color
clarity

There Are No Words

katharath

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485902391|4122533 said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

katharath|1485899120|4122480 said:
You're not being silly. Our country is absolutely desensitized to these acts; to the point that the far right fetishize their guns above human life. And if my country hadn't so irresponsibly allowed such a despicable man to rise to power, we wouldn't have to question Trump's involvement in this exact issue. Sadly, those responsible for Trump will bear none of the responsibility; it is up to the rest of us to handle the consequences for their actions.

You are truly lucky to have a Prime Minister who is worthy of respect. We used to have that, in our previous president..no more.

Let no good tragedy go to waste when it can be conveniently & disgustingly politicized for party gain. :rolleyes:

You may have the bottom rung of that ladder.

Lol. Yeah...no doubt my PS posts in Hangout are really upping "the party's" street cred.

Or perhaps something I said just struck a nerve?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1485908420|4122606 said:
JoCoJenn|1485902391|4122533 said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

katharath|1485899120|4122480 said:
You're not being silly. Our country is absolutely desensitized to these acts; to the point that the far right fetishize their guns above human life. And if my country hadn't so irresponsibly allowed such a despicable man to rise to power, we wouldn't have to question Trump's involvement in this exact issue. Sadly, those responsible for Trump will bear none of the responsibility; it is up to the rest of us to handle the consequences for their actions.

You are truly lucky to have a Prime Minister who is worthy of respect. We used to have that, in our previous president..no more.

Let no good tragedy go to waste when it can be conveniently & disgustingly politicized for party gain. :rolleyes:

You may have the bottom rung of that ladder.

Lol. Yeah...no doubt my PS posts in Hangout are really upping "the party's" street cred.

I'm sure you struck a nerve Kathrath. Excellent post!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake - thank you :)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1485892290|4122416 said:
december-fire|1485888117|4122382 said:
I thought it was silly (yeah, let's go with that word out of the many that came to my mind) that Trudeau called it 'terrorism' right after it happened. If we're interested in motive, we might want to allow time for an investigation. And Trump? He never crossed my mind. He isn't behind every terrible thing in life - in my opinion.

I am proud of my Prime Minister. Regardless of the motive, killing and maiming innocent people in a place of worship IS a terrorist act. Actually, killing and maiming innocent people for any reason, ANYWHERE, would be considered a terrorist act here. So go ahead, call it 'silly.' I call it the truth.

ETA: and I'm sorry that perhaps you are so desensitized by what happens in your country every single day that you can't see it. I'm also sad to see how little empathy people of a certain political bent seem to be when discussing the pain and suffering and struggles of others. It makes me sad for all of you - both those who are missing a rich enough inner life to be able to compassionately imagine what it must be like to be in someone else's shoes, and those who have to find a way to live and work in harmony with you. It also helps me to understand how a man such as Trump would have been elected. And while I may not be a huge fan of everything that my Prime Minister does, I am proud at how he represents our values on the world stage. But maybe I'm just being 'silly' too.
To clarify, I'm quite sure December Fire is also a fellow Canadian.

I agree with you, cmd. This IS a terrorist. Terrorists aren't always brown skinned praying in Arabic.

I also agree that Trump DOES play a part. Showing it's okay to treat a certain sect of people like garbage often makes other people feel justified in doing the same. Quebec is an ... interesting province regarding their laws, especially related to religion. So no, obviously Trump isn't fully to blame. This has absolutely been brewing for a while. But what made it go over the edge? Only days after he says "Yep, we don't want those people here" and all his supporters rally with him? I dunno, pretty interesting.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kate-purchase-bill-shine-1.3960772

I find it quite disgusting that the PMO had to shame Fox News into deleting their tweet which incorrectly stated that the suspect was of Moroccan descent. Fox refused to delete the tweet earlier just so they can get the clicks, likes and retweets and Spicer perpetuated the misinformation to justify the travel ban.

I'll take this "good looking Liberal" PM and his "sunny ways" over Trump's negativity and alternative facts any day. Trump just makes me worry for the world and the EU president labeled the Trump administration as a threat.

I really hope that we don't become desensitized to mass shootings, terrorism or hate speech, because to me, apathy is pretty much as bad as acceptance of these terrible acts.

Edit: Grammar, clarity. Late posting (sorry, don't want to post wrong info)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1485908420|4122606 said:

Yes, one of insensitivity toward our neighbor's to the north during a horrific time of tragedy. You'll forgive me for hoping compassion & empathy could replace politics when it's clear (to me anyway) that CDN PS members who posted about this appear deeply troubled (and justifiably so) by the attack.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results