shape
carat
color
clarity

The Zircon thread

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Deskjockey, did you ever put that lovely zircon of yours in a setting that was partly inspired by my pearl halo? Would love to see it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh!! I love these cognac colours. How will you set these?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Helicoptergem|1483510957|4112186 said:
Not sure, I have one more small piece to cut then I think I am going to buy some more rough, most likely I will list one or two on Louptroup and etsy and keep the rest unset and maybe set a yellow orange round one in a swirl setting will have to play with the cad stuff alittle and see what happens.

Nice zircons! Thanks for sharing. If you are a seller you should request for your status to be changed to Trade. :wavey:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
My peacock green zircon by Chris Auletta...

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

Acinom, I have been in love with your gorgeous ring since you first posted it. It's simply stunning! Would you be offended if I asked Alister to do something similar with an antique cushion cut zircon I have from Dana?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I have been in love with your gorgeous ring since you first posted it. It's simply stunning! Would you be offended if I asked Alister to do something similar with an antique cushion cut zircon I have from Dana?

You are so lovely to ask! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would be honoured @Keeliamira!! Alistair will create a gorgeous ring for you. Looking forward to see the result .

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I would be honoured @Keeliamira!! Alistair will create a gorgeous ring for you. Looking forward to see the result .

You are so lovely to ask! :appl:

Thank you so much @Acinom! I wouldn't think of not asking :roll2: Everyone here puts such heart and joy into bringing their design ideas to fruition. I would hate for anyone to feel like their idea or "thunder" was taken without permission.

HC47

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am new to PS and really enjoying the zircons! It’s my daughter’s birthstone and I am looking for an extra special one. So far, I have found a pink one and a green (supposedly the green is natural unheated??) and I have my eye on a couple of unheated pinks on ebay, but a little unsure since I was told no pink zircon is unheated and a little nervous buying on ebay.

My plan is to make her a ring now (she is only 11mos) and give it to her on her 16th birthday. So I am searching for “the one”. After seeing these blue zircons though, I am leaning towards finding a blue!

Enjoying the pics, thank you :)

HC47

Rough_Rock
The more quality blue ones I see, such as in this forum, the more I am starting to appreciate the blue. I have not seen my pink stone in person yet (I had it shipped to a relative) so I am hoping it is as nice in real life. If not, I’m going to try to invest in a blue. :)

Sorry, RI?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The more quality blue ones I see, such as in this forum, the more I am starting to appreciate the blue. I have not seen my pink stone in person yet (I had it shipped to a relative) so I am hoping it is as nice in real life. If not, I’m going to try to invest in a blue. :)

Sorry, RI?

Refractive index. But I’m just speculating that it seems higher for blue just because they are so much more shiny than pink or green

alamana

Shiny_Rock
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

My pink zircon arrived today! I found it with the help of Pricescopers! It's Tanzanian, 2.87 carats, 7.05mm, and asscher cut. It looks a little dark inside the house, but I love the silvery thing it has got going on.

I'm taking it to Pete at Quest tomorrow to talk settings for a rhr. I'm thinking I want a very delicate halo, maybe even a double halo, but I'd love to hear suggestions!

This is my first CS purchase, and I'm very excited.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

My pink zircon arrived today! I found it with the help of Pricescopers! It's Tanzanian, 2.87 carats, 7.05mm, and asscher cut. It looks a little dark inside the house, but I love the silvery thing it has got going on.

I'm taking it to Pete at Quest tomorrow to talk settings for a rhr. I'm thinking I want a very delicate halo, maybe even a double halo, but I'd love to hear suggestions!

This is my first CS purchase, and I'm very excited.

Beautiful cutting. I'd love to see some outside pics too. :twisted2:
I think a halo sounds perfect. :kiss2:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I picked up up this rather large Portuguese cut yellow zircon recently on a whim... It looked a lot lighter in the photos and videos, and oddly enough also in my photos with flash. In reality, it's a little darker than I had anticipated (it's like a dark sunflower yellow?) but it's pretty enough...

I know yellow isn't too popular around here but it's such a happy sunny colour that I wanted to see if I could find something in the right shade! Too bad this one is a tad too dark/orangey for what I was looking for.

The last photo of it in the box is probably most true to life in terms of colour when I view it indoors in natural light... Wish it was more like the lighter photo though!

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg IMG_2391.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I picked up up this rather large Portuguese cut yellow zircon recently on a whim... It looked a lot lighter in the photos and videos, and oddly enough also in my photos with flash. In reality, it's a little darker than I had anticipated (it's like a dark sunflower yellow?) but it's pretty enough...

I know yellow isn't too popular around here but it's such a happy sunny colour that I wanted to see if I could find something in the right shade! Too bad this one is a tad too dark/orangey for what I was looking for.

The last photo of it in the box is probably most true to life in terms of colour when I view it indoors in natural light... Wish it was more like the lighter photo though!

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg IMG_2391.jpg
I think it’s absolutel beautiful! I love yellow stones! What is the carat weight? What are your plans for it?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4071B369-E51D-43B7-9A9C-02CBED74227B.jpeg 849E6A8D-DCA8-44F8-96E8-B0A6ACD10B9F.jpeg 0879E95F-B7F6-4C14-A25E-A9CADAC18621.jpeg 158DCF97-4FF4-465B-AC73-8A5C6A40F5A0.jpeg Ever since I saw Acinom’s photos of her blue zircon rings, I wanted one a blue zircon ring for myself. I was surprised to find this deal on Rubylane. It is set with blue diamonds (irradiated,of course).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chatoyancy that's a fantastic find!!!! And it fits!!!!

I dropped my pink zircon ring on the wood floor yesterday and almost died! I looped it and didn't find anything though! I think it hit the diamond melee edge which is well protected by gold.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@chatoyancy that's a fantastic find!!!! And it fits!!!!

I dropped my pink zircon ring on the wood floor yesterday and almost died! I looped it and didn't find anything though! I think it hit the diamond melee edge which is well protected by gold.
Thank you!

I am so glad your pink zircon is ok.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is 6.12 carats! I have no idea what to do with it to be honest... I really wish it was a lighter less orangey yellow, but I think perhaps setting it with diamonds might be the way to go! Halo? Side stones? I’m torn!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is 6.12 carats! I have no idea what to do with it to be honest... I really wish it was a lighter less orangey yellow, but I think perhaps setting it with diamonds might be the way to go! Halo? Side stones? I’m torn!
Honestly, I would just set it in plain yellow gold, unless you have larger hands. I have a large sherry topaz I got from Mastercut and that’s what plan to do with mine. I have long skinny fingers and could not pull it off if if it had diamonds everywhere. If anything, small diamonds on the side would look pretty. It is such a lovely stone!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a small pair of 3.8mm diamonds coming to me as potential side stones... for this, my paraiba or my 0.8ct mrb. Haven’t decided yet!

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Zircon with a "reverse" alexandrite color change. From Burma.
The daylight color is here a grayish violet and the incandescent color is green. 1,60 ct

IMG_0163.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results