shape
carat
color
clarity

Things to do before I can wear the ring? (Appraisals, Insurance, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue_green

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for a short time and was wondering what steps I need to take before I can actually wear my ring. I know it''s important to get insurance (and a sales associate at a B&M told me to make sure I had insurance before even walking out the door) and I think it''s also to get the stone appraised, since bf purshased it from an internet vendor.

What else am I missing? What order do we do this? After the proposal can I not wear the ring until it is insured? How long does that take?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
BG,

Tell BF Ira said he is in charge to get an appraisal (first, if needed at all...may not be depending on what vendor provided him, etc.) and insurance, and to do it toot suite...so you can wear it when you like. Doesn''t take long. He (or you) can research on this board for insurance options.

Congrats!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most likely, if your ring came from a good vendor, it will come with a GIA/AGS certificate AND an appraisal once you purchase it. These documents are all you need to get it insured, and for example, with Jewelers Mutual you can do it all online and the policy takes effect immediately. So no waiting necessary!

If you want an appraisal for your own security or for more detailed information, your BF should get it as soon as he has the ring.

Ira is completely right, that it would be in everyone''s best interests if your BF did all this BEFORE proposing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results