ladies would look slightly flumoxed. Men never even noticed.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to work with a guy who used to "pass gas" whenever he felt like it. OMG PPPP UUU. Used to drive us crazy with his trail of smelliness.
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My office neighbor uses the world''s smelliest lotion. The whole hallway and the surrounding offices smell for hours after she slathers it on. She also plays gospel music all the time. I want to steal her boom box!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any coworkers right now, but my last ones were...different.
I worked with 7 other people, and then there were 6 others for our "area."
Well one of the people I worked with, whenever she would get up and walk somewhere(usually right around my desk) she would breath in loudly. She would also walk around without her shoes on.
The oldest lady that worked with us would often have gas, like everyday and everybody there was just used to her and her gas...I was not pleased.
Then my boss would never set her phone to go to voice mail, so even though she seemed to receive the most calls in our area, she just wouldn''t answer her phone, so it would keep ringing...all of the time. She also said that our work attire should be "business casual" but all of her pants were those funky all cotton ones, and she almost always wore crocs or weird ugly brown loafers.

I also had a sniffler at the place I worked before this, but instead of just sniffling when she needed to blow her nose she would hard and loud in her station with customers around...it grossed me out like no other.
Ugh, coworkers.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 10:59:31 PM
Author: Bia
Date: 4/8/2009 10:54:42 PM

Author: choro72

Awwww! (lol)

Poor thing...What did he say once he understood?
Actually he was (and still is) in denial. "Nooo, they wouldn''t mean that!"
15.gif

He actually has a medical reason, but considering the price of tic-tacs, I hold him responsible for not trying
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I had one lady at the job I've just left that was driving All of us insane - I am very glad to be rid of her!
Can you say inappropriate? I can't put my finger on it, but she was just completely tactless with
almost everything she would say. And soooo slooooowwww at her work, while being hyper critical of others' work.
29.gif

How about checking up on co workers that they had done their little job roster jobs for the day, a number of times,
every single freakin day -
"Have you done your job? That's not my job..Is that your job? Who will do this job? I can't do it, it's not my job, this one is my job"
and so on ad nauseum..we're talking about tiny things like doing the dishes - grow up!

We had to do away with the job roster because of this woman, before someone killed her. I kid you not.

How about "Well, that's not how we did it when I worked at *so and so* branch" aaargghhh! This was her excuse for
every single thing she mucked up (alot) - "but that's not how we did it over there".
38.gif
Well you don't work there anymore, you work here, so learn
the right way !!!! aargghh!!
39.gif
14.gif

I know I sound bitter - but I did come very close to strangling her....
ok, I'm exaggerating on that, but she was a total PITA..
And she constantly tried to joke with people but it was never funny, just inappropriate and weird. Uncomfortable!
40.gif

And this woman, although you would think she is maybe 19 - nope, over 50
32.gif

Somehow I honestly don't know how ppl make it that far in their lives!

I feel extremely bad for those of you that have to put up with all these gross physical habits - yeuck
14.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 8:12:50 PM
Author: joflier
I have a coworker that talks incessantly. I mean absolutely nonstop rambling. About nothing. Dumb stuff. And she talks about the people in her life, like I'm supposed to know them. 'Oh, and Jeremy, you know how he is....blah blah...' No actually, I don't know any Jeremys......but I'll just sit here and keep nodding and smilling.
Sigh... Same here.

The owner of my company has several other firms. He decided he'd like to get them all together in one big new office building. Unfortunately, while waiting for the new building to be furnished and painted and so on, 2 of his other companies' rent contracts expired and the new building is not ready yet. Sooo they had to move in with us.
40.gif
Needless to say, it's a little crowded around here now.

The worst part is that the general manager of one of these companies now shares my office because it was the biggest one. I refused to vacate it for her (talk about authority in the eyes of my personnel if I gather my things and leave my own office for her!) and instead of her moving in to a smaller office and being on her own, she just wanted mine! She's absolutely horrible! Not only does she talk all the time, she talks nasty, spiteful things about everyone, gossiping and slandering. I just wear my headphones all the time and completely ignore her. Otherwise I'd have to kill her. And just hope the new building will be ready ASAP.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I used to teach with a man who had that condition where your skin is really scabby and flaky along the hairline, its like Seborrheic Dermatitis on crack. He absentmindedly picks the chunks of flaky masses, rolls them into balls and flicks them off to his side. It is the most foul thing ever. I''m not certain that he knows that he does this, but he often complains loudly about never meeting nice women.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here's another one.....

This gal was a real piece of work. Swimmer's post reminded me of her. She had some psoriasis or something on her arms, and she'd itch them a lot. The back of her chair would just be all little skin flakes. (((shudder)))

Plus, she never washed her hands, and every morning, would eat a big bag of cheetos. What happens to your hands when you eat cheetos? Yup, they are covered in orange dust. One day, we flipped over her chair, and the whole bottom side was covered in orange cheeto dust where she'd wipe her hands! AAUUGHH!!!! Thank goodness she's gone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 8:53:10 PM
Author: strmrdr
hmmm lets see....
drinks pepsi all day
doesn''t comb his hair or get dressed all day some days
comes to work right after getting out of bed without a shower
sleeps on the job between client calls
posts on PS all day
leaves pepsi bottles all around
is a know it all and a smarta$$

Good thing is that intelligent conversations are very easy to have :}

Wait a sec that''s me! lol

Good thing im my own co-worker.
That gave the game away LOL!!!
9.gif
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
The receptionist that I work with every week butts into the conversation that I''m having with a client. It drives me up the wall!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Though I am not currently employed, the one thing that always drives me crazy is people who constantly complain about everything, even their jobs yet do absolutely nothing to change things that would make them happy instead.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Eavesdrops on my conversations...and then COMMENTS on them. And we''re both in offices, adjacent to each other. Either I talk too loudly or he''s listening too closely. I close my door for really secret stuff, personal calls, etc.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I think the weirdest thing is when co-workers are TOO personal. I like to keep it BIZ... PLEASURE. I don''t like to let the two mix. I am alright w/ talking "non-personal" stuff w/ co-workers... the obligatory, how was your weekend, what did you do? But I don''t want to hear about marital issues, and financial issues. I mean, maybe if I''d been working w/ this person for longer... but I dont think a few weeks you know someone enough to try to GIVE or RECEIVE financial advice. (It would take me YEARS working w/ someone to feel comfortable enough for that... and honestly, I''m not sure how comfortable I''d be... esp if we weren''t meeting outside of work.)

I just had to laugh. The person who tries to give me financial advice has a debt consolidation loan, 3 car loans, a motorcycle loan, a morgage, and 3 credit cards, and uses the business credit card for personal purchases because the other cards are maxed out. It is really sad... and this person asks me to do FAVORS for them all the time.

It is strange because I don''t want to because I work with the person, but I cannot say no because I feel like it would create bad blood. The only reason I get angry and don''t want to help, is because I hear her taking personal calls from her husband... yes during MEETINGS- etc, and she doesn''t want to bother her husband to ask him to do something... IE PICK UP HIS CAR FROM THE SHOP, so she''ll ask me to help her with it. I''m just like, Why should I ask my husband to be put out - when you cannot even bother to inconvenience yours? DEFINATELY issues going on... I just don''t want any part of that DRAMA!

So I guess I wish people would be more considerate of their audience. Just because I''m nice - doesn''t make me your friend... and also, be careful what you ask people to do.

--- then the other stuff... nail clipping, letting your phone ring your "cute ring tone" at max volume in an office setting. You may really like "Me so horny" but it is not appropriate for this office. -- People that scavenger other depts pot lucks... (it shouldn''t bother me... but it is annoying how they only want to talk to you when it is a food day... interesting.) -- and people that pee on the toilet seat, or leave the butt doiley on the potty... this is not for multiple uses!!!!
14.gif

ok. focker out!

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock

I have a lot of... "characters" in my cubicle farm office.

One man "crops dusts" (walks along the cubicle hallways leaving a trail of gas behind him): step pfft step pfffft step pfffffffffffft.

14.gif

Another man clips his nails, burps, loudly blows his nose (huge pet peeve of mine), and hocks loogies at his desk.

One woman, who has a Fran Dresher voice, holds tri-weekly conference calls at her desk on speaker phone. She also sneezes frequently and VERY loudly. I don't get how a person can possibly sneeze that loud. She also takes off her shoes at her desk and because she wears pantyhose/nylon trouser socks every day, her feet stink. (I cannot stand the smell of feet.)

My former boss (who is still in the cubicle farm area) insists that everyone's business is his business. For example, if he walks down a cubicle hallway and two people are having a conversation, he'll interrupt and ask, "so what are we talking about?" Also, when he walks down the cubicle hallways, he wrenches his neck so he can look into every single cubicle he passes so he can see what's on everyone's computer. People have rearranged their cubicle set-ups, strategically placed desk plants, etc. to block his view. He's even gone so far as to walk into my cubicle-neighbor's cube (her desk is positioned so that her back is to her cubicle doorway) and started reading OUT LOUD an email she was typing to her husband. I don't think "please" or "thank you" are in his vocabulary either. Freakin' jerk-wad!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 10:51:29 AM
Author: aprilcait

I have a lot of... ''characters'' in my cubicle farm office.

One man ''crops dusts'' (walks along the cubicle hallways leaving a trail of gas behind him): step pfft step pfffft step pfffffffffffft.

14.gif

That just made me burst out laughing! Good term.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I have a few.

Older woman next to me is weird about what she eats. No meat, nothing processed. She''s convinced it will kill her if she eats any of that stuff, despite the rest of us living just fine. Anyway, EVERY DAY when I warm up my food at lunch she will stand up to peek over the wall cubicle and ask what I have because it "smells so good." When I tell her, she will proceed to tell me how bad it is and full of "hydrogenated crap." Uh...thanks?

The guy in the corner behind me sucks snot up all day. GET A TISSUE UGH. It makes me feel ill.

At my last job I had a co-worker that "coughed" all day. He was a tall big guy, but the cough was MINISCULE. It was more like heavy breathing than a cough. It didn''t sound at all satisfying, like he wasn''t even scratching the itch. Bah!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 9:06:50 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/8/2009 8:53:10 PM
Author: strmrdr
hmmm lets see....
drinks pepsi all day
doesn''t comb his hair or get dressed all day some days
comes to work right after getting out of bed without a shower
sleeps on the job between client calls
posts on PS all day
leaves pepsi bottles all around
is a know it all and a smarta$$

Good thing is that intelligent conversations are very easy to have :}

Wait a sec that''s me! lol

Good thing im my own co-worker.
That gave the game away LOL!!!
9.gif
35.gif
LOL, ditto.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmmmmm where to start? Ok, we have the 72 year old gentleman who refuses to retire, can''t keep a train of thought while he''s teaching and frequently falls asleep at his desk. Have I mentioned he has keep pamphlets, books, etc. from everything he has ever tought or thought about teaching. I swear Jimmy Hoffa is hidden in his office, so full of papers and books fire marshall has written out Driector about it.

Then there is stinky John. His office is permeated witht he smell of cigarette smoke, cat urine and just general uncleanliness. The smell has made it to the hall outside his office and I have to run through it quickly as I go by.

Then there is the receptionist, Smoking Jennifer. No sooner does she arrive, she puts her stuff down and says she need to go smoke, well didn''t you just smoke before you came in or on the drive? Then 15 min before she GOES TO LUNCH needs another smoke break, again 15 minutes before LEAVING FOR THE DAY needs another, these are in addition to regular smoke breaks.

I don''t want to bore you so I will stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results