shape
carat
color
clarity

They've captured the most special snowflake ever

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The teen drove drunk and killed four people, but it wasn't his fault because mom and dad are rich! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Ethan Couch: US 'affluenza' runaway teen delays Mexico extradition

A fugitive who made headlines for using an "affluenza" defence after a fatal drunk-driving crash has delayed his extradition from Mexico to the US.
A judge will now consider the deportation of Ethan Couch, 18.

He and his mother were arrested in the resort town of Puerto Vallarta after a phone call for pizza tipped off police.
Couch left Texas for Mexico after he allegedly broke probation. His lawyer had argued a privileged upbringing left him with no sense of responsibility.

An arrest warrant was issued earlier this month for Couch after he failed to report to his probation officer.
His disappearance came shortly after he had apparently been filmed at a party where people were consuming alcohol, police said.
He could go to prison for up to 10 years if found to have violated his probation by drinking.
His mother Tonya Crouch faces charges of hindering an apprehension.

She and her son planned their disappearance and even held a going-away party, said police.
It is not yet clear if she has also sought to delay her extradition.

They were being held at immigration offices in Guadalajara and had been due to fly to Houston on Wednesday evening.
Couch was on juvenile probation after killing four people in a 2013 drink-driving crash in 2013.
He pleaded guilty and a judge sentenced him in juvenile court to 10 years' probation and a stint in rehab.

A psychologist at his trial successfully argued that his privileged upbringing - an unrecognised condition known as "affluenza" - meant his parents had not taught him a sense of responsibility.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35200931

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I heard that term ("affluenza") for the first time the other day. What a strange world we live in. We have a label for just about everything these days (and the drugs to cure it). I prefer to call many of them good old-fashioned "excuses" :lol: ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought this thread was going to be about a snowflake, the kind that falls from the sky in cold weather. I can't read about these other matters right now, so I will stop reading. I just wanted to register that I was taken by surprise by the use of the word, "snowflake" as something other than a cold, crystalline, piece of snow!

AGBF
:saint:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope he gets life. And her tooZ

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They planned a going away party for running from the police..... For her son violating probation....for killing four people!!!

These people are psychopaths. They have no moral values at all. They just continue to spit in the face of the people over and over. This is shocking.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1451574595|3968900 said:
They planned a going away party for running from the police..... For her son violating probation....for killing four people!!!

These people are psychopaths. They have no moral values at all. They just continue to spit in the face of the people over and over. This is shocking.

Even more shocking is that the affluenza defense worked in the first place. This kid was responsible for the death of four people and got only 10 years probation! Why would we expect his parents to raise him with a moral compass when our own justice system doesn't (in this case) have one?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
A MASS MURDERER out on parole in the first place?

Ah, to be rich.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1451593501|3969016 said:
House Cat|1451574595|3968900 said:

Even more shocking is that the affluenza defense worked in the first place. This kid was responsible for the death of four people and got only 10 years probation! Why would we expect his parents to raise him with a moral compass when our own justice system doesn't (in this case) have one?

Hard to believe a judge would fall for this. I think we need to throw them all in jail...judge included!

We've now had the "twinkie" excuse, the "she's too pretty to go to jail" excuse, and now the "I'm too rich, it's my parents fault" excuse.
I wonder what they'll think of next???

Now the Mom's lawyer is saying that legally she has done nothing wrong. The newscaster questioned whether a judge would agree
or not :lol: . Who knows though???

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1451690305|3969413 said:
We've now had the "twinkie" excuse, the "she's too pretty to go to jail" excuse, and now the "I'm too rich, it's my parents fault" excuse.

The Octavia Defense, of course.

I couldn't safely wear it in prison, and could not bear to be without my precious. ;))

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1451690466|3969414 said:

I couldn't safely wear it in prison, and could not bear to be without my precious. ;))

Totally works for me!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it matters if you have one dollar or a billion dollars there is no excuse for killing people or being A-holes about it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Don't need one here in Australia as a couple months ago a young man was released from his sentence early due to the fact that he was 'not coping well with being in prison'.
That had me absolutely gobsmacked.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1451690466|3969414 said:

I'm sure it would fly with the right judge! :wall:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1451702025|3969475 said:

Don't need one here in Australia as a couple months ago a young man was released from his sentence early due to the fact that he was 'not coping well with being in prison'.
That had me absolutely gobsmacked.

What? It wasn't the picnic he thought it would be? And now I finally get to use the emoticon I've been dying to use! :boohoo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results