shape
carat
color
clarity

Thin Solitaire Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everybody! I''ve been lurking for a few months now and cannot imagine purchasing a diamond without the knowledge and help of PS''ers! (i.e., I could not have found this board soon enough).

So, I''ve decided I will be getting a thin plain solitaire platinum setting for the 2ct cushion I will be purchasing for my gf sometime in March (I will start a new thread when the stone search gets going). I know that my gf will like this type of setting and want to keep it long term.

I really like this setting from Leon Mege (here) but am hesitant to go upscale custom for a setting that does not involve intricate engraving, micropave, etc., and I have to believe that there are very nice thin plain settings available. However, I have searched quite a lot of websites (including Pearlman''s and many designers) and have come up with nothing comparable. My guess is the Leon setting is no more than 2mm.

So, that leads me to see if anyone has any ideas or has come across anything that might fit the bill. I have seen a few similar threads in the past, but many seemed dated.

If you think I should just go with Leon, feel free to express that as well! Thanks everyone!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeff, a lot depends on the head (the part attaching a stone to a band) which is not visible, but will be when on the finger. Do you have any idea of what it should be?

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
I suppose I did leave out some important information there.

4-prong, basic basket (like a 4-prong tiffany setting, I guess?). Not cathedral.

That might not have been all that helpful-- I have spent most of my time researching stones and apparently not enough learning the basics of settings! Let me know if there are some basic questions I can answer to help you help me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly, if you love that Leon setting, I''d just get it from him. His pricing is reasonable and even lower than many designer peices. I haven''t seen a solitaire setting that thin, Ritani would probably make one that''s close but even so, I''d just go with the Leon.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous solitaire, one of the nicest I''ve ever seen. I''d go with leon, he''d make it beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results