shape
carat
color
clarity

Things are coming together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies- Just thought I'd give an update.

So I know a few months back I mentioned that SO and I were selling our house, and upgrading to a new home. But due to the closing being pushed back and money needed for the closing of the house we sold, he needed to put the last ring payment on hold for a bit.

Well, I am happy to report that we are all set. We closed on the house we sold, and found our DREAM house! Its in such a beautiful, elegant neighborhood. Its our "being a family house". It has all the things I was looking for: 4 bedrooms (for plenty of kids), a hall bath upstairs, a master suite, master bath, a FABBBBBB walk in closet for all my shoes (lol), an incredible kitchen with island perfect for gatherings, a big dining room, downstairs bath, a formal dining room, a huge great room (family room), a finished basement, and a huge backyard. YYEEAAHHHHH!
36.gif

Sorry to ramble, but my biggest problem with our first house, is it wasnt conducive to entertaining. I am one of 6 kids, so when my family comes over, we need SPACE. So I am so excited to have this house for SO and I to raise a family in, and have everyone over for thanksgiving, xmas, easter, etc!

Sooo....anyway now that thats done with, the ring production was continued 2 weeks ago, and the ring should be done by the end of this week! YYEEAAHHH!
30.gif
(Now all i have to do is wait for him to use the ring! HAHA)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's awesome! Sounds like you have tons of good news! A house and a ring? Doesn't get much better than that!

Wouldn't mind seeing pictures of either!!
2.gif
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
awesome!! do you have pictures of the house?

congrats, on all levels!! :)
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! The house sounds perfect! Hopefully your SO will use that ring soon so we can see some pics
9.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh that''s really exciting news!! A new house and a ring! I must say, I''m quite jealous.

I too would love to see pics! Are you design savvy? I mean, are you good at interior design and that sort of thing? That''s honestly one of my biggest fears for when SO and I buy a home. I can do one or two rooms, but I think a whole house would be really daunting to me!
23.gif

Anyway, congrats! Things certainly are coming together!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Oh man that''s double exciting! I''m really looking forward to the proposal, but I''m probably even more excited to have a house of my own eventually!

Congrats! (x2)

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
That is WONDERFUL! You''ll have to share photos once you start moving things in, we''d love to drool over your beautiful house!

Sending engagement dust your way for a proposal!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Yay SO excited for you!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 5:14:49 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy
Ooh that's really exciting news!! A new house and a ring! I must say, I'm quite jealous.

I too would love to see pics! Are you design savvy? I mean, are you good at interior design and that sort of thing? That's honestly one of my biggest fears for when SO and I buy a home. I can do one or two rooms, but I think a whole house would be really daunting to me!
23.gif

Anyway, congrats! Things certainly are coming together!
Thanks ladies! I must say I am thrilled!
36.gif

Iowa- here is a pic, but not really a good shot. It looks much prettier without all the snow! LOL

Design savvy....yes and no. I'd like to think I have good taste, and know what I want the house to look like. But.....as far as coming up with the pieces, and putting everything together to make the final product what I want.....not really. I was just thinking of hiring someone to do it. Or when you buy at Ethan Allen (which I LOVE....and OBSESSED with Pottery Barn), they do complimentary design service. So I may just do that lol!
27.gif

ourhome.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG! IT''S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that sounds like an awesome house! And a ring, too! You have lots of great stuff going on, lady!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an AMAZINg house! It is also amazing you are that fortunate enough to be able to move into that beautiful new house!

I''m so happy for you! It looks like a family home
1.gif
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
more beautiful without snow!?!?!!? dang its beautiful now!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh that home is DREAMY!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It reminds me a bit of the Home Alone house (which I've always loved)

ETA- Oh, and I am a HUGE lover of attached garages on the SIDE of the house. I'm not so much into the homes where the garage is all you see.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 5:56:08 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Oh my gosh that home is DREAMY!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It reminds me a bit of the Home Alone house (which I''ve always loved)

ETA- Oh, and I am a HUGE lover of attached garages on the SIDE of the house. I''m not so much into the homes where the garage is all you see.

I was thinking home alone house too. It''s absolutely gorgeous-I''m in love with that house! Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results