shape
carat
color
clarity

These stats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lama

Rough_Rock
Shape and cut: Round Brilliant Cut
Measurements: 7.24 – 7.31 x 4.48 mm.
Weight: 1.48 carats
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Slightly thick to very thick, faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI1
Color Grade: H
Fluorescence: None

$4,200

Used diamond, I am considering buying from someone I know.

Good or bad?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
You need more information...such as pavilion and crown angles.
The "good" polish and symmetry isn''t exactly a good thing.

Find out the pavilion and crown angles, and enter the information into the HCA, found here
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

If it scores under 2, it may be a good contender.

lama

Rough_Rock
I will try and get that info over the weekend.

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope.

This probably isn't a top cut judging from the table size and girdle thickness, also it is facing up small for it's carat weight, but it may look attractive. We really need the crown and pavillion angles to be able to judge this cut on paper, does it have a grading report such as GIA? If it is a newer report then that info should be on it. The good polish and symmetry isn't necessarily a bad thing, it is in line with the other proportions and details of this diamond, which I would be more concerned with. Also without knowing which report it has, then it is hard to judge the price as the type of grading report can make a difference pricewise. With the info such as the grading report if it has one, then you can use the Pricescope your Diamond tool above to see what similar are going for. If you like the diamond, then perhaps you could see if the seller would let you get an independant appraisal before the purchase is final to check that the diamond isn't damaged in any way and to make sure it checks out, well worth $100 - 150 for peace of mind.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
At that price if it looks good, go for it. Chances are those angles wont be available for you to consider HCA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results